Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
What a coincidence! :D I would say at this stage they are not likely to request fingerprints... Typically they request fingerprints within a month after the application status changes to "in process", but there are always exceptions...
I am not sure about the issue regarding physical presence tho... The discrepancy seems pretty big. But anyway 1125 is still over their minimum requirement, so it makes no difference. :)
I got FP request after 3 months of In-process status change, same happened to few other ppl I know in the same timeline, So I believe it's not necessary to get FP request within a month or so.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I got FP request after 3 months of In-process status change, same happened to few other ppl I know in the same timeline, So I believe it's not necessary to get FP request within a month or so.
You are right but I think in our case the criminality and rcmp tests have been completed and status for those are marked as "passed" so not sure why they would want us to do FP when the thing it is needed for has already been completed. Again, I could be wrong not sure.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I feel like from March onwards and through summers we should see more and more test invites for folks like us who applied in December 2019 to Feb 2020 time frame. I have now seen a lot of Oct/Nov 2019 and even Dec 2019 applicants getting test invites either on this forum or on the FB page. Fingers crossed for a quick turn around - also more offices should open up as the vaccine rollout starts to pick up steam.

Reactions: carol90

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I feel like from March onwards and through summers we should see more and more test invites for folks like us who applied in December 2019 to Feb 2020 time frame. I have now seen a lot of Oct/Nov 2019 and even Dec 2019 applicants getting test invites either on this forum or on the FB page. Fingers crossed for a quick turn around - also more offices should open up as the vaccine rollout starts to pick up steam.
I don't think even 20% of the Q1' 2020 will be called for online test this year,,,,

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi Guys a quick question related to the citizenship applications in Saskatchewan!could you tell me if there’s only one application processing office in Saskatchewan ( Saskatoon) or regina does process citizenship applications too? Just curious if one moves from regina to Saskatoon or vice versa could that delay the processing of application? Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Guys a quick question related to the citizenship applications in Saskatchewan!could you tell me if there’s only one application processing office in Saskatchewan ( Saskatoon) or regina does process citizenship applications too? Just curious if one moves from regina to Saskatoon or vice versa could that delay the processing of application? Thanks
Moving between different IRCC centers can introduce additional delays. What you can do is to not change your address

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Yeah you are right too! You never know if or when they will request fingerprints... Some people even get FP requests near the end of the process. As I said, there are always exceptions LOL

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Yeah you are right too! You never know if or when they will request fingerprints... Some people even get FP requests near the end of the process. As I said, there are always exceptions LOL
Lets hope we don't get the FP request. As for us we are not in the country and not planning on coming back until absolutely necessary (i.e test) and also not before April 30th until then those strict quarantine measures are in place so don't want to spend $2000 on a hotel quarantine.

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Lets hope we don't get the FP request. As for us we are not in the country and not planning on coming back until absolutely necessary (i.e test) and also not before April 30th until then those strict quarantine measures are in place so don't want to spend $2000 on a hotel quarantine.
Hopefully not! At this point the probability of a FP request is pretty low. :)

Reactions: Nkhalidvmc

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I have been searching online for long time about when hotel quarantine requirement ends. And you say April 30, have you read/seen this date somewhere? It would be nice if you can share the source you got this date from.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I have been searching online for long time about when hotel quarantine requirement ends. And you say April 30, have you read/seen this date somewhere? It would be nice if you can share the source you got this date from.
I doubt that border restriction will end soon, surely not next month.
Canada is the one increasing border restriction (just 2 weeks ago even for land borders) when cases are reducing drastically inside and outside of the country since Jan. So no hope on that.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
I have heard from people and read online somewhere (if I find the article(s) I will share here). I could be wrong but the strict hotel quarantine measures came into effect to deter people from taking vacations during reading & march break to go to the US (florida) or any of other other in-demand Caribbean/mexican destinations. So my guess is after April they should ease some of these restrictions - also as the vaccine roll out picks up steam most people at home (inside canada) should feel a little more "safer" . these strict measures will make Canadian tourism hit rock bottom if it hasn't done so already. and summer is the time that most tourism related businesses (Airlines/hotels etc..) make money....