+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Hope2021

Apr 22, 2020
Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just checked my profile and saw where my application was update and when I clicked on my application, it said APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No email as yet, no COPR letter updated to my profile. But is says PROCESSING COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I can see on my profile where:
Eligibility review was completed April 6th
Background checks completed April 6th

This is such an overwhelming moment for me so allow me to give a little background. I originally applied to migrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program in February 27, 2008. At that time you only needed to have a first degree to qualify. Immigration laws changed and on February 5th 2010 my application was declined as I didn't have enough NOC B experience. I gave up on moving to Canada and went on to have my second child. Intermittently, I would apply for school in Canada just to see the approvals for school but I never had the funds to make the dream a reality. In 2017 I decided to apply for a visitors visa as my friend and brother (who was living in Canada) started asking me if I didn't want to come for a visit. Prior to this I has only vacationed in the US. Please see timeline of my journey here:

1. visitors visa approved Sept 23, 2017
2. First visit to Canada in January 2018 - I visited the College close to my brother and collected brochures. I started researching school seriously as my brother encouraged me to take the leap and that my family and I (husband and 2 kids) could live with him for a year.
3. March 26, 2018 - Study permit approved for me and entire family.
4. June 15, 2018 I resigned from my job that I had for the past 14 years and move to Canada for a 1 year post-graduate course
5. April 23rd- completed 1 year course and prayed fervently that my PGWP would be longer than a year (lol)
6. June 10th 2019 PGWP was approved and I got exactly 1 year ( expiry date June 8, 2020)
7. During that time I realized Ontario nomination program was CLOSED AND NOT GOING TO RE-OPEN ANYTIME SOON AND I ONLY HAD 1 YEAR TO WORK so I started looking jobs in other provinces. I did 2 interviews with a company in British Columbia and they didn't commit to giving me the job. I realized they wanted to meet me in person so I told them I would be in BC on August 4, 2019. I secured a short term stay, resigned my job and flew to BC with my 2 kids (and no job offer in hand). I met with the manager on August 6th and that's when he did another short interview and told me the job is mine. My husband stayed over in Ontario to continue working while we made the transition and eventually came over on September 27th. By the time he came I had rented a house, bought a used car, gotten the kids in school etc. He got a new job within a week of moving here.
8. I started my new job August 16, 2019
9. Applied for BC PNP August 26th 2019
10. Submitted BC PNP application September 27th 2019
11. Got BC PNP approval November 2019 (Big thank you to my employer who was veryyyy supportive.

A
OR JANAURY 22, 2020|BOWP approved May 12 2020| Express Entry application approved JUNE 8, 2020.

The huge takeaway from my journey is that once you plan your life and do all you can- nothing will happen before the time. I wasn’t destined to be here in 2008/2010 or any of the other times I applied for school. My time is now! I know this immigration journey is a challenging one filled with many uncertain turns. All I can say is that if you decide to take this journey it takes a lot of planning and faith.
@pemyrie Thank for sharing your wonderful story. Your story, BC PNP nomination time and Aor time are much similar to me. Congtratuations for becoming a permenant residence of Canada. I wonder if you could let me know what is your NOC and which city do you live in BC?

Reactions: fputri

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
@pemyrie Thank for sharing your wonderful story. Your story, BC PNP nomination time and Aor time are much similar to me. Congtratuations for becoming a permenant residence of Canada. I wonder if you could let me know what is your NOC and which city do you live in BC?
NOC CODE: 6235 FINANCIAL SALES REP.
I am also in the Central Okanagan.

Reactions: Hope2021

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
I just checked my profile and saw where my application was update and when I clicked on my application, it said APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No email as yet, no COPR letter updated to my profile. But is says PROCESSING COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is such an overwhelming moment for me so allow me to give a little background. I originally applied to migrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program in February 27, 2008. At that time you only needed to have a first degree to qualify. Immigration laws changed and on February 5th 2010 my application was declined as I didn't have enough NOC B experience. I gave up on moving to Canada and went on to have my second child. Intermittently, I would apply for school in Canada just to see the approvals for school but I never had the funds to make the dream a reality. In 2017 I decided to apply for a visitors visa as my friend and brother (who was living in Canada) started asking me if I didn't want to come for a visit. Prior to this I has only vacationed in the US. Please see timeline of my journey here:

