+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Tigerxjj515

Dec 10, 2020
I am really depressed now ... I don’t know if we are going to recieve our AOR ever ... especially august applicants that don’t exist for cic ... feel lyk dying everyday.. no meaning of calling cic same answer every time even I called today what’s the answer.. officer is still checking it for completeness I don’t understand is this a book that has 10 parts that’s taking them more than 2 months even after issuing temporary number
Things looking scary now .. no AOR from last few weeks .., don’t know what to do feeling depressed and broken all the time loosing all hopes day by day
I was trying to call ircc today. I dialed 2. But the system is asking me to dial the first letter of my application number? My current status is AR and I don't have application number yet. In my case, how should I dial in order to speak to an agent? Thank you.

abhinavnavimalhotra

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
I see. Restrictions of Employment - NO. Hooray!
I also have a query about this. I have a employer restricted PNP. I know that I have only Closed work permit option. but, I wanted to ask that am I eligible to extend my PGWP as per the instructions mentioned by IRCC on Jan 27, 2021. they are extending 1.5 year of PGWP. My PGWP will expire on Nov 11, 2021.
I think if I am eligible to apply for PGWP. this way to apply is more easier than closed work permit.
Please share you view points with me.
Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I also have a query about this. I have a employer restricted PNP. I know that I have only Closed work permit option. but, I wanted to ask that am I eligible to extend my PGWP as per the instructions mentioned by IRCC on Jan 27, 2021. they are extending 1.5 year of PGWP. My PGWP will expire on Nov 11, 2021.
I think if I am eligible to apply for PGWP. this way to apply is more easier than closed work permit.
Thanks
Did you ever hold pgwp before this work permit and it was expired on or before January 2020. If yes you can be able to extend it through new policy. If you only have closed work permit lmia exempt and never had pgwp you have to apply for closed work permit.

Reactions: abhinavnavimalhotra

abhinavnavimalhotra

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Did you ever hold pgwp before this work permit and it was expired on or before January 2020. If yes you can be able to extend it through new policy. If you only have closed work permit lmia exempt and never had pgwp you have to apply for closed work permit.
I have only one PGWP of 3 years after my studies. I got it on Nov 11, 2018.

Tigerxjj515

Dec 10, 2020
Thanks
I want to share my story with you. My PGWP expired on Nov 2020. I applied for closed work permit using 204C support letter issued by AINP. My employer had encountered a lot of problems to upload my exmployment offer to the employer protal. They had even hired a immigration consultant to assist them. After 7 months of waiting, I got my closed work permit just yesterday. It will be valid until end of Nov 2022. In my opinion, it is better and easier to apply an open work permit than the closed one.

Reactions: abhinavnavimalhotra