Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hello Everyone,

After my status update on my Express Entry profile on April 25th in this thread, I raised a web enquiry and this is the reply I got:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility requirements are met. (Still shows reviewing in my account)
  • The background verifications have not been initiated. (Says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check in my account)
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

As of May 07, 2020: 66% Complete and remaining processing time of 9 weeks. Any thoughts? :confused:

Reactions: DilshadCAN

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,

After my status update on my Express Entry profile on April 25th in this thread, I raised a web enquiry and this is the reply I got:

• The background verifications have not been initiated. (Says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check in my account)
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

As of May 07, 2020: 66% Complete and remaining processing time of 9 weeks. Any thoughts? :confused:
After R10 check, Eligibility is next crucial phase and I will just stop worrying once it's status is met/pass/valid.
BG/ criminality check are ongoing and started as soon as application is submitted and these will get cleared along with security ( if there are no records) How long will last step take? No one can really answer it. We will have to just wait..

DilshadCAN

Apr 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My timeline is very identical and I'm also FSW outland applicant Did you ask anything specific on the status in the web forms? I got a reply from them but it is very standard with no updates on Eligibility, Security or Background check status. Cant tell where my case is at the moment.

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for my PGWP extension on paper on January 21st. I receive by email the biometrics instruction letter as I pay for it. However, once I linked my application to my online account, the Biometrics section says as follows: "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." I am confused. Do I need to give the biometrics or not? If not, can I get a refund on the biometric fee?

Regards

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Do you know where is your vo? Thx!

nattfodd

Jun 25, 2019
FSW-outland, AOR January 17. I ordered GCMS notes directly (a friend in Canada helped) on April 6th and received them on May 4th. It says:

• Eligibility: Recommend Passed
  • Security: Not Started
  • Criminality: In Progress
  • Medical: Passed
Looking in more details, it appears my wife's criminality check is complete and mine is still ongoing.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I applied for a BOWP and got an email saying my application has been updated. I quickly logged in and checked the application status: only to see a letter saying my biometrics are valid until 2028!
All that excitement for nothing! Sigh. But I guess that means my permit is being looked at.

Reactions: Airaelli02

Airaelli02

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
I applied for a BOWP and got an email saying my application has been updated. I quickly logged in and checked the application status: only to see a letter saying my biometrics are valid until 2028!
All that excitement for nothing! Sigh. But I guess that means my permit is being looked at.
Hi, when did you apply BOWP?

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hi, when did you apply BOWP?
I applied February 13th and at that time the processing time was about 90 days. Also applied to extend my husband OWP and my 2 kids extension as visitors. I just got an update on my husband's app as well about his biometrics.

1104Swati

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Hi ,
Even I have similar timeline :

VO - Sydney Nova Scotia
AOR - 31st January
MEP & BIL - 12th Feb
BIO PASS - 14/15th Feb

Got a reply for my webform on the 24th of April
Eligibility Review : not initiated ( I think that would be the second level review)
Criminality : Valid
Security : Not started
hello there!!
I recommend raising another web form on 14 May or later to get updated info on your eligibility status. all the best.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
That means Eligibility is in progress/about to complete.
Within 2-4 days, you will see BOWP document status changed to 'Valid' and Exp date.

Last edited:

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
That means Eligibility is in progress/about to complete.
Within 2-4 days, you will see BOWP document status changed to 'Valid' and Exp date.
@GG12345 , that's what I'm hoping as well. My current permit expire June 6 and I do not like having "Implied Status." My current employer is already asking if I have renewals as yet and even though I know my rights, not every employer likes hearing about implied status- they prefer something in hand. Also, our health cards expire in June and my experience is that they do not take proof of application for renewal to extend the health cards.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
@GG12345 , that's what I'm hoping as well. My current permit expire June 6 and I do not like having "Implied Status." My current employer is already asking if I have renewals as yet and even though I know my rights, not every employer likes hearing about implied status- they prefer something in hand. Also, our health cards expire in June and my experience is that they do not take proof of application for renewal to extend the health cards.
Just less than a week time & you will have BOWP approval. You won't go in implied status. An Implied status is legal status that employee is allowed to work, so employer must not make a big deal out of it. Anyway, health cards cannot be extended online if you were working on work Visa. Gov. already mentioned that expired health cards will work. You can check the website. So, don't worry about heathCard renewal at this point.

Just make sure you extend expiration of your SIN as soon as original WP are received. You can do it online but sometimes website is not always up but still you have another option to send the application by mail. They need ORIGINALs. It will take ~20 business days to get SIN Exp extended. Ping me if you have any questions!