+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi,
I have been following this thread for a while now.

AOR : Jan 20
VO: Ottawa
Stream : FSW outland.
I had raised a webform earlier this week and got the below reply.
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.
Does this background verification include criminality and security?
Thanks
I am also confused by the background verifications. In my response they didn't mention eligibility at all but specifically mentioned the background verifications being valid while security and criminality are not started. You have the opposite where you have eligibility and background listed.

It seems web form responses can be vague sometimes...

taranveer14

Dec 15, 2019
Hello guys i got a reply today. My security background verification is not initiated. how much time this step will take? and what they do in this step?
  • The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background/criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
AOR. 30th January

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
i ve read conflicting views on ottawa’s processing times. what is the general opinion about it?
aor jan 11th
My Application was with Edmonton for first 4 months and now the VO is coming as Ottawa. Nothing has changed since Feb that's when the Medicals were marked as passed. Not sure if the Ottawa will be processing or they will again be forwarding it to a different VO.
69% complete.

May 28, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-01-2020
Med's Done....
05-02-2020
My Application was with Edmonton for first 4 months and now the VO is coming as Ottawa. Nothing has changed since Feb that's when the Medicals were marked as passed. Not sure if the Ottawa will be processing or they will again be forwarding it to a different VO.
69% complete.
Same with me. Earlier this month I called them and they told me my VO is Edmonton for first 3 months. Then I raised webform on 21st May and got following reply yesterday. They also changed my VO from Edmonton to Ottawa.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on January 22, 2020.

· The responsible office has not initiated the verification regarding the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

• The criminal background verification is in process.
Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

My AOR is 22nd January, 2020.
Medical passed on 5th Feb and Biometrics done on 6th Feb. Since then I didn't receive any GU.

Aman009900

Apr 27, 2020
Hi guys can you pls tell on which stage my application is . I got this reply from ircc in webform.

• Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Reactions: matthew_131

matthew_131

Nov 11, 2017
Same with me. Earlier this month I called them and they told me my VO is Edmonton for first 3 months. Then I raised webform on 21st May and got following reply yesterday. They also changed my VO from Edmonton to Ottawa.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on January 22, 2020.

· The responsible office has not initiated the verification regarding the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

• The criminal background verification is in process.
Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

My AOR is 22nd January, 2020.
Medical passed on 5th Feb and Biometrics done on 6th Feb. Since then I didn't receive any GU.
I got simillar status with you, eligibility still in process but background is in process too. AOR jan 22, VO sydney

matthew_131

Nov 11, 2017
Hi guys can you pls tell on which stage my application is . I got this reply from ircc in webform.

• Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Looks like everything is passed for you, congrats!

Reactions: Aman009900

khurram009

May 28, 2020

You should be happy and relaxed because the email response that you received depicts that your application has been processed and decision has been made.
you should expect CORP soon...

Reactions: Aman009900

nirina

May 15, 2020
Hello guys i got a reply today. My security background verification is not initiated. how much time this step will take? and what they do in this step?
  • The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background/criminality verifications are currently valid.
AOR. 30th January
Same with me.

Saleh Almstiri

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi,
I have been following this thread for a while now.

AOR : Jan 20
VO: Ottawa
Stream : FSW outland.
I had raised a webform earlier this week and got the below reply.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.
Does this background verification include criminality and security?
Thanks
Congrats. Background normally is the longest and u have already gone through it. Let us know once you are granted the PR.

Reactions: LaksHari

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
69% complete.
I called today ,they informed me also that file moved to ottawa and criminality still in progress