Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello to all,

First, allow me to congratulate you all on submitting your application.

I am a PR of Canada and my recently married wife currently resides in the USA (she is an Indian citizen). I am just starting out filling for her PR (we are hoping to get the PR process done by end of the year, so she can move in with me in 2021). However, I am totally lost with this whole sponsorship process. I did my own PR process by myself, but it seems like this spousal sponsorship process is very different.

Therefore, my fellow PR applications, I am reaching out to you all.

Would anyone be able to become available for a quick phone call so he/she can provide some insights and some guidance on how you guys did yours? I know there is a guide available on the CIC website and I have thoroughly reviewed it. But talking to someone who has a good understanding of the entire process, the documents required, preparing the entire file, etc., would definitely be a great idea.

Anyway, please do let me know. I wouldn't mind calling him/her at all.

Till then, good luck to us all!!!
Start by reading the guide and going through the checklist. You can create a to-do list of your own there after (will help you in gathering required documents, including relationship proofs. Then you can ask on the forum if anything is unclear. It is always better to ask when you know a bit, will save you a lot of headaches.

Also try to go through the forum of past-months-outland applicants (aug-dec), it will give you an idea of what other have gone through including challenges and mistakes for e.g the most common mistake; not hand-signing schedule A = application returned as incomplete, or what other have done after they realized they forgot to send in important documents etc.

Last edited:

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone, quick question if I applied for Outland Sponsorship and go to Canada to visit the husband and get the biometrics letter request while in Canada, is it possible to do it in Canda? I recently saw the following online so that's what brought up the question. Or does this only apply to if you applied Outland but staying within Canda?

As of December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
If you receive a biometrics instruction letter, you can give your biometrics at a designated Service Canada location. This applies even if your application is being processed overseas.
Not very sure but I believe the biometrics letter you receive will have instructions of where to go and when. So you might need to request for an appointment in Canada. Best you find out before you live

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Not very sure but I believe the biometrics letter you receive will have instructions of where to go and when. So you might need to request for an appointment in Canada. Best you find out before you live
Hi I am in Tanzania too and I took my biometric on Friday, if you are in Tanzania I can help you out

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
You can go to any Visa office around you and make appointments for biometric. It’s a very easy process

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hello everyone, quick question if I applied for Outland Sponsorship and go to Canada to visit the husband and get the biometrics letter request while in Canada, is it possible to do it in Canda? I recently saw the following online so that's what brought up the question. Or does this only apply to if you applied Outland but staying within Canda?

As of December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
If you receive a biometrics instruction letter, you can give your biometrics at a designated Service Canada location. This applies even if your application is being processed overseas.
If you go to Canada with visitors visa, you may not need to give biometric again. Visitors Visa requires biometric also and biometric has 10 years of validity.

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hi guys,

I feel anxious about my DIY application. I've been reading over and over the guidelines and I hope I won't missed any important documents.Talking to someone who has knowledge about this process makes me feel relax.I hope you can help or advise me.

May I ask if there is a Filipino Citizen here that requested Dubai PCC thru online? Can I ask if Do you still have to Certify the PCC in UAE Embassy in Manila?

Since I need to provide my Original Birth Certificates and of my Family members too ( they are not coming to Canada with me). I just noticed that there are some Clerical Errors, for Example in my Birth Certificate my Mother's name spelled as EDITHA but in her own Certificate it is EDITA. My Father's middle name spelled CAPOTE in his own Birth Certificate however it is CAPUTE in my birth Certificate.

Do you think I should give a try to submit the Birth Certificates despite of those Clerical Errors and fixed it while papers are on process? or should I fix it first before submitting my applications.

thank you in advance :)
Fixing in the first place would be wise option.

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hello to all,

First, allow me to congratulate you all on submitting your application.

I am a PR of Canada and my recently married wife currently resides in the USA (she is an Indian citizen). I am just starting out filling for her PR (we are hoping to get the PR process done by end of the year, so she can move in with me in 2021). However, I am totally lost with this whole sponsorship process. I did my own PR process by myself, but it seems like this spousal sponsorship process is very different.

Therefore, my fellow PR applications, I am reaching out to you all.

Would anyone be able to become available for a quick phone call so he/she can provide some insights and some guidance on how you guys did yours? I know there is a guide available on the CIC website and I have thoroughly reviewed it. But talking to someone who has a good understanding of the entire process, the documents required, preparing the entire file, etc., would definitely be a great idea.

Anyway, please do let me know. I wouldn't mind calling him/her at all.

Till then, good luck to us all!!!
If you have any particular question, I would love to answer them.

malinga123

Jan 1, 2019
hello fellows I am sending my wife's file soon
DO I need to translate my whats up chat by certified translator as we had most of chat in Punjabi written in ENGLISH alphabet
thanks for your help

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
If you go to Canada with visitors visa, you may not need to give biometric again. Visitors Visa requires biometric also and biometric has 10 years of validity.
So I did biometric for visitor visa but they required me to do another one, they said visa biometric is different from PR biometric.

AFmusa

Dec 27, 2019
Application sent on 6th January 2020
Application received on 10th January 2020
AOR received today 26th January 2020

ekpege

Sep 15, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
I got my AOR 24th January,2020
Recieved on 8th January,2020
Delivered on 3rd January,2020

ekpege

Sep 15, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
So I have a question. We mailed out or application on Jan 9th, and it says it was out for delivery on Jan 13th. We mailed it via Xpresspost with signature confirmation, however it still says delivery pending. We sent it to the P.O Box address in NS. Has any one else had this happen, or did we send it to the wrong address?
Mine took 5 day same method as yours.

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visitor visa biometric is not valid for a permanent residency/family sponsorship application. Have to pay and give biometrics again, sucks but that's how it goes. If you're going to answer somebody's questions you better make sure you really know the answer otherwise you can have somebody make a costly mistake.

Reactions: DiiDii