+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
No updates since Jul 28. AOR paused again?
they have moved to Feb.... they are now processing Feb 2nd week’s applications... not sure what’s happened with pending Jan ones...I’m sure there are some Jan applicants who haven’t received their AORs..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
they have moved to Feb.... they are now processing Feb 2nd week’s applications... not sure what’s happened with pending Jan ones...I’m sure there are some Jan applicants who haven’t received their AORs..
Did you check ecas as few like Inpasarable might be in system pending to issue official AOR email?
What i see from AOR issuance perspective, cic never leaves much gap of 7-10-15 days unlike the gap of months between applicants for Test invite/ DM / Oath invite. So possibly few last applications are pending which might be coming in this week or next week early. If no AOR next week for Jan means they are unfortunately not complete.

I know its fear because my one of the documents too is in doubt hence we will have to wait and see if it gets accepted.
It’s been 2 weeks since my info got added to eCas, and still no AOR. This is frustrating. Why does it take so long to complete adding a file to the system :(
Do you have the line items inside ecas? if so then it ok i think. Possibly a glitch which did not send email. But we dont see file number online i guess hence just call them and see if you can get the receipt/file number

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
No updates since Jul 28. AOR paused again?
I am in the same boat. Just like I calculated, there is probably more than 25% of January's applicants haven't received their AORs yet and IRCC just ignores us and moves on to February... :( I checked ECAS and obviously I am not in their system. I called them and they just told me they are still processing applications received before Jan. 14. They also did an "extensive search" but cannot find my application. Now the growing fear is they could possibly lost or misplaced our applications... :(

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat. Just like I calculated, there is probably more than 25% of January's applicants haven't received their AORs yet and IRCC just ignores us and moves on to February... :( I checked ECAS and obviously I am not in their system. I called them and they just told me they are still processing applications received before Jan. 14. They also did an "extensive search" but cannot find my application. Now the growing fear is they could possibly lost or misplaced our applications... :(
Do you have the receipt and the person name who received it?

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
FBI PCC received 20-02-2015
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
I felt this has been a money grab. That was my 2nd attempt to resend the whole application "kit" for a missing check box.
If they now revert with another missing data, (such as date or name misspell, OR the photo outdated , now that it's over 9 months), I will not be surprised.

• Sad
Reactions: Nova Scotia

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Posted this in the Feb thread, but just copying it here as well

so i just got off the phone with cic now, and they gave me the usual "we are still working on applications before Jan 14th". i asked him why others who submitted their application after that date are already receiving AORs, and he said its possible, but officially they haven't moved forward past the 14th.

Btw, my application was delivered on Feb 5th. No Aor as yet (single applicant)

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
FBI PCC received 20-02-2015
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Hi Guys,

Posted this in the Feb thread, but just copying it here as well

so i just got off the phone with cic now, and they gave me the usual "we are still working on applications before Jan 14th". i asked him why others who submitted their application after that date are already receiving AORs, and he said its possible, but officially they haven't moved forward past the 14th.

Btw, my application was delivered on Feb 5th. No Aor as yet (single applicant)
Very high chances of Single applicants passing through faster. If you notice the trend of applications that are getting processed today are 'single'.

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Did you check ecas as few like Inpasarable might be in system pending to issue official AOR email?
What i see from AOR issuance perspective, cic never leaves much gap of 7-10-15 days unlike the gap of months between applicants for Test invite/ DM / Oath invite. So possibly few last applications are pending which might be coming in this week or next week early. If no AOR next week for Jan means they are unfortunately not complete.

I know its fear because my one of the documents too is in doubt hence we will have to wait and see if it gets accepted.

Do you have the line items inside ecas? if so then it ok i think. Possibly a glitch which did not send email. But we dont see file number online i guess hence just call them and see if you can get the receipt/file number
So when I login I see two lines actually saying Application received. Once I click on the link, I see one line item - 1. We have received your application on January 16.
Based on other people responses, if I would have an AOR issued, I would see a line #2 on the same page.
I called them a week ago, the agent told me that they haven’t completed entering information about my file in the system yet. And that I have to wait. But I thought it will be maybe a couple days, a week.
Does anyone know if they do some sort of security checks upon issuing AOR? Just to understand why it takes so long to issue a file number.

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I felt this has been a money grab. That was my 2nd attempt to resend the whole application "kit" for a missing check box.
If they now revert with another missing data, (such as date or name misspell, OR the photo outdated , now that it's over 9 months), I will not be surprised.
Yeah this is one of my fears too... I certainly don't want to see my application being returned after half a year, and spend probably another half a year for them to open my envelope again...

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Very high chances of Single applicants passing through faster. If you notice the trend of applications that are getting processed today are 'single'.
Well my application is "single" too, still nothing... I guess maybe because I sent it to their courier address instead of the PO Box, but it shouldn't matter...

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Yeah this is one of my fears too... I certainly don't want to see my application being returned after half a year, and spend probably another half a year for them to open my envelope again...

That's the sad part for sure. They should treat the returned applications on priority or put them in the front of the queue.

Reactions: Nova Scotia

moekat93

Feb 18, 2020
i sent my application on January 14 using regular mail ( non traceable ) and based on what i got told at the Canada post location the application will be delivered by next week which i assume would be January 23-24. i still haven't received my AOR. i checked online before submitting this reply and it still shows i am not in the system yet. hoping for the best and not to my application get returned

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
i sent my application on January 14 using regular mail ( non traceable ) and based on what i got told at the Canada post location the application will be delivered by next week which i assume would be January 23-24. i still haven't received my AOR. i checked online before submitting this reply and it still shows i am not in the system yet. hoping for the best and not to my application get returned
I think we should not worry too much about this as I saw in a few occasions that some applications got returned even during those months when they were not issuing any AOR. I guess there might be some people there receiving mails, and taking a quick look through, but they were not entering any into the system.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........