+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

chatyabiotech

Jun 28, 2017
Hello Everyone. I have a question. I sent my application for Citizenship on Aug 5, 2020 and the application reached on Aug 7th as per the status on Canada post. However, my application was signed and dated for Aug 10, 2020. As per Canadapost, delivery standards were 5 bus days for NS from ON. Therefore, I didn't think it would reach so quick within two days. Do you think the application would be returned back because it was signed for a future date? Or does the AOR date is what it matters?
When you received AOR, did it say date of receipt as when they actually received the mail or when they generated the AOR? I really appreciate your opinion on this?
Should I send another application, so that my submission is not delayed?

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hello Everyone. I have a question. I sent my application for Citizenship on Aug 5, 2020 and the application reached on Aug 7th as per the status on Canada post. However, my application was signed and dated for Aug 10, 2020. As per Canadapost, delivery standards were 5 bus days for NS from ON. Therefore, I didn't think it would reach so quick within two days. Do you think the application would be returned back because it was signed for a future date? Or does the AOR date is what it matters?
When you received AOR, did it say date of receipt as when they actually received the mail or when they generated the AOR? I really appreciate your opinion on this?
In the official instruction guide and I think even in the main application form it’s advised against signing future-dated. There’s a chance that it will get returned because of that. However I wouldn’t send a second application right away, as it might create more confusion.
I think the best option is to call IRCC and talk to them about this.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would sign the application in a future date? The AOR states when the package is received.

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
There could be a chance that it will be returned since IRCC tells you not to post-date applications. The following is on their website:

"Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:
  • not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future)"
ECAS also lists both the date your application arrives at the IRCC and the date they issue the AOR. On my ECAS, it states the following.

"Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 9, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2020."

Rai Mazhar Farid Jami

Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
There could be a chance that it will be returned since IRCC tells you not to post-date applications. The following is on their website:

"Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:
  • not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future)"
ECAS also lists both the date your application arrives at the IRCC and the date they issue the AOR. On my ECAS, it states the following.

"Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 9, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2020."
Hi

Are you still waiting for the third line, WE START PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION?

t3rry_Uki

Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone.
Sent application on January 17, received on January 21 by Processing Centre.
Called them a few days ago and received the same response as everybody above, they are still processing application prior January 14.

Tried to log in into the system without AOR as per DODA instructions on page 62, didn't work. Tried to use both PR number on UCI and vice versa, nothing.
Can somebody help me out with that?

Cheers!

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Hello everyone.
Sent application on January 17, received on January 21 by Processing Centre.
Called them a few days ago and received the same response as everybody above, they are still processing application prior January 14.

Tried to log in into the system without AOR as per DODA instructions on page 62, didn't work. Tried to use both PR number on UCI and vice versa, nothing.
Can somebody help me out with that?

Cheers!
If your UCI doesn't work it means that haven't got to your application yet. Just have to be patient unfortunately...

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Always sign on the day you send, canadapost can deliver applications earlier at times, the delivery times of 5 days are maximum time in which they expect to deliver not minimum, they could deliver earlier, but you have to wait for the application to come back to send a new one, if at all it comes back,

Because they take the received date as the day someone signed for or received the application.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
If your application is post-dated on the date when they receive this application, they will return it as per policy.
On another instance, its also mentioned somewhere on the IRCC site that they can also check the application dispatch date and see if it was post-dated on the day when it was dispatched and they can also return the application.

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I have submiited application on Oct 2019, it was returned on Jan 11, 2020. I resent the application and they received on Jan 23, 2020...still no AOR.
wondering what CIC is doing?
What was the reason for the return? Will be helpful to know for those of us getting ready to send and are traumatized with this random and delayed CIC process!

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
those people who did not receive AOR, what do you if you do not receive AOR?
If your application was sent after January 14th, unfortunately nothing. If you call, they wont have an answer for you. if it was before Jan 14th, you can call them, they may have an update for you

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
What was the reason for the return? Will be helpful to know for those of us getting ready to send and are traumatized with this random and delayed CIC process!
I sent using academic IELTS papers. they accept only general.
later on, I sent my M.Sc. certificate and medium of instruction which states my education was in English, according to CIC, they
should full fill the IELTS requirements.