+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Zack14

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Medicals have nothing to do with your country of residence in terms of they being passed.

For extensions, you can read my previous post at #13,190
Thank you legal falcon, just one query, if on the portal it says”July 27 medical passed”, does that mean that medical have been extended from the july 27 onwards?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Thank you legal falcon, just one query, if on the portal it says”July 27 medical passed”, does that mean that medical have been extended from the july 27 onwards?
I think it means its been extended from July 27. But I don't know how many months have they extended. Extensions are usually done for 6 months I guess.

This is a good development. You may receive PPR soon. Good Luck.

Sangram. Janugade

May 26, 2020
RE-MEDICAL ALERT-FSW -OUTLAND

@legalfalcon Hope you are doing great!!!

FSW-Outland
AOR- Jan 2020
Primary Applicant (Wife) with dependent (Me)
Medical Expiry for both-August 5th 2021
Re-medical request received 23rd July 2021 only for me (dependent) not for my wife
COR-India

Question-Should we wait for my wife's (Primary Applicant) medical request or raise a webform.

Please guide
Thanks in advance :)
@legalfalcon any updates please sir.

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
My profile reads the same as what you mentioned above. Did you order gcms notes?
Yes, I did from the GetGCMS site on June 18th, 2021. This is my second GCMS notes and I am still waiting on it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Most likely yes. However, to be sure send a web form and or check your GCMS notes for the exact date.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon any updates please sir.
After you submit the med upfront sheet your meds will be attached to your file. However, ask your panel physician when the medical report was transmitted to IRCC.

It could be that there was a delay by the doctor or the medicals have not yet been evaluated. Before you contact IRCC, get the date from the doctor.

jiah

Oct 27, 2020
Dear All,

Just as a lot of folks here I have an approved FSW-O application (AOR Jan 2020) with PPR pending for ages. I'm currently in the U.S. however my H1-B work visa is expiring and my employer asked me to travel in nearby countries and wait for the renewal (my PERM hasn't been submitted for more than a year therefore I can't renew it until a few more months yet. My home country is China which requires pretty long quarantine period and that's why my employer rather me to stay in nearby countries).

Could you all help evaluate the following two scenarios and share your perspectives?

1. Travel to Canada (under tourist visa) after the travel restriction is lifted in September. If I receive PPR request while I'm in Canada, I should inform the office immediately that I'm physically in Canada and they'll treat me as an inland applicant, rather than ask me to continue to send the passport? For tax benefits I have a strong preference for not becoming a Canadian PR until 2022. Therefore I was wondering if I receive PPR while I'm in Canada, can I still mail the passport to Ottawa, get the PR visa, leave Canada, then come back in 2022 to officially become a PR?

2. Travel to Mexico or nearby countries. If I go this route, I don't think I'll stay long in one country (I've been fully vaccinated and always masked on, so I think I'm gonna do a bit of traveling responsibly). Therefore I can't really send a webform to tell them I've changed my country of residence (let alone just being a tourist and not long-term resident in any country). If I receive PPR request during my travel, I should inform the office immediately that I'm no longer in the U.S. and request my passport to be sent to a local VFS. I've seen that this is possible prior to the pandemic, and I saw that VFS such as the Mexico one has been opened, but just wondering if there is any risk associated with it.

I've done some research ono the forum but don't think I've seen the exact same question being asked here. @legalfalcon If you could take a look when you get a chance I'd truly appreciate it!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear All,

Just as a lot of folks here I have an approved FSW-O application (AOR Jan 2020) with PPR pending for ages. I'm currently in the U.S. however my H1-B work visa is expiring and my employer asked me to travel in nearby countries and wait for the renewal (my PERM hasn't been submitted for more than a year therefore I can't renew it until a few more months yet. My home country is China which requires pretty long quarantine period and that's why my employer rather me to stay in nearby countries).

Could you all help evaluate the following two scenarios and share your perspectives?

1. Travel to Canada (under tourist visa) after the travel restriction is lifted in September. If I receive PPR request while I'm in Canada, I should inform the office immediately that I'm physically in Canada and they'll treat me as an inland applicant, rather than ask me to continue to send the passport? For tax benefits I have a strong preference for not becoming a Canadian PR until 2022. Therefore I was wondering if I receive PPR while I'm in Canada, can I still mail the passport to Ottawa, get the PR visa, leave Canada, then come back in 2022 to officially become a PR?

2. Travel to Mexico or nearby countries. If I go this route, I don't think I'll stay long in one country (I've been fully vaccinated and always masked on, so I think I'm gonna do a bit of traveling responsibly). Therefore I can't really send a webform to tell them I've changed my country of residence (let alone just being a tourist and not long-term resident in any country). If I receive PPR request during my travel, I should inform the office immediately that I'm no longer in the U.S. and request my passport to be sent to a local VFS. I've seen that this is possible prior to the pandemic, and I saw that VFS such as the Mexico one has been opened, but just wondering if there is any risk associated with it.

I've done some research ono the forum but don't think I've seen the exact same question being asked here. @legalfalcon If you could take a look when you get a chance I'd truly appreciate it!
1. Yes, you can travel to Canada if you have a valid visa. If you are in Canada, then. you do no need to mail your passport as IRCC can issue you a COPR and within a few weeks, you will receive a PR card. Only when you are outside Canada do you need to send your passport since you need a PR visa to travel to Canada along with your COPR.

2, You can ask IRCC to send you instructions to submit your passport at a different VO. However, it may take 1-3 weeks for IRCC to revert back and another 1-6 weeks for your passport to be returned after you submit it. Only if you intend to stay in a country of this long, should you opt to submit your passport there.

jlyw09

Aug 3, 2021
Hi all,

I am Canadian citizen. My wife applied for Express Entry and received AOR in January 2020.

Below are some details:
- CEC Inland
- CPC Ottawa
- Criminality Passed
- Medical Passed - Expired (but received note that it has been extended)
- Security - Not Started
- Eligibility - Review Required

We received a "procedural fairness" request for document in May 2020 since there was an issue with the employment letter's dates. We immediately provided the correct information and additional supporting documents and paystubs to show that my wife has been working for the required amount of time. The GCMS notes show that all the information has been received.

We also got married after the AOR. We provided my passport and our marriage certificate in web form to update the application.

According to GCMS notes, this is the last update to the application (prior to medical extension) in June 2020. We have been contacting IRCC and our local MP for further updates on why the application is stuck on eligibility and security screening. However, there has been no material movement according to the responses. I am wondering if anyone here has seen similar situation. Does it look like we missed any important information that may help to proceed with the eligibility and security check?

Thanks!