+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Yes it is being assessed under CEC. PNP applicants have to meet the criteria of both pnp and Express entry.
I qualified under FSW and that's why even though I had the PNP, I still had to meet POF.
Thanks @pemyrie. I also asked PNP-CEC applicants who got their PR applications approved, and some of them didn't submit POF as well. Thank you for the info!

pemyrie

May 15, 2009

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
@GG12345 , I know that but this discussion started because @taulejo1 said there was an issue with his POF when he looked at his GCMS notes. So I told him POF is needed and the only exceptions are if you qualify under CEC /have a LMIA.

See post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2020-aor.671226/post-8621037
That's could be not considered under CEC. More information in a last paragraph.

Minimum requirements for PNP candidates in Express Entry
To enter and remain in the Express Entry pool as a PNP candidate, a foreign national must demonstrate the following:
  • that they have a PT nomination that has been validated by the nominating jurisdiction; and,
  • that they meet the program requirements of one of the Express Entry federal immigration programs (i.e., Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class).
When submitting their profile in their online account, the candidate will be able to see the federal immigration program(s) to which they appear to be eligible. This information will also be viewable in GCMS at the time of application for permanent residence (APR).

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
That's could be not considered under CEC. More information in a last paragraph.

Minimum requirements for PNP candidates in Express Entry
To enter and remain in the Express Entry pool as a PNP candidate, a foreign national must demonstrate the following:
  • that they have a PT nomination that has been validated by the nominating jurisdiction; and,
  • that they meet the program requirements of one of the Express Entry federal immigration programs (i.e., Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class).
When submitting their profile in their online account, the candidate will be able to see the federal immigration program(s) to which they appear to be eligible. This information will also be viewable in GCMS at the time of application for permanent residence (APR).
I know and that's why I said if you qualify under FSW you still have to show proof of funds whether or not you're already in Canada.

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Yea, I saw this website before.

Evaluating PNP applicants on A11.2
It is possible that a candidate may appear to meet the program requirements of more than one federal immigration program. When this occurs, the processing office must only determine that the applicant meets one of the federal programs for which they have been tagged. Once the applicant is determined to have met one of the federal immigration programs there is no need for further assessment of the others.
Processing offices should assess PNP applicants for federal programs in the following order:
  • CEC
  • FSTP
  • FSWP
Should the applicant fail to meet the first program considered, the processing office should consider the other programs to which the applicant has been tagged in turn until the applicant either meets one program or all possible tagged programs have been considered.
If it is determined that the applicant does not meet any of the tagged federal immigration programs, the application should be refused on A11.2. Misrepresentation should also be considered, as appropriate.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
I know and that's why I said if you qualify under FSW you still have to show proof of funds whether or not you're already in Canada.

Yeah, If applicant knows what class his/her application falls under, It's clear if POF needed or not. No need to speculate the federal programs class. That Information is already available to applicant.
  • CEC
  • FSTP
  • FSWP

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Yeah, If applicant knows what class his/her application falls under, It's clear if POF needed or not. No need to speculate the federal programs class. That Information is already available to applicant.
  • CEC
  • FSTP
  • FSWP
That's true and that is why I told @taulejo1 to deposit funds so his POF reaches the limit and send a webform, because the fact that they commented on it in the GCMS notes is cause for concern. Unless he falls under CEC and the officer reviewing it didnt realize.

Gaurav2016

Dec 14, 2016
AOR - 17th January
Stream - FSW - Inland
Medical Passed - 30th Jan
Biometrics Updated - 3rd Feb
ADR - RCMP Certificate
Uploaded ADR on 13th Feb

Raised Webform on 5th May and got a reply on 12th May
Eligibility - In process
Security Background Check - Not initiated
Criminality Background - In process
Application is being processed in Montreal.

Anybody who has the same AOR and is being processed in Montreal ? I've heard Montreal is very slow. Any thoughts ?
Hi, i’m FSW-inland with AOR 13 Jan. Raised a webform on 29 April. i was informed that my processing centre was local Montreal office.
Eligibility and criminality were in progress and security didn’t start. Montreal is way too slow.

Romain87

May 9, 2020
AOR Jan 7th FSW-O

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
Can anyone let me know. does background verification is valid means eligibility has been met.
Thank you.
It’s good question. Someone knows if
Ok so my AOR is January 5th. I sent a web form and they responded me that:
- background verification valid
- security background valid
- criminal Background valid

It seems like our application has not progress a lot . Nothing about our eligibility so I am little disappointed.
someone can tell me what does it mean background verification ? It means eligibility ?