+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

thesurgeon

Oct 23, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon and People,
My AOR is Jan 31 - FSW-O. As per GCMS, my file was Ready For Approval on July 7th 2020. My medicals were supposed to expire on 10th October 2020.
Got a GU today. After logging back in, the medical exam passing date has vanished.
The message below the medicals tab is 'You do not need a medical exam. We will let you know if that changes'.
Request your thoughts.

baluchidu

Dec 13, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon & all,
My AOR is Feb 13th - Called CIC to check the status, as per the agent application has been finalized, but he didnt say me if it is approved, agent said i will be receiving email .
Curious to know how long generally it takes to get email after application decision has been finalized

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi @legalfalcon & all,
My AOR is Feb 13th - Called CIC to check the status, as per the agent application has been finalized, but he didnt say me if it is approved, agent said i will be receiving email .
Curious to know how long generally it takes to get email after application decision has been finalized
Hi could you tell me what questions you asked the agent? I am considering calling them but I don’t want to ask the wrong questions and get the run around

Samerbara

May 23, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I received the below GCMS notes while no final decision is mentioned. Kindly advise about my status:

Eligibility: Passed.
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Also, in note 1 t was mentioned "Appears RFV"

Kindly advise.

Thank you so Much

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
My AOR is Jan 31 - FSW-O. As per GCMS, my file was Ready For Approval on July 7th 2020. My medicals were supposed to expire on 10th October 2020.
Got a GU today. After logging back in, the medical exam passing date has vanished.
The message below the medicals tab is 'You do not need a medical exam. We will let you know if that changes'.
Request your thoughts.
That update is about your medical expiring. Don’t worry they will either extend it or ask you to take new exam.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

I received the below GCMS notes while no final decision is mentioned. Kindly advise about my status:

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Kindly advise.

Thank you so Much
Next step is approval of the file.

Reactions: Samerbara

Samerbara

May 23, 2020
Next step is approval of the file.
Thank you so much. I have the below inquiries. Could you please @legalfalcon advise?
  • Our medical will expire on Jan 2021 and my wife’s passport will expire on 9th June 2021. Should we renew the passport? Can we renew it without sending webform to update the application? We will just send the new passport for visa stamping once we are requested, is that ok?
  • My wife and my two kids may travel to my home country, while I am residing in another country for work. I am planning to courier back the passports once they reached there. Is that an issue once we submit the passport for visa stamping? (i.e: They will be located in another country, not in the current country where we will submit passports). I am just planning ahead and analyzing all scenarios.
  • I am the PA, but once we are approved and allowed to travel, we are planning to proceed with landing but I want to come back (alone) for a month or two to handover my work, house, … etc. Is that allowed?
Appreciate your feedback and thank you so much.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much. I have the below inquiries. Could you please @legalfalcon advise?
  • Our medical will expire on Jan 2021 and my wife’s passport will expire on 9th June 2021. Should we renew the passport? Can we renew it without sending webform to update the application? We will just send the new passport for visa stamping once we are requested, is that ok?
  • My wife and my two kids may travel to my home country, while I am residing in another country for work. I am planning to courier back the passports once they reached there. Is that an issue once we submit the passport for visa stamping? (i.e: They will be located in another country, not in the current country where we will submit passports). I am just planning ahead and analyzing all scenarios.
  • I am the PA, but once we are approved and allowed to travel, we are planning to proceed with landing but I want to come back (alone) for a month or two to handover my work, house, … etc. Is that allowed?
Appreciate your feedback and thank you so much.
1. If the passport is renewed you have to inform IRCC and send the scans of the biometric pages. Before the PPR is sent IRCC will generate the COPR and PRV is put in queue, the validity of which cannot be beyond the medicals of the expiry of the passport.

2. Most passports cannot be shipped. You will have to check with the laws of your country. If some of the dependent members of your family are not in the court of residence, then you should inform IRCC of the same and request IRCC to allow them to submit their passports for stamping in the country where they reside.

3. After your land, IRCC currently requires all family members to land together. Once you land, you can travel anywhere, individually or together, it does not matter.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Kindly advise.

Thank you so Much
HAs your eligibility been passed by an officer or is it just recommended passed. See my previous post on this and the sample GCMS notes comments at #2,521

If your eligibility is conclusively passed, and your security is blank, which always is, it should be in progress or even passed. See https://bit.ly/342Uwf9

See the activities section for security. If you see 4 or more activities, even your security should be passed.

To read on security see https://bit.ly/356i8A1

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon & all,
If it is finalised, then you should soon get a PPR email. However, info form call centre and webforms are ambiguous. If an application is finalised, then it should be approved. Or is it the eligibility that has passed, and security is pending.

What exactly was the response.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Request your thoughts.
If your medicals are about to expire, IRCC will send your medicals for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) who will determine whether to extend them to ask for a remed. Currently the reassessment is going in and once done you will see it on the MyCIC account.

As regards "Ready for Approval," it s a note for eligibility subject to the clearing of security.

Samerbara

May 23, 2020
1. If the passport is renewed you have to inform IRCC and send the scans of the biometric pages. Before the PPR is sent IRCC will generate the COPR and PRV is put in queue, the validity of which cannot be beyond the medicals of the expiry of the passport.

2. Most passports cannot be shipped. You will have to check with the laws of your country. If some of the dependent members of your family are not in the court of residence, then you should inform IRCC of the same and request IRCC to allow them to submit their passports for stamping in the country where they reside.

3. After your land, IRCC currently requires all family members to land together. Once you land, you can travel anywhere, individually or together, it does not matter.
Thank you so much
1. In my case (Medical expiry is Jan 2021 and passport Expiry is June 2021) do you advise to renew PP @legalfalcon ? What are the biometric scans? Do you mean the sticker we got when we did the biometric?
2. I will not take the risk, we will cancel the travel.
3. Noted.

joeyburgerza

Oct 15, 2020
Hi all,

My Express Entry AOR was 9Jan, medicals passed 24 Jan. I have BCPNP tech pilot and got a work permit in 24 Feb 2020 and landed in Canada on 26th of July 2020.

I received a "ready for visa" or Passport request (PPR) email today, saying my application is almost complete.

I have since contacted IRCC about my address change to Canada with the webform. The PPR request comes from the visa office in South Africa (Pretoria) where I moved from. I don't know if I should also inform them that my mailing address changed, or they should know already because of the webform? I submitted the web form probably a month ago when I changed address in Canada on 1 Sept.

Now for the documents I must submit, is it only photocopies of my passport and 2 professionally taken photos for each applicant (me + spouse), and the letter + appendix A form in the PPR email, that must be sent to Ottawa CPC?

I don't need to send my password because my Work Permit visa is valid for 2 years, so I guess the 2 photos is just for the PR card.

Now I am wondering what the next steps are, and how long it will actually take to get PR. Am I supposed to go to a border post to get PR after I get CoPR? Are they even processing CoPRs at the borders at the moment?