+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
This is a repost, it was originally posted in another thread I’m following. The poster is smbr.

It should shed some sight on what has been a dark and quiet few weeks for us.

“Everyone -
Some latest news

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/04/canada-still-accepting-spousal-immigration-applications-despite-coronavirus-0414058.html#gs.379ad4

Cheers :)
Thank you so much..a sigh of relief! I just hope these applications are processed quickly as it is becoming difficult to stay away from our better half at this crucial time tbh. Good luck evryone.

aman22

Apr 8, 2020
Hi
I applied for my wife's PR. Currently she is in India but earlier she was in USA when I applied for her PR. I changed her address by raising a webform. We got medical and biometrics request on Feb 12 and 13 respectively. Profile shows that medical is pass and the file moved to NDVO. It has been over a month and no update after that. Anybody in the same boat?

Reactions: Shickaa

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hi
I applied for my wife's PR. Currently she is in India but earlier she was in USA when I applied for her PR. I changed her address by raising a webform. We got medical and biometrics request on Feb 12 and 13 respectively. Profile shows that medical is pass and the file moved to NDVO. It has been over a month and no update after that. Anybody in the same boat?
Yeah, 2 months have elapsed since i submitted my medical..no update yet.

Priyanka_N

Nov 20, 2019
Hi
Yes.. No update on our application too.. Process is very slow

veeditparikh2211

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hi All,

I am sponsoring my spouse for family class sponsorship. I have submitted application recently. Still waiting for AOR1 and sponsor approval.
I submitted my job letter at time of submitting the application. However, now due to Covid the business has temporarily closed and employer has laid off all workers so they may apply for employment insurance. They have given us Record of Employment and submitted it to Service Canada. I have two questions now:

1- Will it affect my application as a sponsor that I am no longer employed? Maybe the business opens again maybe not. Do I need to inform them about this change in employment status? If yes, how?

2- I do not qualify for employment insurance as I was a new joiner at work (and new to Canada too). If I apply for the emergency care benefit that will be announced in April for those who dont have jobs, will it count as social assistance and can it affect my application as a sponsor?
I applied in January for spousal but still no AOR nothing getting worried now

ManuM

Nov 22, 2019
Hello everyone, Since the lockdown started did anyone receive any update or communication regarding their Spousal Sponsorship Application? Is the processing kind of halted temporarily or it's just too slow these days?

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Hello everyone, Since the lockdown started did anyone receive any update or communication regarding their Spousal Sponsorship Application? Is the processing kind of halted temporarily or it's just too slow these days?
It’s not halted. It’s my understanding that applications are still being received at the Sydney office. Therefore, there are still people working, to what extent? No one here knows. IRCC’s official communications say PR processing will continue and to expect delays.