23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
From IRCC:
These program delivery instructions inform IRCC and Canada Border Services Agency staff on the procedures that are affected by the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) for new and existing

• temporary residence, permanent residence and citizenship applications in Canada and abroad
These instructions will be updated as the situation evolves.”

I guess no action until mid April....
I don't think so if they are still processing New applications as :

New, complete permanent residence applications under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be processed as per normal procedures.

Unless we get a new update from the 15th

I do know they haven't really touched anything since Friday though. Transitioning from all of the madness. Give it time. Have faith ;)

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
What country did your wife apply under? Its whatever is on the application as her main place of residence.
Philippines. Entered in spreadsheet now. Going to suggest changing the column heading slight to reflect what goes in the column.

Reactions: DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Philippines. Entered in spreadsheet now. Going to suggest changing the column heading slight to reflect what goes in the column.
Your the first person to ask for clarification there. What heading do you suggest?

It basically reads... The country the PA is applying from. Principal Applicants 'PA' Country

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Your the first person to ask for clarification there. What heading do you suggest?

It basically reads... The country the PA is applying from. Principal Applicants 'PA' Country
Yeah, that's the column. Just that when you do the spousal sponsorship application it asks she the PA lives etc. Guess that's where I found it a bit confusing in relation the spreadsheet.

Sushi82

Dec 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, CAN
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Request
04-03-2020
Med's Done....
19-05-2020
Anyone ever have a job change for the PA and had to report it to the IRCC during a processing application? How did you do it? Does it really matter if they have a job or are unemployed at the moment? (as long as IRCC is notified of course). He is an American Citizen by the way.

This isn't virus-related by the way. This is a long slew of problems we've had with this one employer.

Literally, they are never paying him the right amount of money and due to the virus, looking for a job right now may not be all that favorable, but this time they have really f**ked us and have kept an entire pay because of some loophole (I'm not getting into it, all you need to know is he is owed 150 hours worth of work prior to that, and this whole paycheck of another 80 hours)

I guess my worry is that something will go wrong with immigration because he quits or something. At this point, I don't even care about an unemployment claim, we are just frustrated that he is still working for a company that's doing this to him. Why even bother going at this point if he's not getting paid? Especially now where they've done NOTHING to make sure he is safe on the job for this pandemic.

We would literally take the hit and just have him quit and see if he can find another job IF it wouldn't affect his application. But this has gone too far... I can't afford to make more work for myself so... does he just stay and put up with it for the time being until he comes here? My #1 priority is not making things look in a negative light for his application. I need advice.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Anyone ever have a job change for the PA and had to report it to the IRCC during a processing application? How did you do it? Does it really matter if they have a job or are unemployed at the moment? (as long as IRCC is notified of course). He is an American Citizen by the way.

This isn't virus-related by the way. This is a long slew of problems we've had with this one employer.

Literally, they are never paying him the right amount of money and due to the virus, looking for a job right now may not be all that favorable, but this time they have really f**ked us and have kept an entire pay because of some loophole (I'm not getting into it, all you need to know is he is owed 150 hours worth of work prior to that, and this whole paycheck of another 80 hours)

I guess my worry is that something will go wrong with immigration because he quits or something. At this point, I don't even care about an unemployment claim, we are just frustrated that he is still working for a company that's doing this to him. Why even bother going at this point if he's not getting paid? Especially now where they've done NOTHING to make sure he is safe on the job for this pandemic.

We would literally take the hit and just have him quit and see if he can find another job IF it wouldn't affect his application. But this has gone too far... I can't afford to make more work for myself so... does he just stay and put up with it for the time being until he comes here? My #1 priority is not making things look in a negative light for his application. I need advice.
Job changes won't affect your application. You can let them know if you want. But it's not a requirement of the application. So nothing to worry about. I've done a Inland App before with job changes and i don't remember updating them. They say to update address and contact info regularly. Once the sponsor is approved it's on to the PA.

Reactions: Sushi82

LSK

Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone. Are they still processing our applications amid covid19 pandemic or is it paused indefinitely?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello everyone. Are they still processing our applications amid covid19 pandemic or is it paused indefinitely?
This question keeps being asked...They haven't updated the site since March 15th. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html (Bookmark this page and keep checking for your updates in regards)

As you can see that day by day things are getting worse in regards to restrictions. Therefore you can get an answer now and then Boom...Everything's closed tomorrow. We need to focus on our safety at the moment and act like we don't even have an application submitted at this point. Immigration is at the bottom of this totem pole for the government at this moment and I think we need to face that.

Reactions: CDNsoldier and LSK

tsegereda

Feb 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
This question keeps being asked...They haven't updated the site since March 15th. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html (Bookmark this page and keep checking for your updates in regards)

As you can see that day by day things are getting worse in regards to restrictions. Therefore you can get an answer now and then Boom...Everything's closed tomorrow. We need to focus on our safety at the moment and act like we don't even have an application submitted at this point. Immigration is at the bottom of this totem pole for the government at this moment and I think we need to face that.
I agree, though heart breaking for those of us separated from our loved ones... I'm so worried about my spouse and when we will be able to see eachother again :( Sending big virtual hugs to others in this situation, and also to those separated from other family members.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have been monitoring progress of my application on GC key and I have noticed that it shows only 1% progress every few days. Is this normal?
I received AOR1 on February 29, 2019 but still waiting for SA, biometrics request and medical request.

Thanks.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I have been monitoring progress of my application on GC key and I have noticed that it shows only 1% progress every few days. Is this normal?
I received AOR1 on February 29, 2019 but still waiting for SA, biometrics request and medical request.

Thanks.
The percentage progress in gckey is jus the number of days ur file is submitted till the processing day. Not a big deal.

LSK

Sep 14, 2019

You are right. Still it's just too long a wait already

Haideen

Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Request
26-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-03-2020
Hi everyone,

We got a letter requesting payment of right of permanent residence fee (since we didn't pay it upfront) on March 12th. Under normal (non-Covid-19) circumstances would that have meant we were near the end?

Also , does NOT paying the RPRF upfront cause delays?