+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
I am PNP-Outland currently residing in USA. Border between Canada and USA has been closed and they continue to push the decision to open it every month. With no end in site for COVID in USA , I don't think it will open by fall.
I strongly feel that IRCC should come up with alternative arrangements / process as soon as possible for outland candidates. There is already a huge backlog of PNP-outland cases with Sydney , NV office. The applications seem to be stuck in processing queue for months now. [ It was slower for PNP even without COVID. ] . They should atleast convey the revised high-level timeline [ indicating processing delays in months ] so that everybody can plan accordingly.

Saleh Almstiri

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I am PNP-Outland currently residing in USA. Border between Canada and USA has been closed and they continue to push the decision to open it every month. With no end in site for COVID in USA , I don't think it will open by fall.
I strongly feel that IRCC should come up with alternative arrangements / process as soon as possible for outland candidates. There is already a huge backlog of PNP-outland cases with Sydney , NV office. The applications seem to be stuck in processing queue for months now. [ It was slower for PNP even without COVID. ] . They should atleast convey the revised high-level timeline [ indicating processing delays in months ] so that everybody can plan accordingly.
We are exactly on the same boat. I really hope that they come up with an alternative.

Feb 11, 2020
Hi all
I am a desperate FSW Inland...
AOR 29 January
MP 11 february
Biometry passed 17 February
Then... nothing.
Deadline is normally 29th July

To my last call it seems criminality had started and my file in Ottawa.

I am currently on a closed work permit and badly waiting because I may miss a great job... which I can't take without the PR. I tried to call IRCC for hours: it is impossible.
Hence my questions:
- any chance to have the COPR before July 29th as planned?
- how to switch to another work permit If I have to due to the delay and how long would that take? (I will try all I can not to miss that job opportunity)
- I did not have any answer to my last web form 2 weeks ago to inform my dependant is currently travelling other home country. How to know if they received it, should I redo it?
- Iam working and very afraid to miss IRCC phone call, do they leave a message or text sometimes?
- any idea to NOT miss the new job opportunity?( my skills are very specific and rare in canada, they plan to hire in the US to maximize their chances if they cant find in Canada)

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I don't know what to do now they don't answer on the phone.

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hi all,
Jan 20 AOR , FSW outland
Completed 6 months of wait time today without going crazy o_O
Applied GCMS notes on June 18th, did not get it yet and it's gone for 90 days extension.
Applied again on July 15th. Hoping that it doesn't go for another extension.
Raised a webform yesterday. (Just coz of impatience) :confused:
I wish they publish some news for us who are stuck like forever. Atleast a timeline or even showed the real status of each step on the portal. I feel my application is lost in a black hole. :rolleyes:
Just hang in there!! Most of them are on the same page!!

Reactions: MalithDisala

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi all,
Jan 20 AOR , FSW outland
Completed 6 months of wait time today without going crazy o_O
Applied GCMS notes on June 18th, did not get it yet and it's gone for 90 days extension.
Applied again on July 15th. Hoping that it doesn't go for another extension.
Raised a webform yesterday. (Just coz of impatience) :confused:
I wish they publish some news for us who are stuck like forever. Atleast a timeline or even showed the real status of each step on the portal. I feel my application is lost in a black hole. :rolleyes:
The unfortunate part if that the 6 month mark (from R10 onwards) has been taking IRCC longer to achieve even before COVID-19. Their goal has been to process 80% of the applications within 6 months. Since 2019 its dropped to 60% in 6 months.

lcha15

Jul 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've been a silent follower of this forum and thread.
AOR: 01/01/20

I sent a webform on 06/01/20 and got the following response:

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied, you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

· The security background verification has not been initiated.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

After the 6 month mark, I decided to request my GCSM notes on 07/01/20. I got them last week:
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org. Crime
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

I hope this helps some of you that got the same webform reply as I did. It's a bit relieving to see that the analyst did a pass recommendation although I know it's not the end. Is it common for the chief analyst to overturn the analyst recommendation? I'm a bit concerned because from what I understand from my notes the recommendation was given all the way back in early February. What does info sharing mean?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied, you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

After the 6 month mark, I decided to request my GCSM notes on 07/01/20. I got them last week:
HIRV:
Org. Crime
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

I hope this helps some of you that got the same webform reply as I did. It's a bit relieving to see that the analyst did a pass recommendation although I know it's not the end. Is it common for the chief analyst to overturn the analyst recommendation? I'm a bit concerned because from what I understand from my notes the recommendation was given all the way back in early February. What does info sharing mean?
To answer your first question and from what I read throughout multiple threads on here, it is NOT common for the chief analyst or officer to overturn the analyst’s recommandation but it does happen.

Info sharing is related to your background and security checks.

Hope that helps.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
To answer your first question and from what I read throughout multiple threads on here, it is NOT common for the chief analyst or officer to overturn the analyst’s recommandation but it does happen.

Info sharing is related to your background and security checks.

Hope that helps.
That's correct.

Eligibility Review is a step process with the final say resting with the decision making authority who is the visa officer. The officer usually goes with the recommendation provided but doesn't have to.

Info sharing is part of Background Checks. Background Checks comprises of criminality, info sharing and security screening. Your file will move to security screening once Eligibility Review is "passed" by the officer.

More about background checks
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#background-check

hawaii78

Jan 5, 2020
AOR:January 23
IP2:July 1
ADR:July 2 (IMM5669)
GU:July 3 (ADR :Not applicable)
GU:July 20(??)

Anyone know what does GU mean at last time ? I didn't find any updates in my account?

Swati1104

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello everyone!!
i have a question if someone can provide me woth an answer. “ if spouse is non-accompanying, then also i require to send consent signed by him for gcms notes?’”

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

HIRV:
Org. Crime
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

I'm having exactly the same status as yours. Oh no.. after recommended pass there's no movement..Mine was given in Feb too. I was thinking to get another notes when my 6 months is due.. Now maybe no need..

Reactions: azizhamdy