Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
  • Angry
Reactions: Phalos

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
please help
I received the transfer email from the Canadian application office with only the name of my child, and my name did not appear in it. Is this normal and the number also includes me or my child only

r10

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hello, I have a question regarding Biometrics. Around a month ago my spouse's biometric in the application updated to completed ( he had done biometrics 1-2 years ago for PR), does this mean he no longer needs to take biometric, even though the VFS services are starting up again next week?

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hello, I have a question regarding Biometrics. Around a month ago my spouse's biometric in the application updated to completed ( he had done biometrics 1-2 years ago for PR), does this mean he no longer needs to take biometric, even though the VFS services are starting up again next week?
True, if you read the IRCC official website they mention that any biometrics done during the past 10 years will be accepted. So no need to do it again

Reactions: r10

Ivory16

Feb 26, 2020
Thank you!! But does this apply even if the biometric was done for a student visa application?
I gave biometrics for business visa in 2018. They asked me to do it again for sponsorship. So, there's a possibility they won't accept biometrics done for a student visa. I'advise you to check this info on Canada.ca or call IRCC.

Ivory16

Feb 26, 2020
ok thanks ill give them a call. It just says completed on my GCkey account so I was a bit confused.
my aacount says they haven't received my biometrics. so we had to call to IRCC to check what's wrong. they confirmed they have my bio. it was in March. Nothing changed on my account though, still says, they don't have my bio. So, yes, better to call and make sure all good. That would be sweet if you really don't need to give biometrics again!

r10

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
my aacount says they haven't received my biometrics. so we had to call to IRCC to check what's wrong. they confirmed they have my bio. it was in March. Nothing changed on my account though, still says, they don't have my bio. So, yes, better to call and make sure all good. That would be sweet if you really don't need to give biometrics again!
ok thank you for letting me know! ill give them a call!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I gave biometrics for business visa in 2018. They asked me to do it again for sponsorship. So, there's a possibility they won't accept biometrics done for a student visa. I'advise you to check this info on Canada.ca or call IRCC.
Looking at the date you gave the bio for your PR app, that was before they decided if you gave it within the last 10 years you no longer had to for the PR app.

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
True, if you read the IRCC official website they mention that any biometrics done during the past 10 years will be accepted. So no need to do it again
No, this 10years thing is for temporary resident visa only, but if your applying for spousal application you need to do biometrics again. This was also in ircc official website.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, this 10years thing is for temporary resident visa only, but if your applying for spousal application you need to do biometrics again. This was also in ircc official website.
Also on IRCC website is that they have temporarily decided to accept biometrics previously given in the last ten years. For permanent resident visas.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html

So to confirm: those who have given biometrics in the last ten years for TRV or other should NOT have to give again for permanent residency applications. At least right now - this is a temporary measure to help speed things up, and likely will change in future.

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Please I want help. I have sent my passports and my child to Istanbul application office. They sent me an email with the track ID number, but it came in the name of my child. It did not come with my name. Is this normal?

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
Received a “Decision Made” in ECAS last week but have not received PPR email and there are no changes in GCKey (still says they are working). Is this normal and should I expect an email soon or is it a ghost update? We haven’t received any changes since March and so hoping this is real. Mississauga office btw.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Received a “Decision Made” in ECAS last week but have not received PPR email and there are no changes in GCKey (still says they are working). Is this normal and should I expect an email soon or is it a ghost update? We haven’t received any changes since March and so hoping this is real. Mississauga office btw.
Congratulations ! May i ask which country is the PA from?

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Congratulations! Did your ECAS changed from "App Received" to "In Progress" before you got the decision made?