+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Stephy joseph

Jan 24, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ndvo
  • This is from my mp, eligibility has met and we got the pre arrival the same day but they haven’t initiated the security yet even after two months of pre arrival..!!!
    The responsible office has reviewed the application and documents submitted and has determined that the sponsored person (the applicant) has met the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on February 19, 2021 at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until March 03, 2022 for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • The documents requested of the applicant on January 27, 2021 have been received by the responsible office as of February 15, 2021.

Reactions: rohitsagwal

MBW

Apr 26, 2021
January 2020 Outland spousal application received contact from CPC-M and now received COPR so things are definitely moving in that office. Good luck to all!

Reactions: jckp and armoured

MBW

Apr 26, 2021
Plz share your timeline???
Jan 2020 - Outland spouse application
March 2020 - Medicals completed and passed
August 2020 - Spouse arrived in Canada as visitor
October 2020 - Passport request, info sent but directed back to us as spouse still in Canada
January 2021 - Visitor extension request filed
April 2020 - Background check passed
April 2020 - COPR received 3 days after background check passed.

Prabhgillz

Oct 29, 2020
October 2020 - Passport request, info sent but directed back to us as spouse still in Canada
Ok but then now it is inland case... They not working on outland files. We are waiting from 2020 January

Reactions: DiiDii

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hi can you tell me shat you mean by “October 2020 - Passport request, info sent but directed back to us as spouse still in Canada” my spouse will probably be traveling to canada on trv in the next few months sice her trv just got approved a few days back, while her pr app is still in progress and wanted to know what the consequences are of her being in canada when her outland pr app gets approved

MBW

Apr 26, 2021
Ok but then now it is inland case... They not working on outland files. We are waiting from 2020 January
The officer from CPC-M called me directly to confirm spouse was still in Canada and said they are working through the backlog. So, yes I do believe our choice to have spouse come to Canada as a visitor helped move the file along but it remained classified as an Outland application with further paperwork for visitor extension request.

MBW

Apr 26, 2021
Hi can you tell me shat you mean by “October 2020 - Passport request, info sent but directed back to us as spouse still in Canada” my spouse will probably be traveling to canada on trv in the next few months sice her trv just got approved a few days back, while her pr app is still in progress and wanted to know what the consequences are of her being in canada when her outland pr app gets approved
We got a request from spouse home country to send the passport for travel approval in October 2020 to an office in the home country. We notified them spouse was visiting in Canada, we were directed to update spouse file address to Canada and to send the passport/pics/Fedex prepaid return envelope to the Ottawa office. We then had Ottawa return it all back to us with a form letter saying wait for further direction, we heard nothing further until an officer called in April 2021. Six month visitor date reached in January 2021 so we applied online for a visitor extension ($100) and were advised spouse could legally remain in Canada pending the outcome of the visitor extension request which are seemingly also backlogged in processing. We received COPR April 2021 so have cancelled the visitor extension request with likely reimbursement of that $100 fee.

Reactions: yash91pathak

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
We got a request from spouse home country to send the passport for travel approval in October 2020 to an office in the home country. We notified them spouse was visiting in Canada, we were directed to update spouse file address to Canada and to send the passport/pics/Fedex prepaid return envelope to the Ottawa office. We then had Ottawa return it all back to us with a form letter saying wait for further direction, we heard nothing further until an officer called in April 2021. Six month visitor date reached in January 2021 so we applied online for a visitor extension ($100) and were advised spouse could legally remain in Canada pending the outcome of the visitor extension request which are seemingly also backlogged in processing. We received COPR April 2021 so have cancelled the visitor extension request with likely reimbursement of that $100 fee.
Ok great! .my plan (based on some research) is to just do a change of address for my spouse to Canadian address once she comes here.

MBW

Apr 26, 2021
Ok great! .my plan (based on some research) is to just do a change of address for my spouse to Canadian address once she comes here.
That is exactly what we found out we were to do - did it by IRCC web form and address change reflected within two weeks. Good luck to you!

Reactions: yash91pathak

Enb123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Awesome Thank you for confirmation! Congratulations to you
Is applicant from india? I’m jan 2020 applicant and i applied TRV on nov 2020 it was rejected 3 days agoo and I’m thinking to re apply TRV with strong points .. so can u let me know if ur applicant is from India