+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am (person writing this) a Canadian Citizen, the applicant (my common law wife) is a US citizen, applying under the PNP process. Hopefully that clears it up.
Oops sorry. I thought you are principal applicant. What did u attached with your spouse pr application. Just you passport copy or something else too ?

M.Canada.NL

Jul 5, 2019
Oops sorry. I thought you are principal applicant. What did u attached with your spouse pr application. Just you passport copy or something else too ?
Hey no worries!
So if I recall correctly I did not have to submit anything. Since PNP isn't family based, IRCC did not require me to prove and/or supply much at the onset of the application. Merely I needed to disclose that I was her common law husband, and a few other things. All apart of the standard application package stuff. The ADR in July included a request for my birth certificate. I can only speculate as to why that is needed, but I suspect that IRCC wants to ensure that she has no dependents or family looking to come to Canada that was not disclosed in the initial application. So by providing proof that I am Canadian, that concern is alleviated.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey no worries!
So if I recall correctly I did not have to submit anything. Since PNP isn't family based, IRCC did not require me to prove and/or supply much at the onset of the application. Merely I needed to disclose that I was her common law husband, and a few other things. All apart of the standard application package stuff. The ADR in July included a request for my birth certificate. I can only speculate as to why that is needed, but I suspect that IRCC wants to ensure that she has no dependents or family looking to come to Canada that was not disclosed in the initial application. So by providing proof that I am Canadian, that concern is alleviated.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Make sense. Also didn’t she submitted birth certificate along application before? What about fees ? Are u listed as non accompanying on her application?

M.Canada.NL

Jul 5, 2019
Make sense. Also didn’t she submitted birth certificate along application before? What about fees ? Are u listed as non accompanying on her application?
She needed to submit her US birth certificate at the beginning (ADR request was only for my Canadian one). Fees were all paid upfront, including the right of permanent residency fee (I think it is called something like that). Also yes, I am non-accompanying on the application, no need to be listed as that given she is inland and I am already a Canadian living in Canada. I suspect IRCC wanted my Canadian birth certificate to prove that I was indeed non-accompanying.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
She needed to submit her US birth certificate at the beginning (ADR request was only for my Canadian one). Fees were all paid upfront, including the right of permanent residency fee (I think it is called something like that). Also yes, I am non-accompanying on the application, no need to be listed as that given she is inland and I am already a Canadian living in Canada. I suspect IRCC wanted my Canadian birth certificate to prove that I was indeed non-accompanying.
They haven’t requested passport copy . U haven’t filled any form right? Like additional family, schedule a. Lol this process seems so tensed.

M.Canada.NL

Jul 5, 2019
They haven’t requested passport copy . U haven’t filled any form right? Like additional family, schedule a. Lol this process seems so tensed.
They requested her passport copy at the beginning of the process. Well actually they didn't request it per se, rather it is a requirement in the process I believe for principle applicants to submit a scan of their passport.

No I haven't filled out an additional family schedule A. Being a non-accompanying this is not a requirement for inland applicants. IRCC doesn't (to my knowledge) ever ask for schedule A for non-applicants that are Canadians, especially ones living in Canada.

Best advise if you haven't applied, just follow the document checklist and get those PCC done sooner than later if you have lived outside of Canada since 18. Also word of advise, do not get upfront medicals until your tracker (on the IRCC website) says you are within 12 months of the process being complete (August 2021 in my case). These medical results are only valid for 12 months.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
They requested her passport copy at the beginning of the process. Well actually they didn't request it per se, rather it is a requirement in the process I believe for principle applicants to submit a scan of their passport.

No I haven't filled out an additional family schedule A. Being a non-accompanying this is not a requirement for inland applicants. IRCC doesn't (to my knowledge) ever ask for schedule A for non-applicants that are Canadians, especially ones living in Canada.

Best advise if you haven't applied, just follow the document checklist and get those PCC done sooner than later if you have lived outside of Canada since 18. Also word of advise, do not get upfront medicals until your tracker (on the IRCC website) says you are within 12 months of the process being complete (August 2021 in my case). These medical results are only valid for 12 months.
Thank you so much for valuable information. I appreciate that.

AIPP Immi

Jul 11, 2018
Dear All,

Please guide me what step after submission of paper based application in Occupation in demand of SINP?

How to get confirmation that IRCC has received my application (Courier delivery proof is there but need from IRCC also)

Reactions: manku_patel