+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
I got pr confirmation email
What’s next step?

just sending email them?
Congrats! Did you receive any phone call? Looks like they're doing this in two ways: 1) call applicants to confirm location and send COPR right after 2) send new PR portal email to get location information and then COPR. Am I correct?

delby.ng

Nov 3, 2020
Thank you for the info. That is what I'm worried about. As I can remember it took 11/2 months to receive the health card when we apply for that first. We will definitely need health care access after the expiration because of the pregnancy and delivery.
As long as they process your extension on their system, it is fine from that moment. They will mail you the new paper card in next 10-15 days. But it is the same information as your current card. Same registration number, same identity number. When you need to use medical service, your doctor or the hospital use that number to access to their online system and see your number is still valid (not expired). And you will have no problem at all. I just completed my extension recently. I called them after 2 silent weeks and my card was gonna expired in the next few days. The agent helped me to process it on the phone conversation. They may ask your email address and the time & date you send the email for extension. Plz prepare such info in advance to save your time.

djleia

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Congrats! Did you receive any phone call? Looks like they're doing this in two ways: 1) call applicants to confirm location and send COPR right after 2) send new PR portal email to get location information and then COPR. Am I correct?
no. I did not get any phone call

seems Vancouver office does phone call.
But my office was Calgary. I think Calgary office does pr portal.
Mine is mpnp tho

Antra

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Hi Congrats! I believe auto msg from hearing the status is the same as GCKEY account. Mine still shows 'action is required' even after I got the portal email.
If your case goes for Portal new stuff, then next should be waiting for the email from IRCC to confirm some info about yourself, and then they will send you the portal link where you can upload your photo and confirm that you are currently in Canada. Congratulations!
What was your 2nd ADR please?

Sam2412

Feb 5, 2021
How do you guys verify whether it's a legitimate call from IRCC and not a scam?

IRCC website says if they call, they won't ask us to verify personal information that we already gave and ofc not payment info! Be cautious!

Antra

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
How do you guys verify whether it's a legitimate call from IRCC and not a scam?

IRCC website says if they call, they won't ask us to verify personal information that we already gave and ofc not payment info! Be cautious!
you will get an update on ECAS if they asked you document request