+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Now I get to know from the confirmed source within IRCC that since Minister has missed his Immigration targets, the managers within IRCC are pushing newer request to complete as fast as they can at the expense of request that are pending for more than a year (Most likely with a mindset that, people who are waiting have accepted the fact that there is going to be further delayed). That way they can reach their target numbers. I'm assuming the current draw with more than 27K applicant is part of that strategy. That was they can show that average processing time is lower.

This is horrible and heartbreaking. And only way we can change that is with collective action and by building pressure. Hence, I have decided to leave voice mail every single day with my name and number to minister's number and to my local MP. And will be publishing that everyday on Social media tagging minister, MP, IRCC, PM and media houses. I would like to know your opinion on that? I'll create the "#" so that they know it's not just one voice, it's a many of us.
Some here seem to think I like to defend IRCC - but what you describe as the strategy to hit the targets, I can absolutely believe that this would be an approach they would adopt. (Not because I'm anti-government, but because I think this is the way all large bureaucracies, private or govt, tend to think and act in practice)

A few thoughts:
-It will be pointless to attempt to say that this strategy is what is being done UNLESS you can get some actual information through an access to information request.

-Nonetheless, pushing the media and political narrative is the main thing you can do to keep the pressure up.

-Key point: I would STRONGLY suggest adding to your messages that if government wants to meet its targets for immigration, the BEST group to focus on approving quickly is spousal sponsorship applications.

Background: I believe government measures immigration in immigrants that actually arrive and land in Canada. Approvals may be tracked but government sets these targets to get actual new arrivals, and that's what is reported.

In fact, it's a bit odd for government to run these big express entry competitions when the vast majority of those who would get approved right now under Express Entry (for example) cannot even enter Canada due to the covid border restrictions.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Long observant and First time posting. As everyone else here, I tried every resource (MP, Minister, GC Note, Calling IRCC) and still no progress for last 10 months. Now I get to know from the confirmed source within IRCC that since Minister has missed his Immigration targets, the managers within IRCC are pushing newer request to complete as fast as they can at the expense of request that are pending for more than a year (Most likely with a mindset that, people who are waiting have accepted the fact that there is going to be further delayed). That way they can reach their target numbers. I'm assuming the current draw with more than 27K applicant is part of that strategy. That was they can show that average processing time is lower.

This is horrible and heartbreaking. And only way we can change that is with collective action and by building pressure. Hence, I have decided to leave voice mail every single day with my name and number to minister's number and to my local MP. And will be publishing that everyday on Social media tagging minister, MP, IRCC, PM and media houses. I would like to know your opinion on that? I'll create the "#" so that they know it's not just one voice, it's a many of us.

P. S. I know some of you will ask for proof, won't agree with my opinion and happy to wait. I would encourage them to ignore this message completely. Coz, I miss my family dearly and this step-fatherly treatment is utterly unacceptable.
Great thought and brainstorming you did to link the points. I'm very much convinced. Currently, they are trying to push new applications as fast as they can. I have 2 sponsorship applications going on both at CPC-Mississauga, Parents Sponship (May 2019, haven't heard anything after Sep 2019) and Outland Spouse (Dec 2019, haven't heard anything after Feb 2020).

Many like us have tried everything from reaching out to MPs to IRCC, webforms, GCMS notes, and whatnot, but nothing has changed for us. Instead, we saw new VOs coming into existence and processing Applications that got transferred after March 2020 Lockdown.

Your idea is great to use # and I've been doing this since Sep 2020, when I noticed Ottawa processing newer applications.

MPs are now turning down us saying normal processing time is now 18-20 months, but how come Ottawa, Bejing, and Shanghai working so fast. These delays are killing many relations now and these Liberals do not care.

My most recent tweet on Marco's post, check this out. I have posted my time, but he acts like blind.

Reactions: BRIL23 and DiiDii

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Everyone,

Long observant and First time posting. As everyone else here, I tried every resource (MP, Minister, GC Note, Calling IRCC) and still no progress for last 10 months. Now I get to know from the confirmed source within IRCC that since Minister has missed his Immigration targets, the managers within IRCC are pushing newer request to complete as fast as they can at the expense of request that are pending for more than a year (Most likely with a mindset that, people who are waiting have accepted the fact that there is going to be further delayed). That way they can reach their target numbers. I'm assuming the current draw with more than 27K applicant is part of that strategy. That was they can show that average processing time is lower.

P. S. I know some of you will ask for proof, won't agree with my opinion and happy to wait. I would encourage them to ignore this message completely. Coz, I miss my family dearly and this step-fatherly treatment is utterly unacceptable.
That's Ridiculous! So, What you think! What we can expect?
Will they look back on our application anytime? Or it will be like lost forever! :(

canada6424

Jan 7, 2021
That's Ridiculous! So, What you think! What we can expect?
Will they look back on our application anytime? Or it will be like lost forever! :(
The Answer May be a silent protest in front of MVO office ( covered by news channels ) . Then MVO might wake up immediately for outland processing backlogs :)

Mossef

Feb 22, 2021
if the file got transfer to shanghai VO according to IRCC call centre, but when emaling them they said any question regarding to processing of the application you have to contact London VO, shanghai VO is administrative support on this application ? what does administrative support on this application..

JV5005

Feb 4, 2021
No post since Monday...means no update for every one......do anyone knows when these guys will start working on spouse visa?

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
We had DM on Oct 20, 2020, and PPR request on Oct 21,2020. My wife had already planned to come here to visit before they sent PPR so we sent her passport copy (from visa exempt country) and photos from within Canada since she planned to be here for more than the 90 days required on the PPR letter. We have not heard one thing since they received our prepaid envelop and documents on Oct 29, 2020, it is now 4 months later 2 months left before she has to leave.... anyone else get PPR then hear nothing after?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
if the file got transfer to shanghai VO according to IRCC call centre, but when emaling them they said any question regarding to processing of the application you have to contact London VO, shanghai VO is administrative support on this application ? what does administrative support on this application..
it means they can give you the runaround now.......like dont ask us-ask them, ask them-dont ask us, type thing.....very devious ircc plan to stall

Reactions: Ivory16

Awquin

May 28, 2020
We had DM on Oct 20, 2020, and PPR request on Oct 21,2020. My wife had already planned to come here to visit before they sent PPR so we sent her passport copy (from visa exempt country) and photos from within Canada since she planned to be here for more than the 90 days required on the PPR letter. We have not heard one thing since they received our prepaid envelop and documents on Oct 29, 2020, it is now 4 months later 2 months left before she has to leave.... anyone else get PPR then hear nothing after?
On month two after confirmation of receipt of PPR.