+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

GW007

May 22, 2020
@GW007 The first time I raised a webform was just 2 weeks ago. My AOR is Jan 10th, Medicals passed and biometric complete. And when I raised the webform no specific detail was given, asides telling me that the file was already at the Canadian visa office in Accra Ghana and I should contact them if needed to know the status of my application. I sent an email last week to the Accra office but I’m still waiting for a response . However how long does it take for GCMS notes to get responded to ?
Thanks
In that case, I suggest you order GCMS notes. It ordinarily takes 30 days to deliver unless there is an extension by IRCC. That is what I did and hoping to get mine end of this month.
You can try thegcmsonline.com

Reactions: breakthrough2019

Skyzito01

Jun 8, 2020
Hello,

I am happy to say my PR application was approved today. I am a BC PNP - Inland applicant and my time line is:

BC PNP Nomination: December 05/2019
ITA: December 11/2019
AOR: January 12/2020
Medical Passed: January 27/2020
Biometrics: Feb 05/2020
On June 04/2020 I was looking my account up and noticed an "update". Checked and nothing had changed. A few hours later the same thing happened again.
Today on June 08/2020 I was looking my account up again and noticed another update. I checked and it said that the application has been approved. The portal now is showing my COPR information, but there are no messages nor have i received any emails.

The only way I can see the application was approved is by checking my account. I am sure that I will receive some sort of message soon.

After the application was approved I could see that my background check was done in March 03/2020 (no GU that day) and eligibility passed on June 04, same day i noticed the two GU's on my account.

I have not raised any webforms or requested GCMS notes, so that is all the information i have regarding timelines.

Thank you all for your initiatives and discussions in this forum. I have been a long time reader and I can't say how much it helped throughout not only my PR application, but my entire "Canadian adventure" which started back in 2015.

I hope this community remain strong and supporting each other with valuable feedback, reports, questions and debates.

Good luck to all!

GW007

May 22, 2020
Hi all,
I just wanted to share my timeline and webform revert in case it is of any help to the forum members.
Stream: FSW-Outland
AOR: 26th January 2020
1st Ghost Update: 10th February 2020
Medicals Passed: 11th February 2020
Biometric Invitation Letter: 11th February 2020
2nd Ghost Update: 23rd May 2020

Webform raised: 3rd June 2020
Revert from IRCC: 9th June 2020

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The eligibility review is currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa, Ontario.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry
CPC - Ottawa seems to the fastest of them all... I have seen all checks including SECURITY concluded for most Outland applicants. Meanwhile, security is pending for almost all outlanders in Sydney Nova Scotia VO...

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hello,

I am happy to say my PR application was approved today. I am a BC PNP - Inland applicant and my time line is:

BC PNP Nomination: December 05/2019
ITA: December 11/2019
AOR: January 12/2020
Medical Passed: January 27/2020
Biometrics: Feb 05/2020
On June 04/2020 I was looking my account up and noticed an "update". Checked and nothing had changed. A few hours later the same thing happened again.
Today on June 08/2020 I was looking my account up again and noticed another update. I checked and it said that the application has been approved. The portal now is showing my COPR information, but there are no messages nor have i received any emails.

The only way I can see the application was approved is by checking my account. I am sure that I will receive some sort of message soon.

After the application was approved I could see that my background check was done in March 03/2020 (no GU that day) and eligibility passed on June 04, same day i noticed the two GU's on my account.

I have not raised any webforms or requested GCMS notes, so that is all the information i have regarding timelines.

Thank you all for your initiatives and discussions in this forum. I have been a long time reader and I can't say how much it helped throughout not only my PR application, but my entire "Canadian adventure" which started back in 2015.

I hope this community remain strong and supporting each other with valuable feedback, reports, questions and debates.

