caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon Is it safe to get gcms? I did my EE without any representative/ lawyer.

AOR Jan 6 2020
fsw o, ottawa
all passed since June 2020
It's safe, requesting Gcms Notes has no bearing on your application. It's also good to see that you did your application without a lawyer. If you do request your Gcms Notes do so from CBSA instead of IRCC; same process and cost just that the consent form is different. Some GCMS providers are disproportionately being affected by 90 day extensions and it's taking them nearly 4 months to obtain the file.

Reactions: Nixnic19

jumbobombo

Jan 4, 2019
Hello guys,

I would like to just post some good news. Finally received COPRs (Expiry date May 2021)

PNP-O
AOR Jan 2020
Approved Dec 2020
COR India
VO NDVO

Ghor sannatta-complete silence from Biometrics application date (Feb 2020) till PPR request(21 Nov). There were couple of ghost updates but no communication from IRCC on any updates in the application.

Received passport request mail on 21 Nov.
VFS mail on 2 way courier on 1 Dec.
Sent passports on 2 Dec.
Received on 17 Dec.

Now the wait for the borders opening commences.

These forums have been of great help. I hope all those waiting get their desired results.

Best of luck everyone, Patience is virtue :)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello guys,

I would like to just post some good news. Finally received COPRs (Expiry date May 2021)

PNP-O
AOR Jan 2020
Approved Dec 2020
COR India
VO NDVO

Ghor sannatta-complete silence from Biometrics application date (Feb 2020) till PPR request(21 Nov). There were couple of ghost updates but no communication from IRCC on any updates in the application.

Sent passports on 2 Dec.
Received on 17 Dec.

These forums have been of great help. I hope all those waiting get their desired results.

Congratulations, well said that Patience is virtue; certainly so with Canadian immigration.

Preetham.v

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hello guys,

PNP-O
AOR Jan 2020
Approved Dec 2020
COR India
VO NDVO

Sent passports on 2 Dec.
Received on 17 Dec.

Lucky for you your VO wasn't ottawa, they havent even started issuing PPRs.. congrats!

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
It's safe, requesting Gcms Notes has no bearing on your application. It's also good to see that you did your application without a lawyer. If you do request your Gcms Notes do so from CBSA instead of IRCC; same process and cost just that the consent form is different. Some GCMS providers are disproportionately being affected by 90 day extensions and it's taking them nearly 4 months to obtain the file.
Gracias! :)

Reactions: caipsnotes

Meharpreet13

Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations, well said that Patience is virtue; certainly so with Canadian immigration.
I applied mine from IRCC on 10th Oct and they have been subject to a 90 day extension. I still havent received them yet.
How To apply for gcms from CBSA?

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello guys,

PNP-O
AOR Jan 2020
Approved Dec 2020
COR India
VO NDVO

Sent passports on 2 Dec.
Received on 17 Dec.

Hello @jumbobombo,

Many congratulations for your COPR! I am also an applicant from India albeit from Feb AOR. I was just curious what the date of your medical evaluation was, whether it got extended and if it had any bearing on the expiry of the visa that was issued to you.

May 15, 2020
Hello guys,

PNP-O
AOR Jan 2020
Approved Dec 2020
COR India
VO NDVO

Sent passports on 2 Dec.
Received on 17 Dec.

Did you get PPR email from NDVO? or from your Canada primary VO?

Last edited:

aifarooq786

Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone need some advice its been almost one month since i responded to a procedural fairness letter isssued by CIC. Prior to that my GCMs notes had everything passed other than medicals which were pending approval and about which the procedural fairness was issued. Is it a good time to order gcms again and gauge progress ?

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
PPR :D

Timeline
AOR: Jan 17, 2020
Visa Office: Montreal
Medical Pass: Jan 30, 2020
Biometrics Received: Feb 18, 2020
Eligibility in RR: Got to know via agent call and GCMS note that it is because job duties don't match NOC
Proactively submitted request to change NOC: June 27, 2020 (I think this wasn't considered as I was requested to submit another work reference)
ADR request: December 03, 2020 (request is for POF and new work reference letter to match NOC)
ADR submitted: December 07, 2020
ADR changed to Not Applicable: December 15, 2020
Medical Extended/Pass: December 15, 2020
Application Approved: December 15, 2020 (via agent call)
PPR: December 17, 2020
Residence: USA.

Exactly 11 months.

Thanks to everyone here for providing your insight and always sharing your stories, I've been a silent reader and learn a lot from here. Thanks, @cansha for your advice during the NOC mismatch phase.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I applied mine from IRCC on 10th Oct and they have been subject to a 90 day extension. I still havent received them yet.
How To apply for gcms from CBSA?
Hi. Requesting from CBSA is much the same process and costs the same too, if inland its free
See the following post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2020-aor-join-here.686609/page-160#post-8994885

When and why does it make sense to request GCMS from CBSA?
Making a request for your GCMS or Entire File from IRCC or CBSA is a matter of personal preference. For most, requesting from IRCC will be sufficient. However there can be situations when requesting from CBSA may be a better choice. See when and why it can make sense to request your GCMS file from CBSA. See https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

vishalbrij

Feb 4, 2020
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2020
Med's Done....
11-02-2020
Hello Guys... received my PPR yesterday night.
AOR- 27 Dec 2019
AINP
Sydney CIO
Country- India
No idea about GUs and medical extension.

All the best for everyone....
My AOR is 17th January, 2020
AINP
Country- India
NDVO
Waiting for ppr

Vhpe1405

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hello guys,

PNP-O
AOR Jan 2020
Approved Dec 2020
COR India
VO NDVO

Sent passports on 2 Dec.
Received on 17 Dec.

are you outland or inland
and also tell plz are you EE or paper based pnp and your medical request date