Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
I am really surprised how Dec 2020 applicants have got test invites.. maybe its because they are all online applicants. Maybe I should withdraw my application and submit it online to see if it goes thru faster? or apply online without withdrawing paper application??

What are your thoughts guys?

cityphil

Jan 20, 2020
I'm NOT in urgent processing. The app was delivered on Jan 6, 2020, and AOR on March 11, 2020. I have received the test invite today.
Probably unrelated but I've filed my taxes 2 days ago and I've submitted an ATIP request yesterday.

Otherwise, not much more to add than that. They've given me from March 1st to March 21st to finish the test. Time to cram. :D Study up guys it's coming. I'll keep on my timeline updated in the google sheet.

Edit: Reading through the letter again, it seems that the email was sent from the IRCC's Vancouver office (or something), so YMMV and you may be fast or slow depending on where your test center should have been (this is just a guess).

Last edited:

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I am really surprised how Dec 2020 applicants have got test invites.. maybe its because they are all online applicants. Maybe I should withdraw my application and submit it online to see if it goes thru faster? or apply online without withdrawing paper application??

What are your thoughts guys?
Apparently they are all online applicants. It makes sense that online applications move faster, but it doesn't make sense that they are moving so fast that jumping ahead of a whole year's applicants... Normally they need to complete all background checks before sending test invites, so it is a surprise!

Don't panic at this moment, let's just keep watching this trend a little bit longer. I wonder if this is IRCC's pilot project that they selected a few online applicants to do a small test, so it's pretty risky to give up our current spot in the line and resubmit. If later we find out a majority of the online applicants receive test invites, then we should email MPs, contact media... probably more useful than complaining to IRCC LOL

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I'm NOT in urgent processing. The app was delivered on Jan 6, 2020, and AOR on March 11, 2020. I have received the test invite today.
Probably unrelated but I've filed my taxes 2 days ago and I've submitted an ATIP request yesterday.

Otherwise, not much more to add than that. They've given me from March 1st to March 21st to finish the test. Time to cram. :D Study up guys it's coming. I'll keep on my timeline updated in the google sheet.
Wow congratulations! That gives me some hope! :D

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016

online or paper application?

Homer79

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019

Edit: Reading through the letter again, it seems that the email was sent from the IRCC's Vancouver office (or something), so YMMV and you may be fast or slow depending on where your test center should have been (this is just a guess).
Hello! Congratulations on getting the test invite. Which city did you apply from? Vancouver?

newww

Aug 18, 2020
Hello,

Could you update mi records,
In process: Oct 23, 2020
FP Request: Feb 25, 2021

I think things are moving up, and hopefully, we all get test invites soon.
BTW, my application was on paper.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
@Nova Scotia Almost exact timeline my husband has. He just ordered his GCMS notes last month and got it yesterday, same due date in his notes as well of Aug 26, 2021. Notes say criminality passed and rcmp trace didn't show anything... does it mean he won't be requested for fingerprints or that request can still come through? Also in his physical presence calculator sheet that he attached had 1178 days, the notes mention that number to be 1125 (not sure if they ran any checks?) current status says TFR-Eligibility which I suppose probably means that the file now has been sent to the local office which in his case is IRCC ottawa. I am guessing they just review all these details and if everything looks good they send a test invite/interview etc?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Nova Scotia Almost exact timeline my husband has. He just ordered his GCMS notes last month and got it yesterday, same due date in his notes as well of Aug 26, 2021. Notes say criminality passed and rcmp trace didn't show anything... does it mean he won't be requested for fingerprints or that request can still come through? Also in his physical presence calculator sheet that he attached had 1178 days, the notes mention that number to be 1125 (not sure if they ran any checks?) current status says TFR-Eligibility which I suppose probably means that the file now has been sent to the local office which in his case is IRCC ottawa. I am guessing they just review all these details and if everything looks good they send a test invite/interview etc?
Curious to know how they got 1125 days... May be they checked through CBSA records... Also, did you miss out any trips in your physical calculations?