+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Prabhgillz

Oct 29, 2020
I contacted my MP’s office and they got back to me with this status update:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, on January 14, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 10, 2020.
  • The assessment for the applicant has not been initiated.
  • The medical examination results have expired.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application.
So basically they have not even started processing the applicant.
Same here..application was received on 27 jan 2020.. Medical done 19 feb 2020.. Now still wating no update.. Medical expired.. Application in Mississauga

Enb123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi can anyone tell me what is the exact procedure of prioritizing immediate family members as spouse come under immediate family members ... so did anyone send mail or webform to provide TRV .... kindly help if u know anything

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
MP UPDATE!!!!
(Received April 15 12:35pm)

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on January 30, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 19, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process.
  • The medical examination results have expired for the applicant.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
In regard to your spouse's sponsorship application, his eligibility assessment is now in process, and the security verifications should be initiated shortly. After finalizing all other reviews in the application, the responsible office will rework the medicals to see if the validity can be extended. They will contact your spouse in due course if the medical results cannot be extended and his's required to redo the medicals.

I hope this post will trigger good news on your papers. Keep safe guys!

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hello People,
I have a worry, please let me know you thoughts.
My application for outland spousal sponsorship is in process, I received a letter of pre-arrival services, and another medicals instruction since the first one expired.
I send a webform informing the Embassy that I have new passport and I attached a scanned copy. then I later send the same message with a scanned copy of my passport to the Embassy through email(Not webform). After the email was sent I noticed in the morning that I Included only my application number and I forgot to add my UCI. I immediately send them another email including my UCI.
My worry is sending them TWO EMAILS AND ONE WEBFORM about the same thing will appear as if I'm putting them pressure since as they are currently processing my application, and thus cause delays??

Please let know your thoughts
Many thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello People,
I have a worry, please let me know you thoughts.
My application for outland spousal sponsorship is in process, I received a letter of pre-arrival services, and another medicals instruction since the first one expired.
I send a webform informing the Embassy that I have new passport and I attached a scanned copy. then I later send the same message with a scanned copy of my passport to the Embassy through email(Not webform). After the email was sent I noticed in the morning that I Included only my application number and I forgot to add my UCI. I immediately send them another email including my UCI.
My worry is sending them TWO EMAILS AND ONE WEBFORM about the same thing will appear as if I'm putting them pressure since as they are currently processing my application, and thus cause delays??

Please let know your thoughts
Many thanks
Should be fine, they'll just assume you were a bit anxious. Not uncommon. And they know their own systems aren't perfect either.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
MP's Update:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on January 16, 2020.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on February 12, 2020.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario.
  • The medical examination results have expired for the applicant.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Does that mean eligibility is in progress? If so, why my ECAS still shows "application received"? Thoughts anyone...