Good luck to all!
congrats @Skyzito01 , same for me as well. Approval in CIC account but no email or letter. I am assuming that they will be updated soon. Ironically, I went in Costco yesterday and told them I need pics for my PR card (even though I didn't get the approval until this morning). Guess it was a faith move! lol

marquess

Aug 12, 2019
Hi all,

I've been silently following the forum and it has been of great help and relief sometimes. Here is our timeline.

Stream: CEC/PNP-Inland
VO: Sydney, NS
AOR: Jan 12
Medical Passed: Jan 27
BIL: Jan 27
Biometrics done: Jan 30
ADR (they could not open my employment letter file): Mar 4
Response to ADR: Mar 5
First Webform: April 17
Answer to First Webform: April 22
GCSM Notes Request: May 6
Second Webform: May 18
Answer to Second Webform: May 21
Ghost Update: June 4 (we only caught one) - Same date eligibility passed as per EE profile
Background Check: Mar 10 - As per EE profile
Final decision: June 8 - As per EE profile
COPR Received: June 8 - We received two emails this morning, one saying that we had an update on our account and the second came minutes after with the COPR letters.

GCSM Notes Response: June 8 - Great coincidence, the GCSM notes didn't have the approval info, it states that security was in progress and the rest passed. The notes are backdated from June 1.

My status on May 21 was:
  • The Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The security verifications are not in process yet.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.

When we saw the ghost update last week we talk that it could be the security check passed and did assume that the COPR was coming. And it did, two working days after!

Thank you all for sharing your experience, it was very valuable to me and I guided my steps according to what you guys were doing.

Good luck to the ones abroad and congrats to everyone who is already working on the next steps here as PRs!

PS: Please keep updating the forum as you receive the PR Cards.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Hi all,

I've been silently following the forum and it has been of great help and relief sometimes. Here is our timeline.

Stream: CEC/PNP-Inland
VO: Sydney, NS
AOR: Jan 12
Medical Passed: Jan 27
BIL: Jan 27
Biometrics done: Jan 30
Congratulations
How long GCMS notes takes to get them usually?
ADR (they could not open my employment letter file): Mar 4
Response to ADR: Mar 5
First Webform: April 17
Answer to First Webform: April 22
GCSM Notes Request: May 6
Second Webform: May 18
Answer to Second Webform: May 21
Ghost Update: June 4 (we only caught one) - Same date eligibility passed as per EE profile
Background Check: Mar 10 - As per EE profile
Final decision: June 8 - As per EE profile
COPR Received: June 8 - We received two emails this morning, one saying that we had an update on our account and the second came minutes after with the COPR letters.

GCSM Notes Response: June 8 - Great coincidence, the GCSM notes didn't have the approval info, it states that security was in progress and the rest passed. The notes are backdated from June 1.

My status on May 21 was:
  • The Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.

When we saw the ghost update last week we talk that it could be the security check passed and did assume that the COPR was coming. And it did, two working days after!

Thank you all for sharing your experience, it was very valuable to me and I guided my steps according to what you guys were doing.

Good luck to the ones abroad and congrats to everyone who is already working on the next steps here as PRs!

PS: Please keep updating the forum as you receive the PR Cards.

May 28, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-01-2020
Med's Done....
05-02-2020
Congrats! My timeline is the same as you! I did not receive any email or letter in my portal!
All i can see is the Document status - COPR Document number - Expiry date 2020/07/06
FYI.
I received confirmation document in my email with following information. You should get it soon.

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.

