+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. I had never used this before.

So here is what it says:

Under application status it just says "Application Received"
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 16, 2020.
  2. We sent you a letter on February 13, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 14, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
I'm seeing the exact same thing. My application was received on 20th January 2020

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Thank you. I had never used this before.

So here is what it says:

Under application status it just says "Application Received"
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 16, 2020.
  2. We sent you a letter on February 13, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 14, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
I applied early feb and I have the same status as yours on my ECAS. Did you get an update yet on the ECAS?

optimus_prime

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi guys,

Help!! Here is my Spousal sponsorship timeline:
Sponsor - In Canada ; Spouse: Outside Canada

Applied: January 10, 2020
App received by IRCC: January 16, 2020
Biometric done - February 15, 2020
Medical done - February 21, 2020
Application moved to New Delhi processing center - March 02, 2020
Estimated time provided for completion - Jan 16, 2021
% completed - 83% so far.

Is it only my application or are there other people who applied sometime in Jan, Feb or March 2020 facing a similar issue? Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on with my application.

Also, I heard that IRCC is expediting visitor visa process for immediate family members? Anyone else gone through the visitore visa process for their spouses while the sponsorship process is ongoing?
Hi there,

We have very similar timeline. Jan 22 applicant. Sponsor in canada, PA in nepal. Application forwarded to Delhi on march 3rd. No updates since then except a couple of ghose updates. My ecas shows application received. Thats it. Getting desperate for some meaningful updates.

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
I just received a request letter on gckey, im assuming its the passport request letter, but when I try to select it or download it, I get redirected to an error page and unable to see the letter. Anyone know who I should call to make CIC aware of this issue?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just received a request letter on gckey, im assuming its the passport request letter, but when I try to select it or download it, I get redirected to an error page and unable to see the letter. Anyone know who I should call to make CIC aware of this issue?
This may be obvious, but try quitting the browser and restarting or trying a different browser (sometimes there are odd session or cache issues). I don't know if it'll work but it'll definitely take you less time than calling to try it.

Reactions: MalekM

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
This may be obvious, but try quitting the browser and restarting or trying a different browser (sometimes there are odd session or cache issues). I don't know if it'll work but it'll definitely take you less time than calling to try it.
I was able to download letter by logging into Mozilla browser. Thank you for the assistance

Reactions: armoured

Frustrated_Trudeau

Nov 14, 2020
Hi there,

We have very similar timeline. Jan 22 applicant. Sponsor in canada, PA in nepal. Application forwarded to Delhi on march 3rd. No updates since then except a couple of ghose updates. My ecas shows application received. Thats it. Getting desperate for some meaningful updates.
Great to see another fellow Nepalese here. What does your status say on the online portal? Mine says application received although it has already been more than 9 months.

Reactions: saimurali88

Frustrated_Trudeau

Nov 14, 2020
Same. I did get some email saying my app was moved to Slow Delhi office sometime in March/Apr (dont remember exact date) and an update saying my backgrond check had started but other than that nothing yet. Someone shared in one of the previous posts that people who applied in Jan were starting to get some kind of approval.

I have noticed looking at other forums here that Slow Delhi takes forever to process compared to other offices.

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Same. I did get some email saying my app was moved to Slow Delhi office sometime in March/Apr (dont remember exact date) and an update saying my backgrond check had started but other than that nothing yet. Someone shared in one of the previous posts that people who applied in Jan were starting to get some kind of approval.

I have noticed looking at other forums here that Slow Delhi takes forever to process compared to other offices.
That’s true. New Delhi is slow only next to London.

Reactions: singleman