+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Ishansimran

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I applied for GCMS one month ago. How would i know that they are working on my request. DId someone please send the confirmation of this application
I received this in an email
After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.
When do they send it?

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
I applied for GCMS one month ago. How would i know that they are working on my request. DId someone please send the confirmation of this application
I received this in an email
After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.
When do they send it?
Same here, looking for an answer

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello people

I am confused as to how to extend my work permit. I have a closed work permit expiring in June as I got short time due to my passport expiry date. And my PR application is already in process, my confusion is will I have to renew my work permit support letter with SINP and get my employer to pay fees again and then reapply for another closed wp? Or do i qualify apply for BOWP. My employment is restricted, category SINP international student stream.

Please folks help me out here

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello people

I am confused as to how to extend my work permit. I have a closed work permit expiring in June as I got short time due to my passport expiry date. And my PR application is already in process, my confusion is will I have to renew my work permit support letter with SINP and get my employer to pay fees again and then reapply for another closed wp? Or do i qualify apply for BOWP. My employment is restricted, category SINP international student stream.

Please folks help me out here
So if you have nomination restrictions on your nomination certificate, you have to again apply for closed work permit but if there is no nomination restrictions for your employment, you can apply for BOWP. All depends if you have restrictions or not .

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
So if you have nomination restrictions on your nomination certificate, you have to again apply for closed work permit but if there is no nomination restrictions for your employment, you can apply for BOWP. All depends if you have restrictions or not .
Yes I have nomination restrictions. Should I renew my nomination again and employer pay fees. Please what is the process

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Yes I have nomination restrictions. Should I renew my nomination again and employer pay fees. Please what is the process
no you dont need to renew your nomination, you only need you employer to pay $230 to get you an LMIA exempt which you will upload for a new close work permit. i live in P.A in SK and thats what i did. use the same nomination letter cos it is Locked-in by IRCC as long as you have your AOR already before your nomination expired.

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
no you dont need to renew your nomination, you only need you employer to pay $230 to get you an LMIA exempt which you will upload for a new close work permit. i live in P.A in SK and thats what i did. use the same nomination letter cos it is Locked-in by IRCC as long as you have your AOR already before your nomination expired.
Thank you dear. Sent you a DM

Fabio P

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
And what about the new policy? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html
One doesn't need AOR or nomination letter in order to apply under the new policy? Isn't that easier and better than applying for a closed work-permit?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
And what about the new policy? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html
One doesn't need AOR or nomination letter in order to apply under the new policy? Isn't that easier and better than applying for a closed work-permit?
It’s only for people who were on PGWP . You don’t hold post graduation work permit so this doesn’t apply to you. Only option for you is to apply for new employer specific work permit. You need to attach your AOR, work permit support letter and nomination with your application. Also employer submit job offer online in employer portal and give you jib offer number.

Reactions: Micheal737373

Fabio P

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
It’s only for people who were on PGWP . You don’t hold post graduation work permit so this doesn’t apply to you. Only option for you is to apply for new employer specific work permit. You need to attach your AOR, work permit support letter and nomination with your application. Also employer submit job offer online in employer portal and give you jib offer number.
Ok I understand, in my case I am on PGWP, but I understand some people are on regular WP.