+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

AOR: 11 Jan 2020
Fsw Outland India EE

I have been observing forums very closely, noticed many applicants around my AOR have received ppr & re medicals and I don't see any movement in my application since I did my biometrics.

I was wondering if I should go for a upfront medical and update it via webform to spark some movement in my file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
I agree with @legalfalcon
I'm AOR 27 Jan 2020 and got my upfront medical done in June 2021 but I still don't see any updates at all in my file. My medical status has not changed either.
On the other hand, those receiving remed requests are having their files approved within weeks of their medicals. Best to wait for them to request one.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I'm AOR 27 Jan 2020 and got my upfront medical done in June 2021 but I still don't see any updates at all in my file. My medical status has not changed either.
On the other hand, those receiving remed requests are having their files approved within weeks of their medicals. Best to wait for them to request one.
@lavin.gurnani

It has never been a good idea to go for upfront

monster_yoda

Dec 3, 2019
Hi all,
I am supposed to travel on onsite deputation for long term from my company. As I already have the PR visa they are willing to let me travel immediately. Does onsite deputation also count as a job offer? Do I still need to keep the required POF in my bank account to show to the immigration officer?
I am to travel within 1 month and don't want to liquidate all my funds or take loan. I can have forex to sustain myself for a month or two plus there will be steady salary.

Please respond if anyone has similar experience or legal knowledge on the same. Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
A few months ago all medicals that were done after being assessed were added to the file. However, with many pending applications and a lot of applicants opting for upfront medicals on their own, it created a huge backlog with the IRCC health branch, which is responsible for assessing the medicals.

To resolve this, IRCC has not been sending re-med requests with IME number which is already attached to the respective file.

All this does is that as soon as the meds are done, they are added to the file automatically without an officer having to search for the records using the IME number that was generated when the panel physician uploaded the medical report.

However, for new applications, upfront meds remain the norm.

If your meds have not yet been updated, it simply indicates that no one has worked on your application. As soon as someone picks up your application, you will see the medicals updated.

Reactions: laxiyer24

RaghuramRoy

Dec 5, 2020
@legalfalcon
I have received RFV visa with instructions for passport submission which are not completely clear to me.
mit only mentions the Primary applicants name and not the spouse.
The two way courier service also allows for only one passport request at a time, do you know if I have to raise a separate vfs request for passport collection for my spouse?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I have received RFV visa with instructions for passport submission which are not completely clear to me.
mit only mentions the Primary applicants name and not the spouse.
The two way courier service also allows for only one passport request at a time, do you know if I have to raise a separate vfs request for passport collection for my spouse?
The application is filed in the name of the PA and all correspondence will be issued in the name of PA and not other dependents.

Your AOR was also in the name of the PA and not individually addressed to the dependents. Submit the passports of all dependents included in the application.

RaghuramRoy

Dec 5, 2020
The application is filed in the name of the PA and all correspondence will be issued in the name of PA and not other dependents.

Your AOR was also in the name of the PA and not individually addressed to the dependents. Submit the passports of all dependents included in the application.
Thank you for your response @legalfalcon

The VFS form for two way courier says 1 passport =1 application

Does that mean 2 applications for me and spouse?

Roenaaa

Jul 27, 2020
anybody with Jan AOR still waiting without any update since Feb 2020?
CoR: USA
VO Ottawa
Yes me!!
Radio silence since biometrics completed.
I got married in Oct and my husband is Canada PR holder; have updated his details on my file too…still no movement!!
We both are temporarily in India now unless my PR comes through

Reactions: Katatsukeru

Lebanon

Dec 4, 2021
Hi guys
Aor 4Jan 2020
Outland application FSW
I received my ready for visa email on 5.11.2021
And have sent my passport with vfs on 1.12.2021
I'm currently waiting for my passport.
Update
I received a new message on gckey saying my application is approved and i have till 18.2.2022 before it expires
They gave me 3 months after ready for visa email.

@legalfalcon is there anyway i can ask for an extension? I'd like to have an extra 6 months in my country of residence