+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Sandynguyen

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
I filled web form last week and received response this week saying my application is not yet taken for processing and due to covid19 it is taking time. Hope with this response I will be able to apply for extension for BC PNP.
Can you let me know which webform you mentioned here as i’m in the same situation AR May 1 and BC PNP expires in Oct. thanks

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I have done my biometrics for work permit application in Feb and the same biometrics has been added to my current PR application profile. Does anyone have a similar experience that we may not need to do another biometrics just for PR? Thanks!
@Miss bee unfortunately you are wrong.

I have a similar case to you. I provided biometrics for a work visa, and one more time for PR even my first biometrics was fresh. Because they write:

Answer: You need to give your biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, including:

You have to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

Please use this link to determine your case:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Reactions: td88

babshah76

Feb 1, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
ohh ok, thanks for info..
But what if they return our application for any reason and the Nomination is already expired, will they accept the expired nomination with our revised/corrected application when we reapply..?
Moreover can we extend the nomination for the reason that we have AR status with proof but still no AoR?

babshah76

Feb 1, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My AR is July 10,
Nomination will expire on Sep 30th,
Should I ask for an extension?
what would be the expert advise in this regard.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
I filled web form last week and received response this week saying my application is not yet taken for processing and due to covid19 it is taking time. Hope with this response I will be able to apply for extension for BC PNP.
hey. When did you send webform and When did you get reply?

Reactions: manku_patel

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@Miss bee unfortunately you are wrong.

I have a similar case to you. I provided biometrics for a work visa, and one more time for PR even my first biometrics was fresh. Because they write:

Answer: You need to give your biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, including:

You have to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

Please use this link to determine your case:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Here is the response from my attorney:
Please be advised that the PR biometrics can be used for the work permit, but not the other way around. It is our recommendation that once you have your biometrics appointment to bring both letters, but request that the officer takes the biometrics for PR so that it can be used for both applications.