+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
All,

I'm still waiting to receive AOR, but looks like I was able to check my application on ecas and link the application on CIC.

Application received on Jan 2[/QUOT
I checked it using my receipt number.

Anyway, just got the AOR email....so maybe just a few hours lag
Congrats for AOR, mine application package was received by CIC on 2nd Jan, expecting AOR soon :)

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
So, I can expect CIC to take 20 days to give me AOR after the receipt of application and if everything is in place. Thank you :)
Did you join the tracker? If you look back at Dec 2019 they have been getting AOR between 18 and 23 days on average... Some outside but few.

Tracker helps a lot once everyone starts filling it up

Reactions: saimurali88

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So, I can expect CIC to take 20 days to give me AOR after the receipt of application and if everything is in place. Thank you :)
A serious suggestion: do not orient your expectations just off the most recent months in the tracker. Note, especially, that 'maximum number of days' (to get AOR1 in this case) is calculated ONLY off of those applicants that have already received the AOR - that is, it excludes from this calculation all those applicants who are still waiting.

And therefore, it excludes all the applicants that are taking longer. Mathematically it's nonsense. (Note I just compared numbers for AOR1 for December from the 15th of January and those there now, and it changed a lot in just a week or so).

I hope everyone gets their files processed faster than average, but it's not very likely, and expecting faster just means a lot of people will end up disappointed. This will become particularly acute after the biometrics and meds, which can be the longest waiting period without any news. (Where I am now, sad face emoji)

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
Would it be possible to add the link to the 2020 tracker in the original post. Had to dig down a few posts in the thread to find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiiDii

argybargy

May 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I mailed my application package yesterday to Sydney, NS by using the Canada post express service. I was told that the mail is delivered nationally within 2 business days with the express service. Given, what I found on the mail tracker, it looks like it will reach by start of next week (i.e. around 4 or more days).

Did you have a similar experience? How many days did it take for your application package to get delivered to CPC Sydney, NS when sent from within Canada?

Thanks and all the best with your applications!
I sent mine via FedEx from Ontario the same day (16th). However, the big snowstorm that hit the maritimes (especially Newfoundland) meant nothing got delivered on the 17th. I would expect a similar delay from Canada post.

argybargy

May 2, 2016
Question for those "in the know"... here in Windsor (border crossing), some of the agents think that you're "in the system" only once AOR is received... others say that you're "in" before the AOR. Inquiries to the agents at IRCC have proved fruitless, nobody seems to know the process.

They say the "processing starts when it hits their mailroom", so I would think that they have an idea of when things arrived... anybody out there knowledgable?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Question for those "in the know"... here in Windsor (border crossing), some of the agents think that you're "in the system" only once AOR is received... others say that you're "in" before the AOR. Inquiries to the agents at IRCC have proved fruitless, nobody seems to know the process.

They say the "processing starts when it hits their mailroom", so I would think that they have an idea of when things arrived... anybody out there knowledgeable?
Your Timeline starts when it hits the Mailroom....AOR is when they have Officially started Processing Your Application. It all depends on how you want to look at it. Because they can Have the application in the mailroom up to 2 months or more without notification.

mrsnervous

Jan 13, 2020
Hello everyone, quick question if I applied for Outland Sponsorship and go to Canada to visit the husband and get the biometrics letter request while in Canada, is it possible to do it in Canda? I recently saw the following online so that's what brought up the question. Or does this only apply to if you applied Outland but staying within Canda?

As of December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
If you receive a biometrics instruction letter, you can give your biometrics at a designated Service Canada location. This applies even if your application is being processed overseas.

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
hello
so what happens ater someone recieves AOR so what to expect . how does the process works

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Did you join the tracker? If you look back at Dec 2019 they have been getting AOR between 18 and 23 days on average... Some outside but few.

Tracker helps a lot once everyone starts filling it up
I haven't joined the tracker. Will do it now. Thank you

Reactions: DiiDii

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
A serious suggestion: do not orient your expectations just off the most recent months in the tracker. Note, especially, that 'maximum number of days' (to get AOR1 in this case) is calculated ONLY off of those applicants that have already received the AOR - that is, it excludes from this calculation all those applicants who are still waiting.

And therefore, it excludes all the applicants that are taking longer. Mathematically it's nonsense. (Note I just compared numbers for AOR1 for December from the 15th of January and those there now, and it changed a lot in just a week or so).

I hope everyone gets their files processed faster than average, but it's not very likely, and expecting faster just means a lot of people will end up disappointed. This will become particularly acute after the biometrics and meds, which can be the longest waiting period without any news. (Where I am now, sad face emoji)
My husband's application has been sitting there since late November. I agree with you...we just have to try to be patient and wait. Easier said than done.

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi, Today afternoon, I checked and linked my wife's application successfully. It states 4% complete (Application received).
It also states background check in progress. I have not yet received any mail related to AOR.