+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone, CIC sent me a biometrics request in the beginning of October but I have not received any phone calls (or maybe they did contact me but I didnt know). What should I do in this situation?
Don’t worry, service Canada will reach out when they are ready. If you missed their call, they will call you again and will keep calling until you book your appointment.

871012wang

May 27, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
10 days left for January application starting eligibility. Have some faith.

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

GGHUMMAN

Nov 17, 2020
Hello, I also received a message update that your file is transferred to Etobicoke office from Mississauga and they will make the approval or let me know if I need interview. I want o add here my application was received on Dec 20 2019. I dont know if it happened to someone else as well. Please let me know because now i am nervous. They did not asked for additional information and just sent the message out of the blue. btw My application was received DEC 20 2019. I though i am close as my timeline still says 92% completed and 32 days left. But i saw threads people saying Etobicoke's timeline is different .
It is getting frustrated for me. Just a Month before completion this happened. I thought i was close. :(

Reactions: J20190911

kcwn7

Jan 4, 2020
We received SA and AIP today! So happy things are finally moving.

Here's our timeline:
Jan 7 - Application Received
March 3 - AOR
Aug 8 - Work Permit
Sept 30 - Biometrics Requested
October 15 - Medical Exam Requested
October 20 - Medical Exam
October 23 - Biometrics Phone Call
November 5 - Biometrics Taken
November 9 - Medical Passed
November 20 - SA and AIP

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
I think we received AIP today? But not 100% sure. My partner received a letter in the GCKey portal saying "Eligibility Passed"

The letter states:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class."

She received the update later this afternoon. I checked earlier today and there were no notifications there. Other things I've noticed despite having the letter and seeing it in the messages about your application section:

Review of Eligibility still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. So I guess this hasn't updated yet
I haven't see anything regarding the Sponsorship Application yet
ECAS doesn't show the eligibility update or any changes on the SA

Timeline:
Jan 8 - Application Received
March 3 - AOR
October 1 - Biometrics Requested
October 21 - Medical Exam Requested
October 22 - Medical Exam
November 12 - Biometrics Taken
November 12 - Medical Passed (There were delays as she had to get a second set of xrays)
November 20 - Eligibility Passed letter (AIP?)

jonoonoj

Oct 26, 2019
I think we received AIP today? But not 100% sure. My partner received a letter in the GCKey portal saying "Eligibility Passed"

The letter states:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class."

She received the update later this afternoon. I checked earlier today and there were no notifications there. Other things I've noticed despite having the letter and seeing it in the messages about your application section:

Review of Eligibility still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. So I guess this hasn't updated yet
I haven't see anything regarding the Sponsorship Application yet
ECAS doesn't show the eligibility update or any changes on the SA

Timeline:
Jan 8 - Application Received
March 3 - AOR
October 1 - Biometrics Requested
October 21 - Medical Exam Requested
October 22 - Medical Exam
November 12 - Biometrics Taken
November 12 - Medical Passed (There were delays as she had to get a second set of xrays)
November 20 - Eligibility Passed letter (AIP?)
Yeah i got the same thing a few days ago....and then just got my PR yesterday! Congratulations...yours will be coming soon!

jonoonoj

Oct 26, 2019
Got my Permenant Residency yesterday!!!

Timeline:
Jan 6th -application received
Feb 28th- AOR
September 28th- Biometrics Requested
October 17th- medical exam requested
October 19th- medical taken
October 23rd- Biometrics taken
October 26th- Biometrics completed
November 9th- Medical passed
November 16th- AIP/Eligibility passed
November 20th- COPR

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here...the process is stressful already but then add a pandemic on top of it...plenty of days wondering what would happen. But to know i wasn't alone helped quite a bit. Good Luck to you all!

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
Got my Permenant Residency yesterday!!!

Timeline:
Jan 6th -application received
Feb 28th- AOR
September 28th- Biometrics Requested
October 17th- medical exam requested
October 19th- medical taken
October 23rd- Biometrics taken
October 26th- Biometrics completed
November 9th- Medical passed
November 16th- AIP/Eligibility passed
November 20th- COPR

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here...the process is stressful already but then add a pandemic on top of it...plenty of days wondering what would happen. But to know i wasn't alone helped quite a bit. Good Luck to you all!
Congrats! We received Decision Made on ECAS today. The sponsor update said they sent details of the application, bit I don't see that notice anywhere. And my partner's GCKey data still hasn't updated.

I'm hoping and assuming we'll see some good news in the next few days

Pepperzzz

Mar 23, 2020
USA
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone,
Just a quick question and share some thoughts. I know the work permits are going to take a while to be processes and mail but I can see that April's inland people are starting to get their links. It will take me probably by March most likely to recieve mine. So im wondering would it be best to do a remote job from my country through my country's bank but be employed on a contract until that period of time? I know there is an issue with the applicant making money but does that apply to only working while being in Canada or? Im just trying to understand.

eks8992

Nov 21, 2020
Hi, congrats to those who got their AIP/PR! Can someone provide some details on how the medicals were updated on their accounts? Does the “your action required” status change once the medical is sent in like a week or so of doing it? Or does status change only once medical is approved in 2-3 weeks as I’m seeing through the timelines above? Can anyone share their experience ? It’s been 3 weeks since my spouse medicals were sent and still the status on the account shows “your action required”

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
Hi, congrats to those who got their AIP/PR! Can someone provide some details on how the medicals were updated on their accounts? Does the “your action required” status change once the medical is sent in like a week or so of doing it? Or does status change only once medical is approved in 2-3 weeks as I’m seeing through the timelines above? Can anyone share their experience ? It’s been 3 weeks since my spouse medicals were sent and still the status on the account shows “your action required”
2-3 weeks seems like a long time but it does depend on where you go. For us:
The request was received on Oct 21st. Appointment was made for the following day. The doc office my partner went to was integrated directly with IRCC so the results were 'uploaded' by the doctor. We did have to wait about 7 days for the xrays to get sent from the radiologist (a different clinic) to the doctor. There was an abnormality on the results which the doctor called and discussed with my partner. They uploaded the results the next day and we had a request to get additional xrays the following day (this was early Nov).

The second set of xrays were completed on November 9th, sent to the doc, they uploaded the results and she had a pass on Nov 12th.

If you're still waiting 2-3 weeks, you may want to call IRCC to see if they've received the results and make sure you didn't need to upload them manually.

kcwn7

Jan 4, 2020
We had the same experience as you... It took us 3 weeks to get the results of the medical, and the whole time we were waiting it said "action required". The "action required" status changed once we got the results, but it did take 3 weeks.

eks8992

Nov 21, 2020
2-3 weeks seems like a long time but it does depend on where you go. For us:
The request was received on Oct 21st. Appointment was made for the following day. The doc office my partner went to was integrated directly with IRCC so the results were 'uploaded' by the doctor. We did have to wait about 7 days for the xrays to get sent from the radiologist (a different clinic) to the doctor. There was an abnormality on the results which the doctor called and discussed with my partner. They uploaded the results the next day and we had a request to get additional xrays the following day (this was early Nov).

The second set of xrays were completed on November 9th, sent to the doc, they uploaded the results and she had a pass on Nov 12th.

If you're still waiting 2-3 weeks, you may want to call IRCC to see if they've received the results and make sure you didn't need to upload them manually.
Thanks this is helpful. I called up IRCC today and they said they received the medical and it’s in process. I’ve asked for them to update the system.

eks8992

Nov 21, 2020
We had the same experience as you... It took us 3 weeks to get the results of the medical, and the whole time we were waiting it said "action required". The "action required" status changed once we got the results, but it did take 3 weeks.
Thanks! I called IRCC and seems like the system doesn’t get updated for some reason or other. I’ve asked them to update the system... will see how that goes