+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

am76

Jan 15, 2019
Criminality is police verification
Security is done by canada border security
Pnp medical not started means they havent start sending MR to pnps
Have you linked your profile? If yes send them papers online.
Can you share your timeline n if you dont mind can you elaborate plz whats in your gcms notes
Thank you.

My profile is linked, I have already sent them the Police Clearance documents online but felt I should probably send the hard copies too.

Does only Criminality depend on the PCC ? What does Security depend on?

AR - Nov. 15 2019
AOR: Feb 1 2020
PAL: July 20

GCMS says in the assessment section that I've passed Eligibility and Criminality. The others have not yet started (ie. Medical and Security).

John david

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Thank you.

My profile is linked, I have already sent them the Police Clearance documents online but felt I should probably send the hard copies too.

Does only Criminality depend on the PCC ? What does Security depend on?

AR - Nov. 15 2019
AOR: Feb 1 2020
PAL: July 20

GCMS says in the assessment section that I've passed Eligibility and Criminality. The others have not yet started (ie. Medical and Security).
Did u submit ur biometrics and medical?

John david

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Here is the response from my attorney:
Please be advised that the PR biometrics can be used for the work permit, but not the other way around. It is our recommendation that once you have your biometrics appointment to bring both letters, but request that the officer takes the biometrics for PR so that it can be used for both applications.
Even the biometrics of tourist visa is not accepted for pr?

John david

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Plz advice, i have applied for tourist visa and provided my biometrics. Do cic start checking my background check for pr application using these bio, or they will wait till i provide the pr bio?

Reactions: manku_patel

John david

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
I have done my biometrics for work permit application in Feb and the same biometrics has been added to my current PR application profile. Does anyone have a similar experience that we may not need to do another biometrics just for PR? Thanks!
I did it for tourist visa and was added to my pr application. But dunno if they will ask for pr bio or not.

estebanrojas

Aug 6, 2019
I did it for tourist visa and was added to my pr application. But dunno if they will ask for pr bio or not.
They will, he biometrics for temporary permits are not valid for PR, they only appear in your profile because they are linked to your UCI, those biometrics will be updated with the PR ones at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: manku_patel