Reactions: Rakshiruby

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just checked my profile and saw where my application was update and when I clicked on my application, it said APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No email as yet, no COPR letter updated to my profile. But is says PROCESSING COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I can see on my profile where:
Eligibility review was completed April 6th
Background checks completed April 6th

This is such an overwhelming moment for me so allow me to give a little background. I originally applied to migrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program in February 27, 2008. At that time you only needed to have a first degree to qualify. Immigration laws changed and on February 5th 2010 my application was declined as I didn't have enough NOC B experience. I gave up on moving to Canada and went on to have my second child. Intermittently, I would apply for school in Canada just to see the approvals for school but I never had the funds to make the dream a reality. In 2017 I decided to apply for a visitors visa as my friend and brother (who was living in Canada) started asking me if I didn't want to come for a visit. Prior to this I has only vacationed in the US. Please see timeline of my journey here:

1. visitors visa approved Sept 23, 2017
2. First visit to Canada in January 2018 - I visited the College close to my brother and collected brochures. I started researching school seriously as my brother encouraged me to take the leap and that my family and I (husband and 2 kids) could live with him for a year.
3. March 26, 2018 - Study permit approved for me and entire family.
4. June 15, 2018 I resigned from my job that I had for the past 14 years and move to Canada for a 1 year post-graduate course
5. April 23rd- completed 1 year course and prayed fervently that my PGWP would be longer than a year (lol)
6. June 10th 2019 PGWP was approved and I got exactly 1 year ( expiry date June 8, 2020)
7. During that time I realized Ontario nomination program was CLOSED AND NOT GOING TO RE-OPEN ANYTIME SOON AND I ONLY HAD 1 YEAR TO WORK so I started looking jobs in other provinces. I did 2 interviews with a company in British Columbia and they didn't commit to giving me the job. I realized they wanted to meet me in person so I told them I would be in BC on August 4, 2019. I secured a short term stay, resigned my job and flew to BC with my 2 kids (and no job offer in hand). I met with the manager on August 6th and that's when he did another short interview and told me the job is mine. My husband stayed over in Ontario to continue working while we made the transition and eventually came over on September 27th. By the time he came I had rented a house, bought a used car, gotten the kids in school etc. He got a new job within a week of moving here.
8. I started my new job August 16, 2019
9. Applied for BC PNP August 26th 2019
10. Submitted BC PNP application September 27th 2019
11. Got BC PNP approval November 2019 (Big thank you to my employer who was veryyyy supportive.

A
OR JANAURY 22, 2020|BOWP approved May 12 2020| Express Entry application approved JUNE 8, 2020.

The huge takeaway from my journey is that once you plan your life and do all you can- nothing will happen before the time. I wasn’t destined to be here in 2008/2010 or any of the other times I applied for school. My time is now! I know this immigration journey is a challenging one filled with many uncertain turns. All I can say is that if you decide to take this journey it takes a lot of planning and faith.
Congratulations
Well done by you, youR supporting family & employer that helped you to achieve what you are dreamed of.

Typically, an email will trigger from IRCC with PDF attachments. Also, online account will have same files under messages.. I received just this morning.

Formah

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
@breakthrough2019, it means your application has been recommended for approval by the CIO in Canada.... It has been transferred to Local Visa office (Accra) to finalize...
This may not be entirely true. I am in same boat. My file was transferred to my LVO, Accra. I even received a ghost update. The background information changed to " your application is in process". I requested for gcsm. Upon arrival I could see that eligibility has not even started.

Oribu

Jun 8, 2020
AOR : january 20
Med passed: Feb 8
pnp outland

Please can anyone help me know if Sydney is a slow Visa Office because i got the same reply may 5th.

This is the reply I got today June 8th.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The criminality verifications are not in process yet.
· All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.

Oribu

Jun 8, 2020
This may not be entirely true. I am in same boat. My file was transferred to my LVO, Accra. I even received a ghost update. The background information changed to " your application is in process". I requested for gcsm. Upon arrival I could see that eligibility has not even started.
I heard Accra Visa Office is notoriously slow with people waiting as long as 18months post ITA for PPR.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
AOR Jan 02.Today, at ~8am received email from IRCC that we are now permanent residents. Wait is over. I am asked to send our photos for the actual card.
I know some people will ask about GU. I received only 1 GU on 04/22 & web form response on 05/10 said all stages were valid.
Never ordered GCMS notes. Thought to order it last month but I didn’t, after seeing a GU

Last edited: