+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
When you guys says waiting for COPR, it's actually a landing letter.
Submit a web-form if you need to know if COPR should be sent to you.
Go back to 5-6 pages to read about COPR vs. Information/landing letter related conversation

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Guys, what does The background verifications are in process mean?
what is the difference between this and security background?
I raised webform last Friday, showing The background verifications are in process. i was asked elig, criminal, and security. Crim and secur are not started yet. What is the meaning of The background verifications are in process?? many thx..

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
When you guys says waiting for COPR, it's actually a landing letter.
Submit a web-form if you need to know if COPR should be sent to you.
Go back to 5-6 pages to read about COPR vs. Information/landing letter related conversation
Yes Understood. I meant the Confirmation Letter on email. I think COPR comes couple of weeks after that. I am CEC Inland and i think they are not sending PPR for Inland as of now due to COVID situation

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
How do you know it? Did anyone receive it, yet?
Actually there is lot of confusion around this. There are few Applicants who got COPR letter in their Mail box after their application got approved. For some it is a letter of confirmation for residency with instructions for getting pr card. So I am waiting for what i get in my case

taulejo1

Oct 24, 2019
How do you know it? Did anyone receive it, yet?
I got CoPR in my profile straight away (Confirmation of PR information to send mi photos to make my card). No confirmation Letter in my email. Also, no Ghost update no nothing before it, everything was in progress the day before I recieved it.

Reactions: Martin 87

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
I got CoPR in my profile straight away (Confirmation of PR information to send mi photos to make my card). No confirmation Letter in my email. Also, no Ghost update no nothing before it, everything was in progress the day before I recieved it.
That letter is not a COPR letter- FYI. It's a landing completed letter which says your PR holder now.

Reactions: Martin 87

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Actually there is lot of confusion around this. There are few Applicants who got COPR letter in their Mail box after their application got approved. For some it is a letter of confirmation for residency with instructions for getting pr card. So I am waiting for what i get in my case
2 possibilities:
Whoever received the COPR via mail not the information latter -- These candidates must need to complete the landing process. IRCC will schedule a call with them. Once landing is complete, they will receive the information letter which will confirm PR approval. No need to send passport for stamping since offices are closed.

Whoever received information latter ( don't call it as a COPR letter) -- As letter says, applicant is already a PR holder. Since borders are closed, the landing process is totally skipped or IRCC marked it completed. But COPR letter which is a prerequisite for the landing may or may not be available to the applicant. It's up to applicant to submit a form and ask. But after PR card is received, COPR letter has no use. If received, It just needs to be kept safely in a document bag.

Does this settle the debate/confusion?

Martin 87

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Nothing is to be confused about! Every thing is clear in this document. It welcomes the applicant as a new permanent resident and then gives him instructions to follow for having his PR card!
It's clear letter

preetav2882

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
2 possibilities:
Whoever received the COPR via mail not the information latter -- These candidates must need to complete the landing process. IRCC will schedule a call with them. Once landing is complete, they will receive the information letter which will confirm PR approval. No need to send passport for stamping since offices are closed.

Whoever received information latter ( don't call it as a COPR letter) -- As letter says, applicant is already a PR holder. Since borders are closed, the landing process is totally skipped or IRCC marked it completed. But COPR letter which is a prerequisite for the landing may or may not be available to the applicant. It's up to applicant to submit a form and ask. But after PR card is received, COPR letter has no use. If received, It just needs to be kept safely in a document bag.

Does this settle the debate/confusion?
So Condition 2 is applicable to Inland Applicants. right?