Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks. Actually when I ordered the GCMS notes in August, this was the status

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other Reqts:
Final:

In notes 1, it is mentioned “File added to group 2-TPLFJM0.

Since I have s.15(1) mentioned on a few pages, I was unsure if security is completed or in progress. And so I had called IRCC to check towards end of September. That is when they informed me that final decision is pending.

I raised the webform in 2nd week of September since I hadn’t received the GCMS notes. It mentioned that background checks, security and criminality are valid.
See if your have an officer's note making a final determination on your eligibility. To see where to find the officer's note see my previous post at #2,521

Since your security is blank, it most likely should be in progress. Security related info is always redacted under s15. to read on s 15 see https://bit.ly/34XEoM5

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Anyone applied for GCMS notes I applied on 30th Sep and waiting for response.

As per section 7 of the Access to Information Act, IRCC has to release the GCMS notes within 30 days.

7 Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received

Reactions: vish1012

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
@legalfalcon Thanks for sharing the links. I have an officer review of A11.2 Assessment R75/76 Eligibility. I believe that would mean passed?

Is there any way to know whether security is passed? Does it reflect in the notes? There was a month’s gap between me applying for the notes and calling IRCC who confirmed that it’s pending final decision.

mellodie

Feb 5, 2020
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-01-2020
Hello @legalfalcon

My GCMS Notes just arrived

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqts: Not Started
Final:

I'm unsure as to if an officer passed eligibility or not as it isn't stated.

Note 2 Text: Application appears ready for approval
Note 3 Text: I am satisfied on the balance of probabilities the PA meets the eligibility requirements

Also, please what does A39-A41 mean under other requests. (Type: Non Compliance)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for sharing the links. I have an officer review of A11.2 Assessment R75/76 Eligibility. I believe that would mean passed?

Is there any way to know whether security is passed? Does it reflect in the notes? There was a month’s gap between me applying for the notes and calling IRCC who confirmed that it’s pending final decision.
A11.2 is the regulations that refers to eligibility and R75/76 refers to FSW and MEC respectively. If you have this note, then your eligibility is passed.

As regards the security, it takes 2-5 weeks for most applicants, unless if the applicant is stuck in enhanced security screening, which can take way longer.

Usually the security related info is redacted. However, under the activities you should be able to see security related activities. If you have 4, then most likely your security should be passed.

Another way to find is by requesting your CBSA notes. Usually in CBSA notes the security related info is not redacted.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

My GCMS Notes just arrived

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqts: Not Started
Final:

I'm unsure as to if an officer passed eligibility or not as it isn't stated.

Note 2 Text: Application appears ready for approval
Note 3 Text: I am satisfied on the balance of probabilities the PA meets the eligibility requirements

Also, please what does A39-A41 mean under other requests. (Type: Non Compliance)
To see if you have an officer's note see my previous post at #2,521

A39-41 refers to IRPA regulations

According to Section 39 or the IRPA, a foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

According to Subsection 40(1) of the IRPA, a permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation:
  1. For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA [according to the Immigration Manual, admissibility for misrepresentation occurs only if it is material; the misrepresentation must affect the process undertaken by or the final decision of the immigration officer];
According to Section 41 of the IRPA, a person is inadmissible for failing to comply with the IRPA:
  1. In the case of a foreign national, through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of the IRPA; and

2. In the case of a permanent resident, through failing to comply with Subsection 27(2) [which states that a permanent resident must comply with any conditions imposed under the IRPR] or Section 28 of the IRPA.
Part 1, Division 4 of the Act makes distinctions based on categories of inadmissibility related to:
  • criminality;

• organized criminality;
  • security;
  • human or international rights violations;
  • health;
  • financial reasons;
  • misrepresentation;
  • non-compliance;
  • inadmissible family members.
All GCMS notes will have A39-41, so no need to worry as long as you have submitted all documents and are in compliance with the law.

Reactions: mellodie

mellodie

Feb 5, 2020
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-01-2020
To see if you have an officer's note see my previous post at #2,521

A39-41 refers to IRPA regulations

According to Section 39 or the IRPA, a foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

According to Subsection 40(1) of the IRPA, a permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation:
  1. For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA [according to the Immigration Manual, admissibility for misrepresentation occurs only if it is material; the misrepresentation must affect the process undertaken by or the final decision of the immigration officer];
According to Section 41 of the IRPA, a person is inadmissible for failing to comply with the IRPA:
  1. In the case of a foreign national, through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of the IRPA; and

2. In the case of a permanent resident, through failing to comply with Subsection 27(2) [which states that a permanent resident must comply with any conditions imposed under the IRPR] or Section 28 of the IRPA.
Part 1, Division 4 of the Act makes distinctions based on categories of inadmissibility related to:
  • criminality;

• organized criminality;
  • security;
  • human or international rights violations;
  • health;
  • financial reasons;
  • misrepresentation;
  • non-compliance;
  • inadmissible family members.
All GCMS notes will have A39-41, so no need to worry as long as you have submitted all documents and are in compliance with the law.
Thank you very much

Reactions: legalfalcon

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
A11.2 is the regulations that refers to eligibility and R75/76 refers to FSW and MEC respectively. If you have this note, then your eligibility is passed.

As regards the security, it takes 2-5 weeks for most applicants, unless if the applicant is stuck in enhanced security screening, which can take way longer.

Usually the security related info is redacted. However, under the activities you should be able to see security related activities. If you have 4, then most likely your security should be passed.

Another way to find is by requesting your CBSA notes. Usually in CBSA notes the security related info is not redacted.
@legalfalcon Thanks for all your kind help and support. Yes, I do have Activity 3 as my security and Activity 4 as my spouse's security.

Last edited:

vish1012

Dec 19, 2013
Hello Everyone,

If anyone can help me with their status of spousal file (moved to NDVO) in January 2020, it will be much appreciated.

My timeline :

Marriage Date : 10 Nov 2019
Application Received : AOR : 11 Dec 2019
Bio metric Request : 09 Jan 2020 (done within one week)
Sponsor Eligibility requirement met : 13 Jan 2020
Medical Exam Request : 13 Jan 2020 (done within one week), Result received.
File Moved to NDVO for further processing : 28 Jan 2020 (last notification)

Few Questions from my side :

How long NDVO takes for further process ?
Do NDVO call our partner for cross verification ?
Do they still send passport request ?
Do they need to finish their process before medical expires (Jan 2021) ?
What if medical expires ?

Please help.

Anyone with even little info..much appreciated.

Hope they finish ALL NDVO file soon.

mayverm19

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Folks, I have joined this group today. Can anybody tell me if anyone has got Passport request from JAN group?? I have joined this group on behalf of my friend. I got my PR last year in September. Her AOR is 3rd Jan.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Verna29

Sep 21, 2020
Hi everyone i joiin this group a few weeks ago,and i am happy i did... i am outland my husband is a canadian we have a laywer who is doing the paperworks for us but i have'nt received any update since febuary is that normal