+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Bond Didi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Looks like we will get AOR in middle of next year and pr in 2023 . This is so frustrating they stopped issuing more Aor . There is huge backlogs of application now and this continues its important to get pr . Really depressed.
For consolation purpose....7 months for AoR,7 months for BIL & Medical closure,7 months on background,security and ADR ...7*3 gives 21 months.

Reactions: Jolbean

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
What date you had applied your work visa ?

Does your NOC for PR visa is same as your work visa ?

I am Asking you that because i am thinking to follow you.
I applied for Work Visa in 5 of February, 2020. I had a really complicated situation, since I applied from Cyprus and we don't have VAC there I had to travel to another country to provide biometrics. I did it twice, for Work visa and for PR. Because My application was right about a time when all Covid restrictions started. Here is my time line for work visa:

Correspondence LetterJuly 9, 2020
Original Passport RequestMarch 2, 2020
Correspondence LetterMarch 2, 2020
Biometrics Collection LetterFebruary 6, 2020
Submission ConfirmationFebruary 5, 2020
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionFebruary 5, 2020

Of course my NOC is the same for the both applications.

Reactions: Dikku1111

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I applied for Work Visa in 5 of February, 2020. I had a really complicated situation, since I applied from Cyprus and we don't have VAC there I had to travel to another country to provide biometrics. I did it twice, for Work visa and for PR. Because My application was right about a time when all Covid restrictions started. Here is my time line for work visa:

Correspondence LetterJuly 9, 2020
Original Passport RequestMarch 2, 2020
Correspondence LetterMarch 2, 2020
Biometrics Collection LetterFebruary 6, 2020
Submission ConfirmationFebruary 5, 2020
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionFebruary 5, 2020

Of course my NOC is the same for the both applications.
I have similar case PR BC PNP paper base (AR 04th May, 2020) and work permit application (Submitted on July 16, Biometric Aug, 16)
When do you think I will get reply on my work permit?

Reactions: J20190911

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Looks like we will get AOR in middle of next year and pr in 2023 . This is so frustrating they stopped issuing more Aor . There is huge backlogs of application now and this continues its important to get pr . Really depressed.
2023 must be kidding me

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
Third increase in last 7 months and expect more increase.
With some staff being diverted to Parents and grand parents stream
Which will take place about after an month
It is just my guess. Any comments ??

Last edited:

Perrypillarman

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Some foreign missions are not even working at all. The effect of COVID 19 is felt by everybody, the pandemic changed a lot of things. Why do we think they are not working? that they are not working at our pace doesn't mean they are not working. The process is not as easy as we think and a situation where we have like 40% time and staff attending to what 100% time and staff would normally attend to , we shouldn’t expect the usual result. Note: PR or Visa is never a right of anybody. I will rather suggest we keep doing individual webform message to express our concern about our case. Though It is frustrating to wait a longer time than the usual for AOR and other stages but let us show understanding that this is not a deliberate action by IRCC. They probably couldn’t help it. We have waited long enough than to now create a scene that is likely to mess a process up when it is almost over. My opinion please.

prabhjitanand

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Is it advisable to go for upfront medical for Outland applicant in the current circumstances, if only MR is pending?

AR-Jan, 2020
AOR-Feb, 2020

Reactions: hitsh