+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you apply for permanent residence, than yes, you have to provide your biometrics. However, if you have given your biometrics for visitors visa, you don't have to. Tricky I guess?
I tried under both previous PR application and under visitor's visa. In both cases, the answer was you must give new biometrics. (The text I quoted was from the visitor's visa version).

So the answer seems unambiguous - you must give biometrics, period.

And in this respect at least, the government resources are giving clear, simple, and correct answers.

Reactions: Eveslm

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
I tried under both previous PR application and under visitor's visa. In both cases, the answer was you must give new biometrics. (The text I quoted was from the visitor's visa version).

And in this respect at least, the government resources are giving clear, simple, and correct answers.
I beg to defer:

The Answer should be "if you "APPLYING" for PR application, that would be a right information.

Also, in that scenario you would not need to put question like "for which type of application have you given your biometrics in the past"

As 1) PR holder's don't qualify for visitors so question for biometrics are out of questions
2) All PR applicant's have to apply for biometrics between 14 to 79
3) Existing PR applicant who have given their biometrics in previous PR application don't have to give biometrics.

I'm sure, there would be lot less question about biometrics if it would have been that simple. It's just my guess.

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020

The three lines would have been sufficient as I stated. May be I'm reading too much into it just like many.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I beg to defer:

The Answer should be "if you "APPLYING" for PR application, that would be a right information.

Also, in that scenario you would not need to put question like "for which type of application have you given your biometrics in the past"

As 1) PR holder's don't qualify for visitors so question for biometrics are out of questions
2) All PR applicant's have to apply for biometrics between 14 to 79
3) Existing PR applicant who have given their biometrics in previous PR application don't have to give biometrics.

I'm sure, there would be lot less question about biometrics if it would have been that simple. It's just my guess.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but it seems obvious to me; at any rate, no sense in disputing further. The answer remains the same: unless under 14 or over 79, you have to give biometrics when applying for PR.

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
I have no idea what you're talking about, but it seems obvious to me; at any rate, no sense in disputing further. The answer remains the same: unless under 14 or over 79, you have to give biometrics when applying for PR.[/QUOT
I think this is the right answer. :)

Well, that's one too many as far as my background as application designer goes. A clear scope of improvement right there.

Regardless, I'll let them know. Thanks for your response. Learnt new thing.

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
I have no idea what you're talking about, but it seems obvious to me; at any rate, no sense in disputing further. The answer remains the same: unless under 14 or over 79, you have to give biometrics when applying for PR.
That's my point. One line would have be sufficient. Without the questions.

Anyways, since you didn't understood what I meant, no point explaining further. Thanks for your response though. Learnt a lot

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi, I need help regarding IMM5475. As per document checklist Part A #12 "Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475) Use this form if you want to authorize IRCC to give your personal information to someone who will not act as your representative"
is this form mandatory to submit along with spousal application.

I have checked NO for this question on document checklist and haven't provided this form.

On Jan 02, 2020 my application has been received by CIC Sydney NS and till date have not even received AOR.
Is it possible that I have checked NO for this question and not submitted this form, it is holding up my file.

Now i am concerned and worried.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

maggarwa

Jan 15, 2020
Hi, I need help regarding IMM5475. As per document checklist Part A #12 "Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475) Use this form if you want to authorize IRCC to give your personal information to someone who will not act as your representative"
is this form mandatory to submit along with spousal application.

I have checked NO for this question on document checklist and haven't provided this form.

On Jan 02, 2020 my application has been received by CIC Sydney NS and till date have not even received AOR.
Is it possible that I have checked NO for this question and not submitted this form, it is holding up my file.

Now i am concerned and worried.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
That shouldn’t be a reason for the hold up. For any documents that are not applicable to your situation are not required to be submitted.

Hopefully you will get the AOR soon. Good luck!

Reactions: Eveslm

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
That shouldn’t be a reason for the hold up. For any documents that are not applicable to your situation are not required to be submitted.

Hopefully you will get the AOR soon. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply and wishing good luck.
i am really confused about this IMM 5475 as its says "Use this form if you want to authorize IRCC to give your personal information to someone who will not act as your representative" I am sponsoring my spouse and have no representative and I am not acting my spouse's representative.
So now not sure should i submit this form.

Already 1 month has been passed and till date not even received AOR whereas most people who has submitted application after me have already received AOR's, bio metric, medicals....

Really frustrated and worried.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi there, thank for the repsonse.

This is where we verified if we have to give Biometrics..

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

It clearly states that if you have applied for visitors visa and biometrics still valid, you don't have to give one. I'm amused, can CIC website have incorrect information that leads to delay in procedure?
This link actually clear states
If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid.

Unless she is a US citizen she needs to give biometrics.

Reactions: armoured

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
Mine was returned too. I was supposed to be a dec applicant but they said we don't have a receipt. We are 100% sure it was there. , back to day 1 of waiting again
when an application is returned, do you get an email before the file arrives? Or you only get to know when the file arrives back to the adrress from which it was sent.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
when an application is returned, do you get an email before the file arrives? Or you only get to know when the file arrives back to the adrress from which it was sent.
No email, unfortunately just returned via regular post to the address indicated on your app.