+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hey IuKhan! IRCC account says no interview required.

Also this email appears unrelated to application process itself. Says this interview is for feedback on IRCC application processs and participation is voluntary and anonymous.. I suppose that means optional.
then no worries :) . On delay you may wish to conatct them via webform

Reactions: edgarodonell

edgarodonell

Mar 10, 2021
then no worries :) . On delay you may wish to conatct them via webform
I'm thinking I'll ask them in this interview itself about portal me email if I get to book.

I didn't send it myself but others found it hard to get a response via webform as well i.e after getting DM and waiting long for a portal email.

Reactions: iukhan

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
If anyone here is in the know or has had a similar experience please advise me. My work permit is about to expire next month. My application timeline says 14 weeks left to finalize my application (85%). I have already applied to extend my current WP, the application was sent in on August 31. I'm tracking it but it's still not showing up as being received. An IRCC agent searched and could not find it either. I've raised a web form but no response yet.
My AOR is October 2020 and since then have not had any updates on my application.
Do you think there are any chances that IRCC will finalize my application before my WP expires? This is cutting it kind of close.

dhavalmungra

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Hi friends,

Has anyone of you applied for a Bridging Open Work Permit?

Link 1) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Link 2) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/after-apply-next-steps.html

Link 1 says that the applicant must be approved in principle (AIP) for permanent residence - applicant will need a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements whereas Link 2 says that the applicant will need the letter called “Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) – Application for permanent residence” to apply for a bridging open work permit.

After receiving an AOR, can we apply for a bridging open work permit? or do we have to wait for AIP?
Can any of you please let me know which of the above two web pages' information is correct?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
How many days it took to get PR card in mail, once IRCC informed it has been mailed. Kindly share details.

Last edited: