+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Were we suppose to submit a biometrics fee ? I totally didn't see this December 3rd biometrics notice on their website.
Should we submit a webform with the receipt of the fee?
Thanks!
I sent my application in October and the biometrics fee was only put on my radar 2 weeks ago in this forum, so I paid the fees and used the webform to submit the payment information, I am still not sure if I needed it to send it with my application (since I applied before Dec. 3) but I got a reply 3 days later from the representative who got my webform inquiry saying that the payment information had been added to my file successfully, and that same day my background check changed from "Not applicable" to "We are processing your background check", I am not sure if this is just a coincidence but I read in a different thread that this change might mean the system triggered the biometric request letter to be mailed to me, it has been about a week since I got the confirmation of the file added and as of yesterday no Biometrics letter but canada post is slow so who knows. The updated information for sponsorship on the website now says I absolutely will require biometrics at some point considering my country of origin, so I figured I'd pay the 85$ to avoid delays and speed up the process.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi Guys..we submitted our applicantion on 26th jan and our applicantion was received on 27th jan.

The sponsor/dependent - who will get the notification of AOR ? also, if there is an issue in the application, by when will we know that ?

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi Guys..we submitted our applicantion on 26th jan and our applicantion was received on 27th jan.

The sponsor/dependent - who will get the notification of AOR ? also, if there is an issue in the application, by when will we know that ?
Sponsor will get AOR email.

871012wang

May 27, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
My application, received 1/22 was just returned by mail today. We forgot to include the letter of assessment. We're likely going to now file outland considering how crazy fast it's currently be processed. It sucks, but at least they got it looked over in under a month rather than two!
i was return by the same reason. First mail on Dec 20. Now Jan 10 second time mail. Waiting for File number. Might be March 10.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
if one gets an AOR ; not all would have it same day - applications are sorted through many other capable officers. Each one have their own timeline depending on complexity - so it is normal to have AOR 1/2 days +/1 - for applications sent on a given day.

ENGWootton

Jan 1, 2020
Once you are able to link your application online, can it still be sent back? or does this mean you would essentially be on Implied Status once/if your VISA expires?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Once you are able to link your application online, can it still be sent back? or does this mean you would essentially be on Implied Status once/if your VISA expires?
no. this is deemed AOR; however for BOWP or an extension u have to submit a copy of AOR - call centre can provide that if you did not receive it
formally - or a cover letter can explain - for officer to cross verify - in all terms - u r safe

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you can link it, the PR application will not be returned for missing signatures or documents.

You don't get implied status from the PR application, though - only an OWP application. Unless you've linked a OWP application, it can still be returned.