+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Lana2017

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
my file is currently being processed at ottawa, is this a good sign?
i contact ircc on web form about the status of my case and i got a reply that my file is no longer in sydney
The only thing I know that transferring the file makes the processing time longer. My file was transferred in February and GMCS notes show that even the agent wasn't assigned and nothing is done. Hopefully in Ottawa they work faster. You could ask the agent the reason of transferring or it appears on GMCS notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: J20190911

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
The only thing I know that transferring the file makes the processing time longer. My file was transferred in February and GMCS notes show that even the agent wasn't assigned and nothing is done. Hopefully in Ottawa they work faster. You could ask the agent the reason of transferring or it appears on GMCS notes.
Where was yours transferred to ?
I ordered for gcms note same day I sent ircc the web form

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
My web form reply
Stated that the responsible office is currently reviewing my application, which means an agent has been assigned to my file

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
on the check list it say that i should have 2 return mails, one in the english or french and one in native language of residency. I only sent one, do think that will cause a problem?

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
on the check list it say that i should have 2 return mails, one in the english or french and one in native language of residency. I only sent one, do think that will cause a problem?
It's 2 two return mail label
I really don't know but hope it won't be a problem

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
It's 2 two return mail label
I really don't know but hope it won't be a problem
yes I overlooked it, one in english or French and one in native language that u r residence. I dont think that would be a big problem they could always request that. y they want 2 return mail tho?

Perrypillarman

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
No, not a problem as long as they don’t have to return your application for any reason. They don’t have that luxury of time to buy envelops and write addresses or to avoid writing wrong address hence the need for self addressed envelops. What is your time line?

Reactions: Jolbean