+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Yeah I can accept a week or two difference in timing, but now they are moving into the second half of February - something does not smell right and apparently they are not aware of this issue... If everyone of us send a feedback, hopefully this can serve as a reminder to them...

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
It is possible that the person in charge of processing those remainder January applicants is on vacation...
That's a possible reason... But no matter the root cause, the fact is they treat the remainder of January applicants unfairly. They can easily correct this by assigning those applications to another officer. :)

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Yeah I can accept a week or two difference in timing, but now they are moving into the second half of February - something does not smell right and apparently they are not aware of this issue... If everyone of us send a feedback, hopefully this can serve as a reminder to them...
i think once they pass a date, they aren't going backwards, and that makes me nervous :(

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
i think once they pass a date, they aren't going backwards, and that makes me nervous :(
Historically they did go back and forth, but within a small time range. This is because they assign applications to officers by batches. However the current timing difference is way beyond the historical records - that's why I feel it's time to sound the alarm for them, considering that they had stopped processing for several months, makes it easier to lose or misplace paper applications.

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Historically they did go back and forth, but within a small time range. This is because they assign applications to officers by batches. However the current timing difference is way beyond the historical records - that's why I feel it's time to sound the alarm for them, considering that they had stopped processing for several months, makes it easier to lose or misplace paper applications.
i agree with you, we would rather know now if they have lost our application rather than wait another month and basically waste more time. this is very unfortunate :(

Reactions: Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
i agree with you, we would rather know now if they have lost our application rather than wait another month and basically waste more time. this is very unfortunate :(
Exactly, considering the processing time is much longer now. Suppose I learnt that my application were lost and I resubmit it immediately, I would probably have to wait for another half a year before they even open my envelope... This is too crazy and I don't want to think about this scenario LOL