2. First visit to Canada in January 2018 - I visited the College close to my brother and collected brochures. I started researching school seriously as my brother encouraged me to take the leap and that my family and I (husband and 2 kids) could live with him for a year.
4. June 15, 2018 I resigned from my job that I had for the past 14 years and move to Canada for a 1 year post-graduate course
5. April 23rd- completed 1 year course and prayed fervently that my PGWP would be longer than a year (lol)
6. June 10th 2019 PGWP was approved and I got exactly 1 year ( expiry date June 8, 2020)
7. During that time I realized Ontario nomination program was CLOSED AND NOT GOING TO RE-OPEN ANYTIME SOON AND I ONLY HAD 1 YEAR TO WORK so I started looking jobs in other provinces. I did 2 interviews with a company in British Columbia and they didn't commit to giving me the job. I realized they wanted to meet me in person so I told them I would be in BC on August 4, 2019. I secured a short term stay, resigned my job and flew to BC with my 2 kids (and no job offer in hand). I met with the manager on August 6th and that's when he did another short interview and told me the job is mine. My husband stayed over in Ontario to continue working while we made the transition and eventually came over on September 27th. By the time he came I had rented a house, bought a used car, gotten the kids in school etc. He got a new job within a week of moving here.
11. Got BC PNP approval November 2019 (Big thank you to my employer who was veryyyy supportive.

A
OR JANAURY 22, 2020|BOWP approved May 12 2020| Express Entry application approved JUNE 8, 2020.

The huge takeaway from my journey is that once you plan your life and do all you can- nothing will happen before the time. I wasn’t destined to be here in 2008/2010 or any of the other times I applied for school. My time is now! I know this immigration journey is a challenging one filled with many uncertain turns. All I can say is that if you decide to take this journey it takes a lot of planning and faith.

@pemyrie ..... Congratulations ..!!!!

I am following this group for quite some time now ...... Have seen you helping other applicants with their queries and also giving hope to them ....

But after reading your story today .... I can say that all this makes you my hero ... God speed success and health to you and your family

Reactions: MOTHREE and pemyrie

hassan1212

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

A

Congratulations. Encouraging story :)

Reactions: dd4422

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
@pemyrie ..... Congratulations ..!!!!

I am following this group for quite some time now ...... Have seen you helping other applicants with their queries and also giving hope to them ....

But after reading your story today .... I can say that all this makes you my hero ... God speed success and health to you and your family
Thank you @Canmah

pjbop28

Jun 5, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-01-2020
Med's Request
29-01-2020
Med's Done....
31-01-2020

A

Such a inspiration @pemyrie Wish you good luck and Congrats!

Last edited:
Reactions: pemyrie

Islamos

Oct 17, 2018
Please help/advice if this situation is normal, below is the reply for the web form i received on 2 June 2020.
PNP/Outland
AOR 17 Jan 2020
MEP 25 Feb 2020

You will find below information that we hope will help in understanding the process and current status of your permanent residence application.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in London, UK.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements. We may contact you if additional information is required.
· The security background verification has not been initiated.
· The criminal background verification has not been initiated.

Dec 3, 2019
Please help/advice if this situation is normal, below is the reply for the web form i received on 2 June 2020.
PNP/Outland
AOR 17 Jan 2020
MEP 25 Feb 2020

You will find below information that we hope will help in understanding the process and current status of your permanent residence application.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in London, UK.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements. We may contact you if additional information is required.
This is definitely slower than usual !! Better apply for GCMS notes to see if they are stuck on something !! Did you see any GU in the last 1-2 months ?

gsingh1444

Aug 18, 2019
PNP/Outland
AOR 17 Jan 2020
MEP 25 Feb 2020

I am in the same boat. 25th Jan AOR PNP Outland. Eligibility is still in process.

VO is Sydney.

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
PNP/Outland
AOR 17 Jan 2020
MEP 25 Feb 2020

Was there any Ghost Update you received since you applied?

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
AOR : january 20
Med passed: Feb 8
pnp outland

Please can anyone help me know if Sydney is a slow Visa Office because i got the same reply may 5th.

This is the reply I got today June 8th.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The security verifications are not in process yet.
  • The criminality verifications are not in process yet.
· All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.
Hi - I am also PNP outland with application at CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.
You are right Sydney, NV is slow processing center as compared to Ottawa. But its faster than few others like Montreal :)

In my case , eligibility is valid and background check is in progress ( per webform update as of 02 June )

I see that overall progress of my application is in line with processing time of 6 months.

I would suggest you to keep on following up with IRCC. For me , webform requests worked so far.I always received reply in 3-4 days.

I had raised GCMS notes in February for which I got reply in 30 days.

However, I raised one more GCMS request in April for which I received a note that indicates 60-90 days delay in GCMS processing.
I don't see any value in seeing status of application as of April in July/August.

Given current pandemic situation , I expect delayed approvals for our applications. Per this forum , most of the inland applications are currently being processed and approved. Considering that even last years' outland applications are pending approval , we need to wait.

Thanks.

Last edited: