+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

C.sanz

Jun 26, 2013
Is anybody else still waiting for the test invite? My husbands application was sent Jan 2020,
received March 6 2020, fingerprints requested March 10 2021, received May 2nd 2021 and there has been nothing new since . We have emailed several times and get the same response, either COVID or Afghanistan. Im so frustrated.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Is anybody else still waiting for the test invite? My husbands application was sent Jan 2020,
received March 6 2020, fingerprints requested March 10 2021, received May 2nd 2021 and there has been nothing new since . We have emailed several times and get the same response, either COVID or Afghanistan. Im so frustrated.
I don't know if someone is still waiting from Jan 2020 group, but I know someone from Nov 2019 group who is still waiting for the test. It's not that uncommon with the huge delays. Use the feedback form to complaint besides sending messages on webform, but try not to overdo it. It seems they don't like it, and could potentially delay his application more. Is his BG check completed?

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
Canada has a backlog of nearly 1.8 million immigration applicationsThe backlog has grown by almost 350,000 more applications since July.

CIC News has received data from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) showing the following number of applications in IRCC’s inventory as of October 27, 2021 (figures are rounded):

• 548,000 permanent residence applications (economic, family, refugee, and humanitarian class applicants)
  • 776,000 temporary residence applications (applications for study permits, work permits, temporary resident visas, and visitor extensions)
  • 468,000 Canadian citizenship applications (as of October 26)
  • 1,792,000 total applications in inventory
Get a Free Canadian Immigration Assessment

IRCC’s figures indicate their backlog has grown by nearly 350,000 applications since July.

In August, a report by Nicholas Keung of the Toronto Star showed that the backlog as of July 6, 2021 stood at about:

• 375,000 permanent residence applications
  • 703,000 temporary residence applications
  • 370,000 Canadian citizenship applications. The Star reported that this figure did not include Canadian citizenship applications sitting in IRCC’s mailrooms that have yet to be processed.
  • 1,448,000 total applications in inventory
In an email to CIC News, an IRCC spokesperson explained “Ongoing international travel restrictions, border restrictions, limited operational capacity overseas and the inability on the part of clients to obtain documentation due to the effects of COVID-19 have created barriers within the processing continuum. This hinders IRCC’s ability to finalize applications, creating delays that are outside IRCC’s control.”

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

IMy application updated all as completed and scheduled for oath on Feb 14, 2020.
Though still I didn't receive any email from that.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Canada has a backlog of nearly 1.8 million immigration applicationsThe backlog has grown by almost 350,000 more applications since July.

CIC News has received data from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) showing the following number of applications in IRCC’s inventory as of October 27, 2021 (figures are rounded):

• 548,000 permanent residence applications (economic, family, refugee, and humanitarian class applicants)
  • 776,000 temporary residence applications (applications for study permits, work permits, temporary resident visas, and visitor extensions)
  • 468,000 Canadian citizenship applications (as of October 26)
  • 1,792,000 total applications in inventory
Get a Free Canadian Immigration Assessment

IRCC’s figures indicate their backlog has grown by nearly 350,000 applications since July.

In August, a report by Nicholas Keung of the Toronto Star showed that the backlog as of July 6, 2021 stood at about:

• 375,000 permanent residence applications
  • 703,000 temporary residence applications
  • 370,000 Canadian citizenship applications. The Star reported that this figure did not include Canadian citizenship applications sitting in IRCC’s mailrooms that have yet to be processed.
  • 1,448,000 total applications in inventory
In an email to CIC News, an IRCC spokesperson explained “Ongoing international travel restrictions, border restrictions, limited operational capacity overseas and the inability on the part of clients to obtain documentation due to the effects of COVID-19 have created barriers within the processing continuum. This hinders IRCC’s ability to finalize applications, creating delays that are outside IRCC’s control.”
because this bloody people don't do any work,they just enjoy, shitty canadian govt service

Reactions: Svet81

C.sanz

Jun 26, 2013
I don't know if someone is still waiting from Jan 2020 group, but I know someone from Nov 2019 group who is still waiting for the test. It's not that uncommon with the huge delays. Use the feedback form to complaint besides sending messages on webform, but try not to overdo it. It seems they don't like it, and could potentially delay his application more. Is his BG check completed?
Thanks for your reply. His BG check is still in progress. Has there been movement with other posters after filing a complaint? I worry that it stall it more. It is crazy how immigration is so slow .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for your reply. His BG check is still in progress. Has there been movement with other posters after filing a complaint? I worry that it stall it more. It is crazy how immigration is so slow .
That's why he hasn't received the test invite then. Because his BG check is still not completed. I would suggest to wait until his BG check is completed, because as it stands, it's not with IRCC's hand, as BG check is done by 3rd parties (e.g., RCMP and CSIS). Webforms and complaints work sometimes, but not always. For example, someone sent a complaint that they have been waiting for the oath for months, and got scheduled for the oath in a few days, while I sent a complaint for the same reason and nothing has happened. Maybe it's how you phrase your complaint, or who reads your feedback.

C.sanz

Jun 26, 2013
That's why he hasn't received the test invite then. Because his BG check is still not completed. I would suggest to wait until his BG check is completed, because as it stands, it's not with IRCC's hand, as BG check is done by 3rd parties (e.g., RCMP and CSIS). Webforms and complaints work sometimes, but not always. For example, someone sent a complaint that they have been waiting for the oath for months, and got scheduled for the oath in a few days, while I sent a complaint for the same reason and nothing has happened. Maybe it's how you phrase your complaint, or who reads your feedback.
Oh wow I wasn’t aware background checks were done by third parties. Hopefully it gets moving soon!!! Thank you

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has a similar timeline as me and is still waiting? Seem like most people on here did their oath ceremony already.

My physical presence has been pending for a long time, i'm getting worried, it says on their website that oath ceremony will be within 3 months of passing test but I haven't gotten an email yet.

Here is my timeline:
Processing office: Scarborough
Physical Presence: 1,124
Application: Single
Application Sent: Jan 3, 2020
AOR: March 3, 2020
In Process: September 2020
1st Test Invite (missed the first test, didn't get an email notification): April 16 - May 6
2nd Test Invite: June 25 - July 15
Took Test: June 29 - 17/20
Test Updated as passed: June 30
Aug 26: Prohibitions, Background and Language changed to Completed
Physical presence: in progress
Citizenship ceremony: not started

Thanks!
To Update my status on here:

Physical presence updated to completed on Nov 18
Citizenship ceremony updated to in progress today (Nov 22)
Oath ceremony date: Feb 24, 2022.

Feels soooo good to finally have a date for my Oath ceremony.

Thanks to everyone.

jashinds

Jul 21, 2020
Oakville, ON
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
Please update my tracker:
App Type = Single
I'm not sure what Decision Made date refers to?
Oath Ceremony scheduled for Dec 14th, 2021

Are oath ceremonies virtual or in person currently?

PGR

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Good news, I'm officially a citizen! Could someone please update the spreadsheet with my timeline?

Test Invitation: March 31, 2021
Test Passed: April 12, 2021
Interview: May 21, 2021
Physical Presence/Language Skills/Prohibitions Status to Completed: August 29, 2021
Background Verification Status to Completed: August 30, 2021
Citizenship Oath Invitation: November 8, 2021
Citizenship Ceremony: November 19, 2021

Thank you!