Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Does the word “valid” mean passed ?
Sometimes we see Eligibility passed, criminality valid and security valid. In that case what does it signify ? @legalfalcon
Valid here simply means that the documents are in order and if the process is done, it has not yet expired. If it would be passed, then the response would specifically state that.

However, the webform responses are ambiguous and just lead to speculation. Instead you should send a webform asking specifically about eligibility or request GCMS notes.

vidit_kataria

Aug 5, 2020
Valid here simply means that the documents are in order and if the process is done, it has not yet expired. If it would be passed, then the response would specifically state that.

However, the webform responses are ambiguous and just lead to speculation. Instead you should send a webform asking specifically about eligibility or request GCMS notes.
How do i come to know that my security is passed?
As per GCMS notes, everything is passed but later when i applied for webform, it said eligibility review is met and criminality and security is valid. Please can you confirm that is my security done or not?
Thank you

JTPr

May 15, 2020
I think so it is possible if your bio metrics are pending..
I have done my bio.. but my pcc from south korea is a bit complicated as they refused to provide that pcc certificate cic requested as it is against their law.. so i guess cic is still investigating/verifying my information as i gave them my LOE

ThePatientApplicant

May 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
Is there any legal way (contacting member of parlement?) to accelerate my application? I’m CEC inland aor Jan 4 and the last time my application was picked is in May. It’s already more than 7 months and the latest news that I have per my call and gcms note is eligibility recom pass, criminality in progress and security not started.

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
Is there any legal way (contacting member of parlement?) to accelerate my application? I’m CEC inland aor Jan 4 and the last time my application was picked is in May. It’s already more than 7 months and the latest news that I have per my call and gcms note is eligibility recom pass, criminality in progress and security not started.
I contacted local MP (I'm an outlander but my husband was in Toronto so they agreed to offer help) in March and they did follow up with IRCC however since I got an ADR in February MP's office couldn't push IRCC on my application as an ADR will add at least 3 months more to the processing time (that's what they told me) and asked me to contact back after 3 months if I don't hear a decision.

And then COVID happened, I contacted MP office again in July (after 3 months) but this time it was a straight NO. They have no authority to inquiry or pressurize IRCC due to Covid situation (offices closed, less staff etc etc).

But you can always give it a shot, might work for you with your MP.

Reactions: ThePatientApplicant

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
The MP only has the power to find the status of your application. Under Section 8 of the Privacy Act which states:

Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.
  • Marginal note:Where personal information may be disclosed
    (2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;
They can inquire from IRCC and inform you of the status of your application. At most they can write a letter, but unless there has been an inordinate delay MPs will not interfere with the working of another agency.

So MPs have no power except to enquire about the status of your application and in some cases write to IRCC.

7 months is not to excessive. It falls well within the standard processing times. Most applications are processed within 7-9 months.

Reactions: ThePatientApplicant

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
How do i come to know that my security is passed?
As per GCMS notes, everything is passed but later when i applied for webform, it said eligibility review is met and criminality and security is valid. Please can you confirm that is my security done or not?
Thank you
In the GCMS notes the security is redacted. Here is a detailed way to know how your eligibility is passed and about security.

See https://bit.ly/31jzIyo

ThePatientApplicant

May 21, 2020
I contacted local MP (I'm an outlander but my husband was in Toronto so they agreed to offer help) in March and they did follow up with IRCC however since I got an ADR in February MP's office couldn't push IRCC on my application as an ADR will add at least 3 months more to the processing time (that's what they told me) and asked me to contact back after 3 months if I don't hear a decision.

And then COVID happened, I contacted MP office again in July (after 3 months) but this time it was a straight NO. They have no authority to inquiry or pressurize IRCC due to Covid situation (offices closed, less staff etc etc).

But you can always give it a shot, might work for you with your MP.
Thank you for your info
The MP only has the power to find the status of your application. Under Section 8 of the Privacy Act which states:

Disclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.
  • Marginal note:Where personal information may be disclosed
    (2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;
They can inquire from IRCC and inform you of the status of your application. At most they can write a letter, but unless there has been an inordinate delay MPs will not interfere with the working of another agency.

So MPs have no power except to enquire about the status of your application and in some cases write to IRCC.

7 months is not to excessive. It falls well within the standard processing times. Most applications are processed within 7-9 months.
thank you for your help

Reactions: legalfalcon

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys, please how many types of criminality are there. I'm confused, I ordered my GCMS notes. Although Eligibility is met and Criminality for bio shows passed, Activity 1 shows Criminality and Security not started. Is this a problem?

Last edited:

GW007

May 22, 2020
Hi guys, please how many types of criminality are there. I'm confused, I ordered my GCMS notes. Although Eligibility is met and Criminality for bio shows passed, Activity 1 shows Criminality and Security not started. Is this a problem?
@Mauriss, check page 2 under 'ASSESSMENT' and confirm status of criminality.... If it says 'passed' then that is it...