+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi there,

First time user. I must say, I have become a great admirer of this forum knowing ocean of information and knowledge available here.

Canadian PR applied for his wife and daughter. AOR1 31st January 2020.

Question: My wife already has a visitor's visa and she had her bio-metric on Feb-2019. Even on GIC portal, it shows her bio-metric details after linking her application with my account (I found that link here too Thank you for that). I believe system picked it up automatically since UCI remains the same for any applicant for TRV And PR.

So, we were under the impression that we have to give Bio-metric only once in 10 years, so we didn't pay for Bio-metric. However, I got a request to pay the fees for Bio-metric. Am I missing something here? May be system picked it up but file processor missed it?

The other possible scenario I could think of is, Since I didn't mention about her existing Bio-metric on my cover-letter and they presume that we would need one and forgot to pay the fees in our application?

Or i'ts mandatory to do bio-metrics again after applying for PR regardless if you have done it before or not?

Looking forward to your responses.
You need to do another Biometric for PR. I had same situation and I was told to submit another. tRV and PR biometric are different.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Or i'ts mandatory to do bio-metrics again after applying for PR regardless if you have done it before or not?
It is mandatory to do again under PR regardless. Our application also showed the previous biometrics in the system and falsely showed 'we do not need' and we still got the biometric request and had to re-do.

So you will need to pay the fee and do again.

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi there,

First time user. I must say, I have become a great admirer of this forum knowing ocean of information and knowledge available here.

Question: My wife already has a visitor's visa and she had her bio-metric on Feb-2019. Even on GIC portal, it shows her bio-metric details after linking her application with my account (I found that link here too Thank you for that). I believe system picked it up automatically since UCI remains the same for any applicant for TRV And PR.

So, we were under the impression that we have to give Bio-metric only once in 10 years, so we didn't pay for Bio-metric. However, I got a request to pay the fees for Bio-metric. Am I missing something here? May be system picked it up but file processor missed it?

The other possible scenario I could think of is, Since I didn't mention about her existing Bio-metric on my cover-letter and they presume that we would need one and forgot to pay the fees in our application?

Hi, so from my knowledge it is mandatory. A lawyer is doing my app. And he recommends me paying fee as on the biometric letter it states that it is different from that of the pr app.My spouse did his only two months ago for a trv.

AliAnj

Jan 30, 2020
Hi! I have a question please. If you received AOR, that means they wont return your application anymore? Or is there any possibilities that after AOR they will return it? Thanks.

By the way new member here. I am sponsoring my husband and we sent out application last January 25th and received in Sydney, NS on January 30th.

I am just a little worried about our application being returned because it’s just a DIY application and it’s my first time to process a paper on my own. Thank you to this forum.

Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: fruze and DiiDii

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi there,

Yes she is still required to give biometrics if she is applying for PR. The cic website does state that biometrics for TRV is different from PR and one has to give biometrics when applying for PR even though they did so for TRV

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi! I have a question please. If you received AOR, that means they wont return your application anymore? Or is there any possibilities that after AOR they will return it? Thanks.

By the way new member here. I am sponsoring my husband and we sent out application last January 25th and received in Sydney, NS on January 30th.

I am just a little worried about our application being returned because it’s just a DIY application and it’s my first time to process a paper on my own. Thank you to this forum.

Goodluck everyone!
I've seen a couple get sent back after AOR but not a lot... Usually before.

Join the spreadsheet even though the formulas haven't been fixed yet it helps to keep track with everyone else

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
You need to do another Biometric for PR. I had same situation and I was told to submit another. tRV and PR biometric are different.
Thanks for the response. Did it delayed your procedure by any chance?

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
Yes she is still required to give biometrics if she is applying for PR. The cic website does state that biometrics for TRV is different from PR and one has to give biometrics when applying for PR even though they did so for TRV
Hi there, thank for the repsonse.

This is where we verified if we have to give Biometrics..

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

It clearly states that if you have applied for visitors visa and biometrics still valid, you don't have to give one. I'm amused, can CIC website have incorrect information that leads to delay in procedure?

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
Hi, so from my knowledge it is mandatory. A lawyer is doing my app. And he recommends me paying fee as on the biometric letter it states that it is different from that of the pr app.My spouse did his only two months ago for a trv.
I'm ok with paying extra fee. But would that delay the procedure?

Also, I specifically referred to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp.

And they seem to tell you that you don't have to as long as it's valid. I'm not sure whom to believe now lol...

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
It is mandatory to do again under PR regardless. Our application also showed the previous biometrics in the system and falsely showed 'we do not need' and we still got the biometric request and had to re-do.

So you will need to pay the fee and do again.
Yeah, I'm getting that vibe already. I'm just worried that this could delay the procedure. I'm right on the edge of sward as far as my wife's patience goes lol.

But it's that something we should flag to CIC? I mean we refer to information that they provide over the website. And I specifically referred to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

And it seem like, they have incorrect information out there. I'm going to call CIC and let them know I guess. Coz seem like this misleading have created confusion in lots of mind.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there, thank for the repsonse.

This is where we verified if we have to give Biometrics..

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

It clearly states that if you have applied for visitors visa and biometrics still valid, you don't have to give one. I'm amused, can CIC website have incorrect information that leads to delay in procedure?
I tried this at the link you provided and got the following: "
Answer: It depends what you apply for and if you’re between 14 and 79 years old.

If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid."

So it seems to me you must be doing something wrong.

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020
Answer: It depends what you apply for and if you’re between 14 and 79 years old.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid."

Possibly me. I hope so lol

May be it's not that clear. This is what my interpretation says.

It says, For which type of application did you give your biometrics in the past?

If you apply for permanent residence, than yes, you have to provide your biometrics. However, if you have given your biometrics for visitors visa, you don't have to. Tricky I guess?

HPJ

Feb 1, 2020

Anyways, I have to do it. I hope that doesn't knock days off my process time. Fingers crossed.