***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Called IRCC yesterday:

AoR - 31st January

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Valid

Only the security check is pending. The agent informed that the eligibility was passed on 29th April, which is still decent timeline, about 3 months from AoR

vincan97

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Called IRCC yesterday:

AoR - 31st January

Only the security check is pending. The agent informed that the eligibility was passed on 29th April, which is still decent timeline, about 3 months from AoR
What is your VO?

May 15, 2020
It depends on the officer .....As you have already submitted the application ... I suggest you either wait (and leave file to officer's decision) or proactively upload CORRECTED reference letter via webform (leaving no loopholes).

I would have uploaded corrected reference letter.
Thank you for the reply. I have uploaded a letter of explanation for that. I contacted the institution for the corrected offer letter but the institution is closed now and will open at the end of this month.

Reactions: Olapeju b

@dasha0609

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hi Guys, a question for all of you - once the final decision is made, do you get the email if it's approved or rejected? Because Canada is not sending PPRs, I am just wondering whenever the final decision is made how do we know what it is?

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi, what's your stream? My progress bar is at 60% too, AOR Jan 30, PNP inland. The status of my application based on the webform and client service - medical, eligibility and criminality are passed, only security has not been initiated. VO is at CPC Ottawa. They transferred my file from Sydney
That's very good progress. CPC - Ottawa is doing really well with the applications. My stream is CEC.

Reactions: Airaelli02

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Not everyone gets GU. May be you are crashing their website checking 5 times a day. lol. Sorry, just joking.
I can understand It's annoying that some don't get to see eligibility review has started on time. Did you call IRCC earlier? See if you can call them if it's not already been more than 2 weeks from the last web-form.
Hi
What does GU mean?
One receives email for ghost update or just application status is updated in online portal? I saw my application status online today and status was”Submitted/Updated”, but no email was received.
Is this GU?
My AOR is Feb10

MichealConroy7

Sep 2, 2019
Called IRCC yesterday:

AoR - 31st January

Quick question - I tried to call Irrc yesterday but could not navigate the IVR to get to actually speak with a person - Can you advise what options you pressed to speak with someone?

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hi
What does GU mean?
One receives email for ghost update or just application status is updated in online portal? I saw my application status online today and status was”Submitted/Updated”, but no email was received.
Is this GU?
My AOR is Feb10
Yes, I don't know who named it as "GU". I will call it as 'Good update' (GU).

vincan97

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi
What does GU mean?
Is this GU?
My AOR is Feb10
Great to know ! whats your stream FSW or PNP inland/O?

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hi Guys, a question for all of you - once the final decision is made, do you get the email if it's approved or rejected? Because Canada is not sending PPRs, I am just wondering whenever the final decision is made how do we know what it is?
I will recommend to visit Oct/Nov 2019 AOR threads. and keep checking your application status. sometimes no e-mail for PPR.
But Of course, as a normal life cycle of application, once decision is made e-mail will trigger which should say "Your application status has changed". They don't put Rejected/Approved on the e-mail body.

Saleh Almstiri

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi guys,
I raised a web form five days ago and got the following reply:

AOR on January 30, 2020.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Med passed on Feb 12
Bio on Feb 18

How fast is the Centralized Office in Sydney, NS?
Also, how long does the security background verification take? what does it really involve?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Reactions: Airaelli02

intelligent_zombie

Mar 26, 2020
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (CIO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
07-11-2019
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
Med's Done....
28-01-2020
Hi
I received a ADR for SM8683 for a court or police report, can anyone help me understand what that is for. My police certificate had no live trace, only minor cautions over 10 years ago when I was in my younger days, I called ACRO and they said they have been stepped down, so dont need a report...unless I want to apply for Subject access which is for personal use only not immigration...can you help @legalfalcon