+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe during theses unprecedented times.

my wife and i (sponsor) have applied to the Spouse sponsorship + OWP inland in January as most of you.
timeline : Application sent 09/01 received 11/01 AOR 06/03.
we did also get OWP application back due to "Insufficient processing fees" on the second week of march and quickly paid the remaining 100 Dols and sent it back asap.
i was able to link the application to my CIC and its labeled as Permanent Residency.
my question to you guys are as follow :

- The status says "submitted". what does that mean ?
- where can we see the OWP progress ? or how can we add the OWP ? we have tried to link it using her UCI but without success.
- my wife's 6 months here in Canada will end on the 22nd of May. do you think we should already start the process for the visa extension or is her status already considered as implied? the reason i am asking is because we cant reach the immigration offices due to covid-19 and we are not sure if there will be impacts on the processing time.

thank you all for you help.

Regards,
M

Last edited:

KateCarpenter

Feb 1, 2019
Hi all,
We mailed our application January 10, 2020, received by S. Wong January 15, 2020, AOR received March 8, 2020. Our application is linked online & currently says 23% completed. Now waiting for OWP.
Good luck!

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

my wife and i (sponsor) have applied to the Spouse sponsorship + OWP inland in January as most of you.
we did also get OWP application back due to "Insufficient processing fees" on the second week of march and quickly paid the remaining 100 Dols and sent it back asap.
i was able to link the application to my CIC and its labeled as Permanent Residency.

- where can we see the OWP progress ? or how can we add the OWP ? we have tried to link it using her UCI but without success.
- my wife's 6 months here in Canada will end on the 22nd of May. do you think we should already start the process for the visa extension or is her status already considered as implied? the reason i am asking is because we cant reach the immigration offices due to covid-19 and we are not sure if there will be impacts on the processing time.

Regards,
M

I might be able to answer some of your questions.

1.I dont know what submitted really means either but I assume that means your application is "received" by a ircc officer.
Mine also says submitted. I also have applied a student permit for a couple times it always said submitted at first and once the final decision was made, the status was changed to approved.
I have some other friends who also applied PR. They all told me theirs say submitted too so I think it's all good.

2. How I linked my owp application is I assume your wife has her ircc account.
Once you log in, you simply go to "add(link) your application to your account" and you choose category and subcategory.
You mentioned you used her Uci. Is it really hers?
I also had a very hard time to link my application to my account. I tried to use application number and uci to link, but later on I found out UCI that I kept using and I got from AOR email was actually my partner's UCI, not mine. A sponsor and a primary applicant have different uci numbers.
So I selected Family name, given name and date of birth option and I finally linked it to my account.

Hope these help and good luck!

Last edited:

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
Hi all,
We mailed our application January 10, 2020, received by S. Wong January 15, 2020, AOR received March 8, 2020. Our application is linked online & currently says 23% completed. Now waiting for OWP.
Good luck!
Mine was recieved on Jan 8.
AOR on March 3rd.
The bar thing says 25% now.
Still havent got OWP yet.

I have a friend who applied last year November and still hasnt recieved one yet.

I guess we just have to be patient and patient and only thing we can do is being patient

Last edited:

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

Regards,
M
Oh sorry, you were able to link the PR application so then you know her Uci.
Okay, so you simply log in to the account and go to add(link) your application to your account.
In the category, select temporary residence
In the sub category, work permit and extension
I chose to use uci, family name option and passport to link.
What type of work permit, Open
This is how I linked my owp application to my account.
So it's like two separate PR and OWP applications going on the account.
I can monitor both of them on my account.

The PR one gives me the progress bar thing with % but seems like OWP one doesn't give us one.

You probably know this already but the ircc website tells us if you have submitted an application for an owp, your work permit will normally be processed within 4 months.

Hope this helps
Good luck!

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017

1.I dont know what submitted really means either but I assume that means your application is "received" by a ircc officer.
Mine also says submitted. I also have applied a student permit for a couple times it always said submitted at first and once the final decision was made, the status was changed to approved.
I have some other friends who also applied PR. They all told me theirs say submitted too so I think it's all good.

Once you log in, you simply go to "add(link) your application to your account" and you choose category and subcategory.
I also had a very hard time to link my application to my account. I tried to use application number and uci to link, but later on I found out UCI that I kept using and I got from AOR email was actually my partner's UCI, not mine. A sponsor and a primary applicant have different uci numbers.
So I selected Family name, given name and date of birth option and I finally linked it to my account.

thank you for your response. really appreciate the support. did you get one AOR or one for PR and the other for OWP ?

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Oh sorry, you were able to link the PR application so then you know her Uci.
Okay, so you simply log in to the account and go to add(link) your application to your account.
In the category, select temporary residence
In the sub category, work permit and extension
I chose to use uci, family name option and passport to link.
What type of work permit, Open
This is how I linked my owp application to my account.
So it's like two separate PR and OWP applications going on the account.
I can monitor both of them on my account.

The PR one gives me the progress bar thing with % but seems like OWP one doesn't give us one.

You probably know this already but the ircc website tells us if you have submitted an application for an owp, your work permit will normally be processed within 4 months.

Hope this helps
Good luck!
thank you once again. i have tired that but it doesn't work. i guess they haven't started working on our OWP since we sent it back the missing payment 2 weeks ago.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
thank you for your response. really appreciate the support. did you get one AOR or one for PR and the other for OWP ?
There is no AOR for OWP. If you submitted it in March, it probably wont be available online for a couple more weeks. Only applications that they have started working on can be available online. May be you can try linking every week

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Unfortunately they dont have a standard on this, sometimes they would take the fees from the RPRF and then refund the remaining and later ask you to pay for the RPRF. Sometimes they would just return the application to you. Did they return the entire package or just the OWP application?
Just the OWP

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020

I haven't got any mail yet through post. My husband just got an email which has uci and application number, isn't AOR ? This is the email
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/01/24 on behalf of the following member(s):
Sima ...

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I haven't got any mail yet through post. My husband just got an email which has uci and application number, isn't AOR ? This is the email
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/01/24 on behalf of the following member(s):
Sima ...
It's AOR.

Reactions: simaa

simaa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi All,

Regards,
M
Can you please tell me how you linked your application? The same just happened to me, I got my OWP back due to insufficient payment, I couldn't link my application, did you create an account on cic and linked it to the PR one with the information in AOR? I'm the principal applicant and my husband's sponsor. I appreciate if you can help

jiri

Mar 14, 2020
hey guys. i have a question.

My app was recieved 7th february.
I had my visitor visa which expires 31.1. so i applied for extention of visitor visa. seems like i have now implied status (just guessing) so that means that they dont approve my app because i dont have legal status in canada? what should i expect? does anyone have some idea?

i wish you all guys good luck at this difficult time...

jiri