+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
1. Just got $170 refund from IRCC (info: Citizenship & IMM ON-L). I guess this is a Biometric service fee (85 x 2) for me and my wife - they use my previous biometric when i applied Study visa in 2016 and my profile on gckey has a biometric number. So I can assume that this is biometric excemption due to covid, can't I ?

2. Also have a ghost update last night, as I research on google, "Background Check changes to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". How long will the background check process be? Hopefully this is a good sign.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
1. Just got $170 refund from IRCC (info: Citizenship & IMM ON-L). I guess this is a Biometric service fee (85 x 2) for me and my wife - they use my previous biometric when i applied Study visa in 2016 and my profile on gckey has a biometric number. So I can assume that this is biometric excemption due to covid, can't I ?

2. Also have a ghost update last night, as I research on google, "Background Check changes to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". How long will the background check process be? Hopefully this is a good sign.

Good luck everyone.
Hi
Did you send police clearance certificate?

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Anyone here who have submitted their upfront medical, what is the process? Can we just take our passport/photo ID to the CIC assigned panel physician and complete our medical? I guess if we are doing the e-medical we do not need to take the photographs. Please explain in brief so that it may be helpful to others. Thank you!

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Anyone here who have submitted their upfront medical, what is the process? Can we just take our passport/photo ID to the CIC assigned panel physician and complete our medical? I guess if we are doing the e-medical we do not need to take the photographs. Please explain in brief so that it may be helpful to others. Thank you!
The immigration medical is sent electronically by the doctors. Find a doctor near you and ask them what do they need. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Usually, just your passport is enough. After the examination, they will give you a reference number. That document should be uploaded to your profile. In 10 days, the doctors would send your report directly to the IRCC. Based on the reference number, your report will be added to your profile.
Please note that it is valid for 12 months from the date of your medical exam.

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
The immigration medical is sent electronically by the doctors. Find a doctor near you and ask them what do they need. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Usually, just your passport is enough. After the examination, they will give you a reference number. That document should be uploaded to your profile. In 10 days, the doctors would send your report directly to the IRCC. Based on the reference number, your report will be added to your profile.
Please note that it is valid for 12 months from the date of your medical exam.
Thank you so much! I hope this one will be helpful to the other people here in this community too!

Victor.omar20

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello guys, I need some assistance here. I am preparing my paper based application because I got nominated under the foreign worker stream. My NOC is B and I am not sure if I need to give language test results. The application guide says that the language requirement is only for NOC C and D but I want to be sure of this. Thank you

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Hello guys, I need some assistance here. I am preparing my paper based application because I got nominated under the foreign worker stream. My NOC is B and I am not sure if I need to give language test results. The application guide says that the language requirement is only for NOC C and D but I want to be sure of this. Thank you
I think you can refer to this checklist and follow the process.

The details can be found here as well.

Reactions: FerasZain