Received the email "Ready for Visa" today. Here are my details:
- AOR: January 10th 2021
- FSW-O express entry
- Current location: United States
- Nationality; Indian
- CPC Ottawa
- Ready for Visa email: 04/20/2022
- No GU / any other emails till since AOR

In the email they have asked me to send the passports for stamping to NY VAC in next 30 days
Congratulations, do you have stamping on your US visa. I've been trying to understand how long we have to land / if we have to go to India for US visa stamp and redo PCC / if it's possible to stamp in Canada itself... any info on this you may have?

Kkm260

Apr 21, 2022
Our PR application was refused today on the basis that officer is not convinced that the one year full time continuous work was met. This is not true and we provided evidence to that effect. However, we see in our previous gcms notes that the work duration had been automatically set to pick the first day of the month. So 1st August 2020 to 1 July 2021 (instead of 31st July). We could have been asked for more evidence or asked about the disparity in dates (which is owed to an automated system that picks the 1st). We want to appeal? Any advice please.

Lifeisstuck

Mar 4, 2022
Our PR application was refused today on the basis that officer is not convinced that the one year full time continuous work was met. This is not true and we provided evidence to that effect. However, we see in our previous gcms notes that the work duration had been automatically set to pick the first day of the month. So 1st August 2020 to 1 July 2021 (instead of 31st July). We could have been asked for more evidence or asked about the disparity in dates (which is owed to an automated system that picks the 1st). We want to appeal? Any advice please.
Did you submit the required reference letter with all job duties and responsibilities listed? Many people got this refusal based on not submitting the correct letter and just submitting offer letter and paystubs.
At the time of application the system should calculate your score, so if it calculated and said you have one year then I don't think ircc officer will view it differently.
You can definitely send in a webform with an accurate justification and appeal. Maybe best to consult an immigration attorney and check the path forward.
Do you know your visa office?

Reactions: Kkm260

Kkm260

Apr 21, 2022
Did you submit the required reference letter with all job duties and responsibilities listed? Many people got this refusal based on not submitting the correct letter and just submitting offer letter and paystubs.
At the time of application the system should calculate your score, so if it calculated and said you have one year then I don't think ircc officer will view it differently.
You can definitely send in a webform with an accurate justification and appeal. Maybe best to consult an immigration attorney and check the path forward.
Do you know your visa office?
Thanks for the response. Office is Montreal. We added a letter stating duties. I am carefully going through the gcms notes and you make a valid point about initial pass. I think what happened is that the total number of work experience months in Canada made us nominally qualify for CEC but we actually technically did not qualify for that as some of that was gotten while being a student. So the initial passing may be from there. But we were actually relying on foreign experience and pursuing FSW. my guess is that if the system starts and ends every work date on the first the ending the work duration on the 1st and not the 31st of July means one whole month of work was cut out making us unqualified for FSW then. Hopefully a lawyer can help us make our case

Lifeisstuck

Mar 4, 2022
Thanks for the response. Office is Montreal. We added a letter stating duties. I am carefully going through the gcms notes and you make a valid point about initial pass. I think what happened is that the total number of work experience months in Canada made us nominally qualify for CEC but we actually technically did not qualify for that as some of that was gotten while being a student. So the initial passing may be from there. But we were actually relying on foreign experience and pursuing FSW. my guess is that if the system starts and ends every work date on the first the ending the work duration on the 1st and not the 31st of July means one whole month of work was cut out making us unqualified for FSW then. Hopefully a lawyer can help us make our case
That might be the issue. If you put the work experience you gained as a student in work history then it will be calculated. Also they consider hourly work experience so I don't think you would've lost a whole month based on the fact that your experience ended on 30th July. But best to confirm with a professional. I think mostly the rejection came as you don't qualify for cec.
Did they ask you for any adr? Was your medical extended?
Good luck. Hope they reconsider your case.

Kkm260

Apr 21, 2022
That might be the issue. If you put the work experience you gained as a student in work history then it will be calculated. Also they consider hourly work experience so I don't think you would've lost a whole month based on the fact that your experience ended on 30th July. But best to confirm with a professional. I think mostly the rejection came as you don't qualify for cec.
Did they ask you for any adr? Was your medical extended?
Good luck. Hope they reconsider your case.
Medical was extended. Thanks for indulging me.

sepehrmzm

May 3, 2021
Hi guys,

I received my gcms notes for the third time today (took one month), the update is that my eligibility is now "recommend pass"; but the strange thing is that my criminality was "passed" in the previous note but in the new one is "not started". Anybody knows why?!

ITA: 17 Jan 21
FSW-O
VO: paris

Reactions: izzyhu1106

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Why create room for a refusal ? If the requirement says 3 years of continuous work you could play safe by applying after maintaining 3 years and 2 months of continuous work

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I landed a job offer and accepted it but I'm yet to land in Canada. My COPR and counterfoil were issued one month ago. Is it fine to land one week before the job start date ? Will I need to submit a social insurance number and other proof of PR documents before the start date ? The company is currently carrying out a background check on my profile.

addiecanvisa

Apr 23, 2022
Hi everyone, new poster, long time lurker here.

We received our FSW outland letter indicating "ready to issue COPR, send passports etc" around two weeks back (we are US based). Unfortunately the day we received the letter, we had just left on a 3 week trip to our home country, and might have issues meeting the 30 day deadline for sending over our original passports to Canada with a US return address. Especially concerned of any delays with flights or issues due to the last-second nature of COVID testing pre flights.

We did email requesting an extension immediately as instructed in the letter, and also sent through a follow up on not receiving any reply in two weeks. The letter has all relevant info I found applicable (Express entry application ID, UCI etc). No reply yet though, unfortunately.

Is there anything we would need to worry about here?

Edit: particularly asking if there's anything we can do if there's actual delays in travel. Currently, even if flights run exactly to schedule, we are cutting it very close on the 30 day deadlines.

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
As per the new announcement made, the new applications will be processed within the standard 6 months time period. What will happen to the backlogs? Many of us are still waiting to receive our pr. Will the entire backlog will be cleared or do we have to wait further?
This thing is now creating more and more depression, frustration, and many major life decisions are on halt because of this.

D

Deleted member 1083629

As per the new announcement made, the new applications will be processed within the standard 6 months time period. What will happen to the backlogs? Many of us are still waiting to receive our pr. Will the entire backlog will be cleared or do we have to wait further?
This thing is now creating more and more depression, frustration, and many major life decisions are on halt because of this.
The backlogs will be cleared at a slower speed. Relatively speaking, look at PNPs. August 2021 and August 2020 applicants get PR within the same week.
My plan was to withdraw my application and reapply again. The only issue is that it’s unknown how long it will take to withdraw the application.

Last edited by a moderator: