+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

KPSR

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Hii
I got AOR 12 JAN 2021,
My work permit & travel visa expires May 30 2021..
when should I apply online to extend my open or close work permit..
Can i renew it from the Canada/US border in the last month of expiry May 2021 if I don’t want to apply online...
Thanks

Reactions: aazmhd

gprbcmg

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
around what time did you get it? Did you get an email or you checked ecas? Mines was submitted to emedical on Nov 27 so hopefully I hear something soon...
didn't receive any emails about it, logged on cgkey and saw Application updated and there it was. It was 8:30am here in Calgary. Nothing showing on ECAS yet

Reactions: Fangfang

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hii
I got AOR 12 JAN 2021,
My work permit & travel visa expires May 30 2021..
when should I apply online to extend my open or close work permit..
Can i renew it from the Canada/US border in the last month of expiry May 2021 if I don’t want to apply online...
Thanks
You can apply anytime before ot expires. You can goto border anymore for obtaining work permit unless you are essential worker . Apply atleast 1 month before expiry.

Jawanda7

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
One question, how much time do they give you to submit Biometrics after BIL? 30 days or 90 days? I just received my AoR today and I am going out of country for 3 months (I have booked my trip long time ago) in 4 days. I hope to receive BIL within next 4 days. If I don’t, can I give biometrics in any country or Airport?
Please advise

KPSR

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
You can apply anytime before ot expires. You can goto border anymore for obtaining work permit unless you are essential worker . Apply atleast 1 month before expiry.
I m long haul driver.. used to go to USA every week...so according to you, in my case which is better option to renew my permit from ‘Border or Online’ ?

KPSR

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
One question, how much time do they give you to submit Biometrics after BIL? 30 days or 90 days? I just received my AoR today and I am going out of country for 3 months (I have booked my trip long time ago) in 4 days. I hope to receive BIL within next 4 days. If I don’t, can I give biometrics in any country or Airport?
Please advise
90 days...I think you can do your BIO’s in any ‘VFS global’ in any country.. not sure

Please_Help

Jun 4, 2020
Please advise
I got my BIL after 5 days since received the AOR.
I think we should receive BIL within a week. Please correct if I am wrong.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I m long haul driver.. used to go to USA every week...so according to you, in my case which is better option to renew my permit from ‘Border or Online’ ?
Yes you can renew at border if you are Long Haul driver as it’s essential job .