+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

fruze

Jan 28, 2020
There are definitely a lot of factors that can affect the timeline. We were part of the June 2019 Outland group and got AOR1 at beginning of August. He got his COPR in Sept and landed in early Oct. I’d have to look at our tracker again for exact times. My husband is from New Zealand and we had a very straightforward application that went to Mississauga. Our application was less than 150 pages. No dependents, no criminal records, clean travel histories, amoung many other things that made for quick processing. Lots of quality over quantity. I wouldn’t consider us the norm. We were just very fortunate to have a simple application so my best advice is not to let it get you down when you see those fast processing times and yours might be taking longer. Every case is unique and different, so always keep your spirits up! Wishing all of you a speedy process and that you’ll be with your loved ones soon!
Thank you! Yeah, it’s tough being apart for so long. I’m really glad i found this forum! :)
My application is pretty straightforward except that my husband lives in Quebec province. So waiting for the CSQ would be a challenge. Everything will work out, eventually!

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Thank you! Yeah, it’s tough being apart for so long. I’m really glad i found this forum! :)
My application is pretty straightforward except that my husband lives in Quebec province. So waiting for the CSQ would be a challenge. Everything will work out, eventually!
It will! This forum is amazing so I’m glad you found it. It was a major help for my husband and I, and I know I really appreciated all the excellent advice we received. I’m always happy to return the favour and give advice where I can!

Reactions: fruze

Rwtnb

Sep 8, 2019
Canadain sponsoring American spouse here!
Our application was mailed Jan 05, and we got an email on Jan 29 confirming that it had been received on Jan 10. Hoping for a smooth and speedy processing!
Not quite sure what an AOR is?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Canadain sponsoring American spouse here!
Our application was mailed Jan 05, and we got an email on Jan 29 confirming that it had been received on Jan 10. Hoping for a smooth and speedy processing!
Not quite sure what an AOR is?
What you just explained is AOR....Jan 10th. Acknowledgment Of Receipt.

Reactions: Rwtnb

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hi everyone,

Sponsor : Canadian Citizen
Principle Applicant : Bangladeshi

Our application was delivered on January 27th 2020. Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Waiting for AOR

Good luck to everyone

Reactions: Sushi82

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hi everyone, I’m hoping to post my application next week. For the parts we need to write N/A does it matter if I leave it blank? Some forms with the validating feature reject it.
Is it alright to print and hand write it?

Also how do you arrange you entire package before mailing?
It is very important you write N/A or Not Applicable if required, It confirms that you have read through all the guidelines and answered them carefully,

You arrange it according to the document checklist, but make sure to have your bar-code pages just below your checklist then all other forms as follows.

Regards

Last edited:

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
My application was sent back because I did not include a form I was sure I read that I didn't need because of our circumstances, it was the IMM 5604
Additional Family Information'. I'm not gonna go into detail as to why I thought we didn't need this in our circumstance but anyone who is worried about it can feel free to message me and we can talk in PMs.

Anyways, because it is a document that has to be signed, I now have to wait for it to be sent to me after he signs it. Fun.

I'll be updating the doc once I resend the entire package.

Hello,

Could you kindly please tell me what was wrong with your IMM5406 that they have sent back the application?

Regards

MalekM

Jan 31, 2020
Hey everyone,

New member here sponsoring my wife from Algeria. Application arrived at Sydney,NS on Jan 16 and I have received the AOR today, Jan 31st. I tried to link my application online through the CIC website and exceeded the limit of 5 attempts for the day. Anyone else have/had issues linking their accounts and if they were able to fix it?

Kind Regards

tamim.pcp

Jan 31, 2020
Hello, I was told that some people are not asked for Bio-metrics, I was wondering if that is how it used to be and if the process has changed lately and everyone has to get it done.

maggarwa

Jan 15, 2020
Hey everyone,

New member here sponsoring my wife from Algeria. Application arrived at Sydney,NS on Jan 16 and I have received the AOR today, Jan 31st. I tried to link my application online through the CIC website and exceeded the limit of 5 attempts for the day. Anyone else have/had issues linking their accounts and if they were able to fix it?

Kind Regards
For the question where it asks number of family members (including principal applicant) in the application - Try entering 2 instead of 1.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello, I was told that some people are not asked for Bio-metrics, I was wondering if that is how it used to be and if the process has changed lately and everyone has to get it done.
As for my understanding, if you have done biometrics for TRV applications you still are required to do biometrics for PR. Otherwise I think US nationals don't need to give biometrics

Last edited:
Reactions: tamim.pcp

harmeet25

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Hey everyone,

Kind Regards
Same here
File Received on: 16th Jan
AOR: 31st Jan
But unable to link file to my account

tamim.pcp

Jan 31, 2020
Same here
File Received on: 16th Jan
AOR: 31st Jan
But unable to link file to my account
I had the same issue, I ended up creating an account under my wife's email, made sure to use the correct spelling of her name and since i had capitalized her name in the application I registered her name in the account as capital letters too, I used the application number option, did not use the UCI number since its different for me and her. hopefully this tip helps

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
Hi there,

First time user. I must say, I have become a great admirer of this forum knowing ocean of information and knowledge available here.

Canadian PR applied for his wife and daughter. AOR1 31st January 2020.

Question: My wife already has a visitor's visa and she had her bio-metric on Feb-2019. Even on GIC portal, it shows her bio-metric details after linking her application with my account (I found that link here too Thank you for that). I believe system picked it up automatically since UCI remains the same for any applicant for TRV And PR.

So, we were under the impression that we have to give Bio-metric only once in 10 years, so we didn't pay for Bio-metric. However, I got a request to pay the fees for Bio-metric. Am I missing something here? May be system picked it up but file processor missed it?

The other possible scenario I could think of is, Since I didn't mention about her existing Bio-metric on my cover-letter and they presume that we would need one and forgot to pay the fees in our application?

Or i'ts mandatory to do bio-metrics again after applying for PR regardless if you have done it before or not?

Looking forward to your responses.

Reactions: Tya