+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

paramwolseley

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi guys I need your advice I’m on work permit. I invest money in business with my friend who is pr so we have 50% shares each . He run the business. So can you tell me please will that can cause an problem for my pr thanks
you have close permit or open work permit

AnVo

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hey Hannah, Congrats on your nomination confirmation.
Sadly, you won't be able to add 600 to your EE profile because AOS is non--Express entry. It's a paper-based application, so you have to mail your application to the designated office to have it processed.

Here is the information
https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-alberta-opportunity-stream-after-you-are-nominated.aspx#toc-1

also, i guess there'll be a note/ instruction to do so at the bottom of your nomination confirmation.

All the best.
Thanks for sharing your link. I found this information. So I though it’s possible to get added 600 points after nomination.
See this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/provincial-nominee-program.html
See the section: 2) Candidates found outside the Express Entry Pool

Reactions: td88

Arjan.batra

Nov 18, 2020
so your PR application was refused, you had asked for appealing and you won. How do you know you've won the case? Is there any confirmation/ email/mail from IRCC saying that? If yes, there should be a case number or application number for you to keep track. Atleast, an email.
I received an email and a statement from IRCC saying that the reason for refusal had been set aside(on the same day when we won the dispute) and the application will be further processed. The officer who was conducting the discussion with the immigration officer told that I would be informed about any updates.

AnVo

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for your quick replay! Where you asked to submit additional documents and when? Did they put you back in the queue? I just trying to figure out your timeline.
Usually it takes 24h and they will add 600 points in your EE account. If not, you have to contact your officer again and ask him to do that. Did you submit your EE profile number with your AOS application?
Here is another link for your process: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/express-entry.html

hannah11

Nov 21, 2020
Hey Hannah, Congrats on your nomination confirmation.
Sadly, you won't be able to add 600 to your EE profile because AOS is non--Express entry. It's a paper-based application, so you have to mail your application to the designated office to have it processed.

Here is the information
https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-alberta-opportunity-stream-after-you-are-nominated.aspx#toc-1

also, i guess there'll be a note/ instruction to do so at the bottom of your nomination confirmation.

All the best.
Thanks for the response.
I also have a profile in Express Entry with 459 points now, if my husband takes an IELTS exam we can increase our point to +471. Do you think I should apply for the AINP paper-based (that I received a nomination for already) or increase my point and go through express entry?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the response.
I also have a profile in Express Entry with 459 points now, if my husband takes an IELTS exam we can increase our point to +471. Do you think I should apply for the AINP paper-based (that I received a nomination for already) or increase my point and go through express entry?
You can apply for both at same time . You can have multiple application at same time . I would recommend you to submit your paper application and then increase score for ielts and you can submit express entry later. There is ho harm in submitting both application.

Reactions: manku_patel

hannah11

Nov 21, 2020
You can apply for both at same time . You can have multiple application at same time . I would recommend you to submit your paper application and then increase score for ielts and you can submit express entry later. There is ho harm in submitting both application.
But the officer told me I should delete my express entry profile

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My AR is September 2020, I have changed my residential address after that. What should i do?
You should wait for AOR to update your new address. There is no other way for that but maybe you can try to call cic and ask them to update if they can .

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Thanks for sharing your link. I found this information. So I though it’s possible to get added 600 points after nomination.
See this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/provincial-nominee-program.html
See the section: 2) Candidates found outside the Express Entry Pool
There are 2kinds of nominations
-1 can possibly link with ee profile and add 600 to your profile.
- another one is non-express entry that cannot link with ee profile :).
And AOS is non-express entry, so whether Hannah has ee profile or not, she cannot link that to add 600point, because her nomination is non-express entry.

I suggest you carefully read that section you’ve sent me. Right at the top they state:
“Province and territory nominations via Express Entry”

td88

Aug 8, 2019
But the officer told me I should delete my express entry profile
Dear Hannah,
You are at exactly my situation :). So i have some suggestions for you.

1- you can keep updating your ee profile with your new ielts result, if you can boost your profile upto 471+, do it, then if you have iTA thr ee, keep applying for PR thr express entry. from the time you receive iTA to the CoPR , it’ll be around 6-8month.

2- simultaneously, apply PR paper based thr mail (this will take you 19-21months to the final decision).

Of course you have to pay the PR fee for both application.

Only if you receive CoPr from 1 , withdraw another 1, you will have the RPRF fee refunded.

please read this article to gather your information

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

buttphalia

May 28, 2020
I received an email and a statement from IRCC saying that the reason for refusal had been set aside(on the same day when we won the dispute) and the application will be further processed. The officer who was conducting the discussion with the immigration officer told that I would be informed about any updates.
What was the refusal?