Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I have heard from people and read online somewhere (if I find the article(s) I will share here). I could be wrong but the strict hotel quarantine measures came into effect to deter people from taking vacations during reading & march break to go to the US (florida) or any of other other in-demand Caribbean/mexican destinations. So my guess is after April they should ease some of these restrictions - also as the vaccine roll out picks up steam most people at home (inside canada) should feel a little more "safer" . these strict measures will make Canadian tourism hit rock bottom if it hasn't done so already. and summer is the time that most tourism related businesses (Airlines/hotels etc..) make money....
Speaking of Ontario, Stage 3 of vaccination where vaccines are supposed to be available for all age groups is expected only in August-2021.
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I doubt that border restriction will end soon, surely not next month.
Canada is the one increasing border restriction (just 2 weeks ago even for land borders) when cases are reducing drastically inside and outside of the country since Jan. So no hope on that.
I agree on 14 day quarantine will not end soon. My point is 3 day hotel stay requirement might end at the end of the April. I also remember seeing or reading somewhere it was going to end at the end of April. Probably when they first announced it. I have been looking everywhere online but cannot find any info about it. Anyone has a clue would be highly appreciated:)

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I agree on 14 day quarantine will not end soon. My point is 3 day hotel stay requirement might end at the end of the April. I also remember seeing or reading somewhere it was going to end at the end of April. Probably when they first announced it. I have been looking everywhere online but cannot find any info about it. Anyone has a clue would be highly appreciated:)
yea same here I read/heard about it somewhere that the 3 day hotel quarantine will end at the end of April. This is basically to deter people from flying south during the march break etc....so hopefully in summers we might have a regular quarantine (heard they might reduce it to 6 or 10 days) but then again some of this is just speculation we will see how the vaccine rollout pans out.....and then the govt will go from there

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
yea same here I read/heard about it somewhere that the 3 day hotel quarantine will end at the end of April. This is basically to deter people from flying south during the march break etc....so hopefully in summers we might have a regular quarantine (heard they might reduce it to 6 or 10 days) but then again some of this is just speculation we will see how the vaccine rollout pans out.....and then the govt will go from there
Nah. It's pretty much a given at this point that the restrictions will only get stricter and stricter. And it doesn't even matter how the vaccine rollout pans out as they already started the narrative in the media that the vaccine (in its current form) does not protect against the various variants/strains of the virus - hence, you'll need monthly vaccinations and even more restrictions (they'll come up with some great restrictions in the near future I think) and even then they're not going to allow much flexibility (masks, distancing, etc. will probably remain forever) - you know, to protect us and all. So you all should plan your lives accordingly. Of course, I'm only speculating. Or am I?

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I think so this 3 day thing is mainly making snow birds stay home and on the other hand helping hotels to generate some revenue.

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Guys is there any phone number to call them and ask if they received fingerprints? because i send 2 times one year ago i sended and waited and waited then now the requested them again , and when i checking the online status page the only thing i can see its they send me request to do fingerprints like 2 and half months ago , but i did them like 2 months ago... and still no notice

cityphil

Jan 20, 2020
Guys is there any phone number to call them and ask if they received fingerprints? because i send 2 times one year ago i sended and waited and waited then now the requested them again , and when i checking the online status page the only thing i can see its they send me request to do fingerprints like 2 and half months ago , but i did them like 2 months ago... and still no notice
I wasn't FP'ed but you can try requesting the GCM notes? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
What I heard is, FP is valid for 1 year, so they did it again to since ita expired, hopefully you get invite soon. You should call cic call center and check the status of fp.

nipuns1

Star Member
Nov 8, 2012
canada
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
please update the spreadsheet
Application processing started: October 15, 2020

Bitologue

Mar 3, 2021
Hello all,

Could you please add me to the spread sheet.

Application: Single (Adult)
Application Sent: Jan 10, 2020
Application Signed: Jan 10, 2020
Application received: Jan 16, 2020
AOR: March 13, 2020
Encas : sep 20, 2020
Physical Presence: 1101 days