+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR / Required Documents and Procedure / VFS INDIA

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
With PPR trickle and expected rain (credit to Kubeir Sir for coining this term), along comes bunch of queries regarding the submission of passport to VFS.
So I thought of creating this thread to clear all our doubts.

Below is the post by InterstellarImmigrant I found to be helpful:

You’ll need to prepare a different packet for each applicant. For EACH packet the following need to be included:
1. Passport
2. Height and eye color of the passport holder (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5455b.pdf)
3. Passport request letter (IRCC)
4. VFS consent form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
5. Courier & SMS form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
6. 2 photos as per the specifications in passport request letter. ONE of the photos should have the stamp of the photo studio at the back + date of clicking the photo + name of the person + date of birth

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
The Supplementary Identification Form has a field, Date of Permanent Residence

Is this the date on which one receives the Passport request mail?

Last edited:

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
With PPR trickle and expected rain (credit to Kubeir Sir for coining this term), along comes bunch of queries regarding the submission of passport to VFS.
So I thought of creating this thread to clear all our doubts.

Below is the post by InterstellarImmigrant I found to be helpful:

You’ll need to prepare a different packet for each applicant. For EACH packet the following need to be included:
1. Passport
2. Height and eye color of the passport holder (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5455b.pdf)
3. Passport request letter (IRCC)
4. VFS consent form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
5. Courier & SMS form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
6. 2 photos as per the specifications in passport request letter. ONE of the photos should have the stamp of the photo studio at the back + date of clicking the photo + name of the person + date of birth
Do they accept the stamp of any photo studio?
Mine will be just a normal studio in India.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@manideeplanka

Looks like we have to find answers ourselves.

I have started digging COPR and Coronavirus thread .... when expired COPR applicant started receiving PPR2 they discussed in length about the procedure. I have reached page 1275 and that is from where the actual had discussion started.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-9560652

I will continue digging it when I have time, in the meantime try helping yourself from page 1275 onwards.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Q) I have received a Request Letter in the name of Primary applicant and not for the spouse.
Also I see a passport upload link only for the Primary applicant.
Should I wait again on should I raise a webform/email to inform them that they haven't given Request letter for spouse/dependent.

A) You are good to go for the submission of your passport along with your spouse.raise a webform on VFS and submit the passports.there is no any separate request letter for the dependents.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
I just got confirmation from VAC. Height and eye colour can be printed in a normal paper and submitted

Answer by @idhar_chicha

Dont worry, I didn't fill the form either. I listed out all the applicants, and their height and eye color in a tabular format. I also mentioned who the primary applicant is and the dependents. I think you should be fine. What they need is the information (which you have given).

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Thanks @Canmah really helpful!
Also are you able to login to the website?
i need to change mailing address, but been stuck on it due to login issues.

Yes I am able to login.

But how exactly will you change your mailing address via profile? I think it can only be done by webform or through call center (my own experience).